St. Bartholomew Comments

St. Bartholomew, 1st. century, one of the 12. All that is known of him with certainty is that he is mentioned in the synoptic gospels and Acts as one of the twelve apostles. His name, a patronymic, means "son of Tolomai" and scholars believe he is the same as Nathanael mentioned in John, who says he is from Cana and that Jesus called him an "Israelite...incapable of deceit." The Roman Martyrology says he preached in India ... Continue Reading

1. michelle cruz
    7 months ago

Please pray for me for courage, for healing, for a wonderful future, for love again with the right person that God wants for me.

2. Joseph Mathew
    7 months ago

St. Bartholomew, please pray for me to battle and overcome the various temptations, that turn me away from God.

3. waithiraa
    7 months ago

Happy Feast Day! please intercede for me for a husband and for a family of my own.
    Thanks

4. Sharon
    9 months ago

St. Bartholomew, I pray to you for healing of my granddaughter's vitiligo of the skin. Please intercede for her and beg God to cure her affliction. She is only four years old. Please help her that she can live a happy, normal life. Thank you for your intercession.

5. Elizabeth
    11 months ago

St. Bartholomew I pray to you to please intercede and heal me of my skin affliction. Please help and cure me so I can resume my healthy, normal life, with an increased understanding and appreciation of life. My life is meant to serve God, and I want to be healthy again so that I can continue to pursue good works. Amen

6. nla

I would like to request a prayer of healing for my mother who is 83 and who is hospitalized. She went in with labored breathing and was diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia. Slowly but very thankful to Jesus she is getting a little better, but she would like to go home for peace and would like to leave from there whenever Jesus is ready to take her.

7. John

St. Bartholomew I pray to you to please intercede and heal my wife of her skin disorder and infections. I have seen her suffer so much in pain and I can feel her agony. Please help and cure her so she can go back to her happy and normal life. I love my wife very much. Grant us peace and happiness. Amen

8. Patricia Normand

Please pray for my son David Perryman Jr. He is looking for work and needs a job soon. Please let something come up

9. Deberia Mc Kinley

St. Bartholomew Please intecede for my son Jeremiah who is losing weight, he just has a beautif daughter about three months ago. i think that he is stress and not eating right he hate his job and he looking for another job he applied at the place where I work and he didn't get the job because he was set up on the other job and resigned. He took his retirement out and i wanted him to get a lawyer but he said he had his family to take care of. He has a wife and four kids. Please pray and ask the amight father to give him the strength and courage to stop worring so he can sleep and eat and find another job to take care of his family. I pray for healing for his legs to have the screws remove. so he will not have anymore pain.

10. Joseph Mathew

St. Bartholomew, please pray for us and for our families.

11. anonymous

St. Bartholomew, "incapable of deceit", please intercede for me for a healing of a recent unknown skin problem on my face that could be toxic or malignant and guide me in my concerns. Please also help my father with severe red skin condition on his lower legs and heal him.

12. Steve

St. Bartholomew, please intercede on my behalf.

13. mona

Dear Saint Bartholomew, please pray for Jacob that he finds the right path, for his parents that they find the strenght and wisdom to guide him and for all cancer patients that they deal with their disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

14. Alice Sibi

Really a great information.. I was in need of a talk about today's saint. GOD give me this site
    Thank you.
    It will be a great source of Bible and GOD.

15. christie

St Bartholomew, Apostle and Martyr, pray for all traveler who fly today. Give us safety and enjoyment of flight. I thank you for my family. Keep us in your prayers. Amen

16. prince of peace students

go stars our comment is awesome go saint bartholamew go apostles

17. princeofpeace school students

this passage is awesome go stars

18. christie

St. Bartholomew, aposotle and companion of Jesus, you are a rare and unique person to have been described by Jesus as "incapable of deceit". I think you are wonderful. My mother who is from Kerala, India says that with St. Thomas, you were Christ's first preachers in India..and received martydom later. We long for your continued intercession from heaven for the Catholics of India and Asian countries. Pray for all chlidren who are afflicted with developmental delays and all people who are vulnerable. Amen.

19. Joseph santiago CMF

St.Bartholomew, Apostle ,before coming to know Christ, was a hero and Nazareth was nothing for him but after knowing Jesus and messiah and Son of God, become a servant and zero,emptided himself and spoke about Nazareth well and good. It is very hard for any one to break his self ego and pride about him and his hometown but when we understand other in the eye of Faith for the sake of the Kingdom and the account of the Gospel we may begin the appreciate and acknowledge other and their goodness. We may come to know see how much ignorant and blind was I? Jesus opens our mind and heart to see others as there and also good as we are.

20. Sharon

Is there a hymn or set of hymns appropriate to this Saint's feast day???