St. Joseph Comments

Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him. We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this not the carpenter's son?" (Matthew 13:55). He wasn't rich for when he took Jesus to the Temple to be circumcised and Mary to be purified he offered the sacrifice of two ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph's Mom

Dear St. Joseph, Happy Feast Day! Thank you for your help and assistance throughout my life so far. I believe it is because of my special attachment to you that despite many helpless situations and moments in my life, I have never, not even once, lost face or hope becuase of your constant assistance. Thank you for answering many of my small petitions to you ever since my school days. The one constant thing I had always asked you was for me to be granted a good husband like yourself. however, I do not know what I have today! I feel so unblessed in this aspect, as, what I have is quite contrary to what I want and wish and I am not able to understand whether I am just going through a trial or whether my marriage is simply hopeless! I have struggled for 7 years already and do not, according to my human intelligence, see any respite forthcoming. In this 35th year of my life and on your most venerated day in the year, my earnest prayer to you is to give me strength and support in whatever measure I may decide to undertake in order to improve my life. This is all the more important and urgent as I have my earthly responsibility to 7 year old Joseph, my boy and your namesake. You know Joseph has suffered much and have not had a father's real love and protection. It breaks my heart to see my boy suffer and exposed to so many unplesantness. We are at our most pathetic stage and I fear the worst. We need your divine intervention! Please intercede for us so that something significant may happen soon for the better. Please ask Jesus to touch my husband's frozen heart so that it may melt just a bit - just enough to fit in a little more love for his son, at least.

Also, if it is God's will, please interceed for me so that the new job I interviewed for - lingering on the final decision - may ultimately open up for me! St. Joseph, patron of life, wholesome saint....pray for me. Thank you and Amen.

2. Richard k

Dear St. Joseph,
    I brings us great joy to honor you on this day as the foster father of Our Lord Jesus, and spouse to Blessed Mary. Your faith and obedience to the Father, your love for the Holy Child and protector of the Holy Family is an example to us all.
    You have long been my patron, I know you always hear my prayer, and grant what is best for me.
    Strenghthen in Faith and love the Church which you are the Universal patron. Give those who have lost their faith a second chance, bring them back to the truth which is the Church headed by Christ, and supported by His sacraments. We pray to you for help with those who cannot or will not pray for themselves.
    Lastly, please help me to find the means very soon to be able to retire, spend my time serving the Lord with the talents He gave me, and offering prayer and praise to Him until my death.
    Saint Joseph, pray for us.

3. michael varger

Dear St Joseph, today is your FEAST DAY and our Holy Mother Church everywhere in the world celebrates your special day because you are special in the story of Salvation. My life is a living testimony of your powerful prayers and how you generously intercede for those who turn to you in trust. Today I am appealing to you to save my friend who wants to commit suicide. I will briefly fill in the background story about him. Timmy was born on Sunday, 4th April 1976 to a Finnish family who immigrated to Sydney, Australia from Finland in 1970. Timmy's father was a hopeless alcoholic drinking all his wages in filthy pubs and his mother a sober and hardworking woman struggling endlessly to feed her 6 children on a small income she received as a house cleaner to a wealthy but kind Jewish lady. Life was far from happy and every day a battle to make ends meet. Timmy 's brother, a hopeless heroin addict, talked Timmy into smoking heroin at age 16 telling him that smoking won't get him addicted. Well, before very long Timmy developed a $400 a day heroin habit and his life became his living hell. In 2004 his family saved enough money to fund Timmy's treatment and Timmy was living a healthy, clean and rewarding life with a well paid job, played sport and for hobby restored classic BMW cars 1962-1965 series with great success and financial rewards. Timmy met and fell madly in love 13 months ago with a beautiful young lady (22 years old) who swept him off his feet, to everyone's horror she is a heroin addict. Timmy is now homeless, penniless, unemployable and suicidal junkie who lost everything worth living for. Timmy sleeps on park benches frequently assaulted by drunk louts and he's soliciting gold coins from pedestrians and patrons in pubs. Where there is life there is hope and today is the day I trust you will plead with Jesus to rescue Timmy from his heroin HELL and restore him back to his tortured and terrified family. AMEN

4. chet bas

happy feast day beloved st joseph. you embraced your role in the holy family.you are often overlooked and underappreciated. since i have no father and my mom has no husband, please fill those roles in my family and in all families without a father.thank you for your guidance.

5. christie

Dear St. Joseph, it's early morning of your feastday, which brings me to the much awaited day. I celebrate your holy, humble, happy life. How else would you have been chose to be the earthly father of Jesus the son of God, and spouse of Mary. In the company of Jesus and Mary you lived. Protector of Jesus and Mary, it is often told that there is nothing we ask of you on your feast day that you will not grant. I also know that I must persevere in asking, for that is Jesus' lesson on prayer. I believe that with true and quiet faith. Please grant a permanent cure of all chilfdren suffering from developmental delays. Grant the gift of Baptism to those who know Jesus and are resisting His heavenly grace. Protect all families from any onslaught that threatens their unity. Bless children who are denied their faith. Pray for all who are dying at this very moment. St. Joseph, I love you. Amen,

6. christie

Happy feast day St. Joseph, I can't wait to greet you and smile joyously, for I trust you as the truest friend of man and the humblest servant of God. You are upright, just and completely self-effacing. Jesus the son of God revered and honoured you as his father. How much more should we? I love your care for Mother Mary, the Bethlehem scene, the Presentation, the flight to Egypt, the finding of our Lord Jesus, and his obedience to you. Dear Saint, who is remembered as the patron saint of the universal church, guard and guide her, and preserve, restore her always. St. Joseph, patron saint of the dying thank you for being with my dying mother, she has found eternal rest. St. Joseph powerful saint there's nothing you will deny us when we ask on your feastday. I implore you to give healing and complete cure for all children who are born with pervasive developmental delays. Give them a permanent cure. Heal my daughter who will be going in for tonsillectomy, grant us safe travel too. Amen.

7. Ph

Thank you St Joseph for your intercessions to Lord Jesus for me to have passed all my modules, especially the particular two which I thought I was going to fail due to bad/poor performance. Thank You Lord Jesus for the answered prayers :)

8. Jonathan Casey

thank you so much for all you do bless you!

9. Ellen

St. Joseph, Thank you for your continued blessings from almost 22 years ago.

10. binni

dear st.joseph,
    thanks for hearing my petition i'll always remember that.but today i ask you special prayer for my job please pray to your son our JESUS to give me one job i need job you know my childrens dont have their father support and i'm their father and mother so please give me suitable job so that i can look after my childrens daily need i ask this favour in the name of our lord an saviour JESUS CHRIST.Amen

11. Grateful

Dear St Joseph, thank you for praying for my case to Jesus. Prayers answered and the friendship between C and I was not only strengthened, but also improved especially through the meet-up we had. Thank You Lord Jesus for answering my prayers through the intercessions of St Joseph also.

The Prayer to St Joseph

Oh, St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. Oh, St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

Oh, St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls - Pray for Me.

Amen

12. Alfa

Dear Joseph, I reeally really nedd your help. I will recieve my exam results next week. Even if it is bad, please give me strength and courage to accept that everything has a good reason behind it and please be with me when I get my results :).. My exams were sooo hard. I know that mummy will be very dissapointed.. :(,, But what can I do?.. I trie my very very very best.. I revised soo much but I still couldn't do well .. Please tell mummy not to be sad. I try so much to make her proud of me but I am not brainy enough.Please tell jesus to help me if I ahve to resit. The thought of res-tting just makes me cry because I tried soo hard. My mummy wants me to be a Doctor and so do I. But I just don't have the ability to be one.Anyway I love you soo much. Please help me to remember that God's love is above everything and please help me remember that Jesus loves me even if nooneelse does. .. I trust in you Joseph. Please can you bless me and my family. :) I trust in you.. ummmaaa

13. Jake

Hello,

I need to know the following things:
    1. How did he become a saint
    2.what did he do to become a saint
    3. how did he live the 7 gifts of the holy spirit
    4. how did he live the 12 fruits of the holy spirit
    5. what are some good characteristics about him
    6. and how when and where did he die.

If you could answer these and email me back that would be great!

Thanks,
    Jake

14. Jenni

Thank you for answering my prayers St. Joseph... Please pray to Saint Joseph he will hear you and intercede for you. I love you St Joseph.

15. Bel

Really helpful. Love it! thank you.

16. MADELINE CHIARAMONTE

dear st. joseph thank you for all i have.... my love for god is stong.....my marychris and my michael needes your help with money and good health...i well bake cookie for the moth of mar 19 st josseh table also on mAY 1

17. Kathy

Dear St. Joseph,

I ask your prayers for my husband. He has been looking for a good job. I am anxious for our family financially and for my husband's peace of mind. He wants to find work that will give him a sense of accomplishment and the ability to support our family. He has come close before but nothing has worked out. Please help remove this stress from our lives. Thank you!

18. christie

Dear St. Joseph, as I write to you, lighten my heavy heart and gladden me, I'm journeying for the past 2 years with my aged mother who is 94 years old. She has become so frail, so tired and so weak, it is difficult for her and for us to witness this condition, for she was always hale, hearty and healthy. Help me give thanks to God for the good, healthy and prayerful years that she lived. Now, as she lies on her deathbed, I implore you, dear, loving and protective saint to stay at her side, never to leave her. May she be accompanied by Mother Mary and you when she presents her soul to Jesus. My wish is to be by her bedside when this holy moment happens. St. Joseph, patron of a holy death answer my prayers. Amen.

19. Angus B

As a father I feel a humble closeness/connection to St Joseph. I often pray to him for guidance, support and protection of my family. I wish there was more information available on his life and Joys and Sorrows. His faith and trust in God are so inspiring, his life dedicated to the care and protection of his family. I wish I had the faith to let go of my fears and allow God to guide my life as he did St Joseph. Thank you for posting this information.

20. Sylas