St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph E. Christopher

Dear St. Augustine, Please pray to the Lord our God for me to live without impure thoughts, words and deeds hence forth.I also pray for all those who are deep down in impure acts and are sources for others to sin.

It would be more helpful if some of his miracles are published.

Joe

2. nick

thiz dude iz kewl

3. josie

its great,i want to know what is famous saying of saint augustine?

4. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Augustine,
    Teach me to love God more fervently as you did! This is the only gift that I ask you on your feast day.

5. clemente

Can relate to all of St Agustine's life and His Mothers' -St Monica's- prayers that helped Him come back to Our Catholic Faith. I returned after a 30+ year absence and daily prayers from from Mother until she died. Beautiful to see that there is hope for us sinners as long as we are willing to repent, confess and give up our sinful lives and follow the teachings of Our Lord.

6. BETTY

I am the mother of a son who very much followed the unruly life of Saint Augustine ffor many years. In the early 70s I began praying to St. Monica and St. Augustine for my son's healing and conversion. They have been a great comfort to me. My son now knows Jesus as his Savior but has left our Catholic Church. So I continue to pray with hope that these Saints will intercede for my son's coming home to our Church and Faith. I have also been praying to St. Anthony for a few years now not knowing that he played a part in St. Augustine's conversion. Thank you for this web site which helps us all to stay connected to the Community of Saints.
    Thanks,
    Betty

7. Catholic

Saint Augustine, pray for us!

8. richie

It wasn't very helpful. This might be a good read for the younger Christians who want to learn about St. Augustine. I don't like how this article puts in the dark his life before being a Christian, when the truth is, that is the part of his life where we learn a lot about him. He made a lot of academic contributions, I heard.

9. Autumn :)

Um, not very helpful for me, I need quick, jot down facts not a long paragraphfor my 6th grade school project. Beautiful site though........ Thanks anyways. A :)

10. caius f. kakaba

great Augustine was a great give to humanity, who can withstand him? surely not even his contemporaries. we must celebrate his exellency in gratitude to God

11. Ingrid

I really liked this article on St Augustine, it was straightforward and factual, and to
    top it off it was very inspirational

12. john

thank u for helping me with my research tnx very much

13. Rasul

This saint is awesome, and i recommend for anyone

14. taysy-grace

i like this saint a lot!!

15. Ydrab

I definitely recommend this Saint to anyone looking for a saint for confirmation. He shows that a man can be in the world and not of it.

16. ian van Gemert

this is soooo cooooolll

17. thomas

i like st augustine for his life story,and can i get his novenas?

18. rawr

oh i so very do love saint augustine

19. Michashed Bamboca

I loved it with its immaculate and majestic beliefs and faith. Strong words I Love It O Yes I Do!

20. Klinton

Wonderful site! I like St. Augustine.