St. Dominic Savio Comments

St. Dominic Savio was born in Italy in 1842. One day when he was just four, he disappeared and his good mother went looking for him. She found the little fellow in a corner praying with his hands joined and his head bowed. He already knew all his prayers by heart! At five, he was an altar boy. When he was seven, he received his First Holy Communion. On that solemn day, he chose a motto: "Death, but not sin!" and he kept it always. ... Continue Reading

1. Adarighofua Joshua Ejiro

Help me saint dominic savio, i don't know if have contacted deadly desease in me. Tomorrow am going for test, pray for me that it would be negative.

2. Agatha

I've heard a lot about this saint but never read his story.
    It is nice to read of how he always wanted to imitate Jesus.

3. oprah winfrey

i am very intreiged by this interesting and view changing article it has inspired me toi devote my life after my talk show and move to africa to help the children and make world peace by joining the army.

4. AJ Gutierrez

@ Kurt Garcia
    Im from DBTC also.. Originally, the feast day of Saint Dominic Savio is May 9th.. But today, it has been moved already to May 6th.. so today is the feast day! happy feast day! :)

5. Kurt Garcia

My school is, DON BOSCO TECHNICAL COLLEGE.
    They teach the lives of saints, mostly St.John Bosco and St.Dominic Savio
    I thought it was "May 6" was the feast day of St.Dominic Savio they teached us that date
    Why is it written here it is "March 9th"
    What is the original date of his feast day
    Please write it here :)
    Birthdate, Death, and Feastday
    Imma gonna be a priest someday :)

6. Elise Bennett

I was told by my priest to pray for Dominic Savio's intercession to conceive a child.

So Dominic Savio I pray for your intercession in order for me and my husband to conceive a child. Through your innocence and purity of heart, intercede for the purity of me and my spouse that we can raise our child to be as in love with God as you were!

Amen

7. jacob wayanad

st.Dominic savio,even i heard about u earlier,i knew u today through my 9year old daughter who asked many doubts about u,when reaching home after her catechism exam .....she herself found the answers..and explained to me......so i handles my children to your hand.....my son nevin want to live like you ,my daughter merline maria want to help poor people .......so i pray you to help them and show them the path to GOD
    also pray for me and my wife linta.............
    pray for all children.....
    amen

8. shelley m.

my son Dominic(k) was born with a smile on his face. It lights up his face and anyone whos met him adults, children, strangers, and family remark how he makes them happy. After reading this I can''t help marveling that even though we already had another name chosen, we chose this randomly at the end. He is blessed. St. Dominic Savio please watch over and guide my son Dominic(k) and my son Joseph (another blessing)and keep them safe and true to themselves and our Lord. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen

9. Kassie

Ello i just wanted 2 say that GOD..IS..REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Jacqueline

Dear Blessed Saint Dominic Savio:

Oh I love you so much!! I recently ordered a book on your life to give to my children to read so that they might imitate your love of Christ and His Church. Please, ALWAYS watch over my kids and God-children. Keep them safe, protect them from mortal sin, obtain for them holy companions all their lives, great love of God and His church, and the grace of a holy death.

May I be so bold as to ask another favor, I have been having difficulty conceiving, please obtain for me another child before I get too old. I promise, if its a boy, to name him after you.

In Jesus' name,
    Amean.

11. Kay

Our dear little grandson was just named Dominic. St. Dominic will truly be a wonderful role model for him to look up to. We will share this wonderful story with him and his parents.

12. theresia

St. dominic . please make my daughter b'day party will be memorable for her and us , Amen

13. guy

cool

14. theresia

St. Dominic
    I do believe in prayers and miracle, please make another miracle on
    february 04'2011, thank you for the miracles you did to my daughter before, AMEN

15. Sister M

Does anyone know where to go to find our how to start a Dominc Savio Club? I recall one in a parish I worked in twenty years ago, but I can not find any info on how to start one in my new parish. I would need "by laws" or mission statements as well as the parameters that apply to be an official Dominic Savio Club. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

16. Jeenu Jancy

This article was Excellent

17. ★ MARK ★

I chose this saint for my project. This is my favorite saint because he was very holy and he was brave.

18. theresia

St. Dominic I do believe in miracle, my prayer for 10/22/10 had been answered, thank you very much.
    I need more miracles, please give my daughter happiness on 12/03/10. I want her happy at that day. AMEN

19. Cynthia D'souza

My son, came asking me for a patron saint for his confirmation. I could not give a clear thought what name should be said but next morning all of a sudden I remember Dominic Savio
    Though since my childhood when I used to his picture deep in my heart a cute feeling for his respectful ways touched me a lot. But years passed I missed out the don bosco church in India. Now my son is 14 and one of the priest asked me to pray to dominic savio and my eyes were in tears it brought back my memories of the visit.
    He is amazing saint and very touching for youth.

20. Erin Biju

that was really good i just hope all159 of the people in school like it . I wrote it all down it took 5 whole pages.BUt oh weel it will do.
    I wish everybody was like him.