Bl. Diana Comments

A member of the d'Andalo family, Diana was born near Bologna Italy, and convinced her father to withdraw his opposition to the founding of a Dominican priory on land he owned in Bologna. Dominic received her vow of virginity, but she was forced to remain at home by her family. Later she joined the Augustinians at Roxana but was forcibly removed from the convent by her family. She was injured in the struggle but later escaped and returned to ... Continue Reading

1. Diana Guadalupe

This Diana is not yet a saint, she is a "Blessed." That is why it reads Bl. Diana. After a number of miracles are reported, there would be an investigation by the Vatican into the reported miracles after which she may or may not be canonized. With our supplication in asking for her intercession to our Lord Jesus Christ, we may receive miracles God willing. But we must pray for her intercession to begin with... and with deep and great faith.
    I am not ashamed of my first name --and I am humbled to have the middle name I've been given-- even though 'Diana' is attributed only to the goddess. Let all we Dianas be aware, that we are not who we are named after --or not named after-- we are remembered for what we have done and hopefully after we have lived our lives then may our name be remembered for our own lovingkindness and not for a goddess.

2. Kathy

Blessed Diana, I will come to you with my next big miracle needed. I would love to help make you a saint of the church. Please always bless my Diana. Love always, Kathy

3. JAMIE

It's a great pity that Princess Diana did not convert to Catholicism as she was planning to at one stage. She could have been made a saint by the Catholic Church after her death and then we would have had a Saint Diana.

4. Diana

I never knew there was a saint named Diana. Hope I can actually use this saint as my confirmation name!

5. Mr Mg Ni

Dear all, I am 34 years old and I have a daughter in name of Diana, after reading all comments , I confused , Is Diana a saint or not.

I am very eager to know it .

Thanks in advance ...to who reply for it .

6. diana

I quarrelled with a friend over the name and I was not happy telling me the name belongs to a goddess. Now I have confidence that the name Diana belongs to a saint.

7. diana

this is my name and i was named after princess diana after her marriage to prince charles. all my life i have been told by outsiders to change my name as it belonged to a roman goddess. i am happy to know it also relates to the blessed diana!!

8. Diane Catherine

I have often wondered about my first name. I know that it is a verions of Diana but did not know about Belessed Diana. I did take Caherine as my confirmation name, it was my mother's name.

9. emily

Im using this name as my confirmation name too but i need to know what symbols represent her if there are any thx

10. Diana

My real name is Diana and I just found out that my saints day is today and I was like Omg. I heard about my saints day in church!!!

11. Diana

I am considering this name as my confirmation name. I need to know exactly what her final title is since she was not named a saint. Thank you.

12. diana <3

Does anyone know if she is a patron saint?

13. Alexandra

This is my confirmation name.

14. diana

I'm going to think about using this name I really like it!

15. Diana

this is going to use it for my confirmation and its my real name

16. Diana

I didn't know there was a saint named after me!!!!! i found out in my church classes it surprised me~!!!!

17. Marisa

cute! might use for confermation name!!!!!!

18. gayle

my daughter was just told she cant have diana for her confirmation name since she is not a saint she is a blessed?? she wants this name because it represents her fathers mother who passes away when he was only 3 and it represents an important family member on my side as well. is she allowed to pick this name??

19. Diana

I am 65 years old and never knew there was a Saint Diana until today. This made me very happy.

20. dianne

i like the name of this saint!it is a cute name..........my name is nearer to the name saint diana.