St. Augustine of Hippo Comments

St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. This famous son of St. Monica was born in Africa and spent many years of his life in wicked living and in false beliefs. Though he ... Continue Reading

1. Tumwesigire Tadeo

I need help on Augustine's teaching on evil. Thank very much!

2. michael varger

My Dear Augustine, how do I begin to thank you for the countless blessings and graces Christ the Risen Lord showered me from my early life all because of you. Our Holy Mother Church has been greatly influenced by your writings and for this alone we shoiuld thank God daily. My life is a living testimony of your presence and power of prayer without which I would not be here to write this note of gratitude. Today I come to you for help, and it is very urgent because my close friend wants to commit suicide, so let me very briefly tell you his story. Timmy was born on Sunday, 4th April 1976, to a Finnish family who immigrated to Sydney, Australia in 1970. Timmy's father was a hopeless alcoholic drinking his wages in filthy pubs and his mother a sober and hardworking woman struggling to feed her family of 6 children from a small salary she earned from cleaning a house of a wealthy but kind Jewish lady in the affluent Sydney suburb of Elizabeth Bay. Life was far from cozy and every day was a struggle to get by with meagre means. Timmy was 16 years old when his elder brother, a hopeless heroin addict, talked him into smoking heroin telling him that it wasn't addicitve if he smoked it as it was like smoking marijuana. Well, it didn't take long for Timmy to develop a $400 a day heroin habit. In 2004 his family funded his drug treatment and Timmy lived a clean life with a well paid job, played sport and restored classic BMW cars 1962-1965 series with great success until 13 months ago when he fell deeply in love with a young spunky girl (22 years old) who was a heroin addict. Timmy is now sleeping on park benches frequently assaulted by drunks and he's now soliciting gold coins from pedestrians and patrons in pubs. My Dearest Augustine, where there is life there is hope, so please storm Heaven to rescue Timmy from HELL, his heroin hell. May the Risen Lord rescue and restore Timmy back to his terrified and torn family. AMEN

3. austin ly

what is the copyright and sponsor of this amazing article!

4. b

augustine is my homeboy

5. Dan Glesak

Augustines my boy, we go way back

6. Onwu Oche Raphael

I'm to give a presentation on St.Augustine as an example to Africa. I have read and understand the life of St.Augustine, i pray through him to help me spread this that i have learned, also may the mercyful God for give my sin,so as to LOVE HE...in Jesus name,Amen.

7. Onwu Oche Raphael

8. gaby

this is all the information i needed and more! : )

9. Elizabeth Harding

I was looking for Saint Augustine's way of arguing the existence of God from assuming first that God exists then working out that everything else fits perfectly, or something to that intent. Have I got the wrong Augustine? Can you give me a two sentence quote I can use for this argument for the existence of God that I can use to people of reading age 11 yrs in English?

10. Melinda

Wow, I am not Catholic but Saint Augustine is definitely a great example and a very influential person, no doubt. Might I suggest for all you people praying to him, why don't you follow his example and pray to Heavenly Father yourselves? Augustine is not God and can't create miracles, he was just a servant of Him.

11. Augustine Mbamba

I am christianed as "Augustine" and am proud to be. Each time I go astray against my christian values or commit a sin, I always draw on experiences and encouragement of my patron-saint that no sin can not be forgiven with true faith in Jesus Christ. So Sacrament of Reconciliation prevails all the time in order to remain on course in my journey to Heaven. " TO SIN IS TO HUMAN BUT TO REMAIN IN SIN IS TO SATAN"

12. Jessica

St. Augustine's life is absoutely amazing. Doesn't it give you hope? You can be the worst sinner yet through Gods grace you can become a saint (and a doctor of the church)! I know God works these miracles even in our day and age, never lose faith! There is a Catholic Preist who shares almost the same story of Saint Augustine. His name is Fr. Donald Calloway. He wrote a book called No Turning Back about his life story. It is really neat. Remember God loves you!

13. Augustine Osemeke

Dear St. Augustine, Please keep interceding for me & my family & let my life be transformed just as God transformed you through the prayers of your dear Mum. Amen.

14. kelechi ojobor

St Augustine pls deliver me from the evil one and his attacks.
    Pls also deliver me from his subtle snares by which he gradually draws us into sins of impurity. Also find a space in the heart of those who post on the net pictures that are meant solely to mislead and place the pure love of Christ who came to die for us in that space.

15. Fr.Joseph santiago CMF

I like very much St.Augustine and his teachings and his own personal history. I read his autobiography and this material. what a beautiful prayer.You stir up O Lord and make us find joy in you & you made us to yourself & our hearts find no rest until they rest in you

16. Ifeanyi Nnamani

Please saint Augustine help me to get a good job b4 or after my youth service to pursue poverty in my family

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Augustine, Please intercede for me to lead a good life, without thinking or speaking ill of any one! Thank You.

18. Patty

Dear Saint Augustine,
    I am inspired by you. I have been praying for my husband for a long time. His birthday is August 28, your feast day. I am inspired by your mother, St. Monica who did not give up on her husband or children. They were converted. I ask you to intercede for me for the conversion of my husband and for the return to the Church of my children. Please remember Jerry, Michael and Scott. God is so good and merciful. Thank you for praying for my family, St. Augustine!

19. christie

Dear St. Augustine, I've long admired you, because you are so real. Your early life of sln allows me to have a greater hope of conversion for all youth who are led astray by false ideas, weird pop stars and hard metal music. I ask for your powerful intecession for the conversion of all Catholic youth who are now estranged from the faith and who think it to be cool. Pleas pray that I have safe travel to my homecountry. Help me to make the necessary changes to my flight in advance. See me safely home to be on time for the reopening of school. Amen

20. Boniface Bara

St. Monica and St. Agustine have inspired my life very much. My birthday is on 27 August and St. Monica feast day is also on 27 August and my daughter's name is also Monica Elizabeth Bara. The VC priest Rev.Fr. Binoy Augustine whose birthdat is on 28 August and the fest day of St. Augustine is also on 28 August. My birthday is 27th Aug 1956 and going thru sinful life I was converted to true Catholic christian life in 2004 and on 5 Dec 2007 I was born again in Spirit and water while I was attending the Euchristic Mass in evening and in vision anointed by Holy Spirit and forgiveness of sins received (Jn 3 : 5) and after this incident vision and dreams of Jesus and Mother Mary followed and from May 2010 I now see Jesus with my open eyes and hear his words, speaks with me . Praise Jesus Christ