St. Januarius Comments

St. Januarius was born in Italy and was bishop of Benevento during the Emperor Diocletion persecution. Bishop Januarius went to visit two deacons and two laymen in prison. He was then also imprison along with his deacon and lector. They were thrown to the wild beasts, but when the animals did not attack them, they were beheaded. What is believed to be Januarius' blood is kept in Naples, as a relic. It liquifies and bubbles when exposed in the ... Continue Reading

1. Januarius Umeodum
    5 months ago

My Patron St Januarius, thank you so much for interceding for us all these years. I am very sorry for my knowing about you just these few years, forgive me and pray for me. Pray for me to be fully healthy and be free of sin, sicknesses, diseases and attacks of the evil ones. Pray for me to be an expert in my job. Pray for my blood to be liquidified and be active as yours. Pray that the precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ purify me. Pray for peace in this wicked World that is full of evil and violent people. Pray for the continued protection and blessings to the Holy Catholic Church and the faithful. All these and other more I ask, through Jesus Christ our Lord, amen

2. Fred Caramiello
    6 months ago

Saint Januarius please intercede for Tricia B. and ask Our Blessed Lord to heal her of breast cancer.

3. Emily
    6 months ago

St Januarius, please obtain for me, from the heart of God, the graces my family so desperately needs. Temporal and spiritual.

4. Nwanne
    6 months ago

St Janarius, please pray for all those who need divine healing, especially my dear niece Buchi

5. Joseph Mathew
    6 months ago

St. Januarius, please intercede for us to tide over the difficult situations in our day to day life with the Lord's help.

6. Susan
    6 months ago

Dear St. Januarius on this great day we celebrate you! And this day by God' grace my only daughter Rozanne has been diagnosed with mild anemia for this reason i unite your ever alive blood and that of my daughter, please pray for us that our dead blood should be liquefaction for Christ. Thank you

7. Robert
    6 months ago

Please San Gennaro, pray for our family and heal our son Tony from his current condition. Please pray that all of our lives are bountiful in the service of the Lord.

8. Okeke Kelvin

May through the intercession of St januarius may all the sick be healed especially those diabetic mrs Rita Okonkwo and also intercede for me and my family that our moral life may bubble up to the glory of God Amen

9. Joan

I place my son, Scott, in your hands and ask you bless and guide him with moving forward in a timely manner with God's will.

10. GEORGE V. ROCHA

BLESSED SANCTO JANARIUS, MAY OUR DEUS KEEP YOU AND YOUR MARTYED
    COMPANIONS AS POWERFULL INTERCESSORS FOR OUR HOLY MOTHER CHURCH
    THANK YOU ON THIS YOUR FEAST DAY AND TO GIVEN ME THE OCCASION TO CHOOSE A NAME FOR MY GUARDIAN ANGEL, I NAME HIM TO THE HONOR OF OUR
    LORD JESUS CHRIST, DESI IN MEMORY OF DESIMETRIUS, YOUR LECTOR WHO GAVE
    HIS LIFE ALONGSIDE WITH YOU! PLEASE INTERCEDE FOR ALL DIABETICS ESPECIALLY MY BROTHER LUIS. AMEN.

11. Janet Valdez

St Januarius please pray for me that a new joy for life will bubble up in my heart and liquefy my frozenness...my life has been such a struggle these past few years and I need the Joy of the Lord to fill me and motivate me to be joyful in all things...even suffering...give me courage...your courage was so powerful...Today I pray for courage and Joy in all things that my life will be a good witness as yours was.
    Amen

12. Kenneth LaBorde

St. Januarius, Please pray for my daughters Allison, and Emily , to be returned to my and my wife's care from out of foster care, today. I vow to raise them as I should have done before and have them Christened, in the Catholic Church and taught religious studies of Christ and I vow to lead a life of example to inspire them. In Jesus name I Pray. Thank You for Your devotion to The Lord.

13. Joseph Mathew

St. Januarius, Please pray for us, to lead dedicated lives, shunning evil and doing good.

14. christopher

St januarius pray for me and my family
    I ask for your help please guide me till take the right steps
    god bless you and thank you on your feast day
    Amen

15. Elvira Varriale

Does anyone know how rare it is to find a first class relic of San Gennaro (St. Januarius), with or without a document? Thank you for your assistance.

16. Irish Antonette Lozada Cabral

I love my saint.....I love St. Januarius.....pls guide me and help me all the time.....and pls help me to be more closer to god and to be a better daughter of ogd....

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Januarius, You are an icon of suffering and victory. That may be the reason why your blood liqifies at certain times a year while it is publically exposed. Please do pray for us.

18. JoAnn Barham

Thank you for this information! Had no idea he was the same as St. Gennaro. Beautiful details! St. Januarius, pray for us!

19. shelton

I really enjoy reading this every day.

20. Steve

Wonderful St.Januarius, please intercede for me for renewed mental health. That new life, new blood flow within my heart & soul & mind. Thank you.