St. Catherine of Alexandria Comments

St. Catherine of Alexandria, Virgin and Martyr whose feast day is November 25th. She is the patroness of philosophers and preachers. St. Catherine is believed to have been born in Alexandria of a noble family. Converted to Christianity through a vision, she denounced Maxentius for persecuting Christians. Fifty of her converts were then burned to death by Maxentius. Maxentius offered Catherine a royal marriage if she would deny the Faith. ... Continue Reading

1. Anna Pace Parascandalo

The village from where I come from that is Zurrieq in the island of Malta we have as our patron Saint St CAtherine. Here we have a great devotion for her. When I say great |I mean very great. If there is someone really devoted to her I urge you to come and visit Malta for a holiday during the first week in September andf come to our village and see for yourself the love and devotion expressed during the whole week but especially in the first sunday of this Month where the whole village is ablaze with decorations the skies light up with fireworks and our church is very heavily adorned with all of the finest church decorations one can imagine. We have christal chandeliers from Bohemia, silver artefacts, paintings and a lot of other street decorations. But above all come andf see the devotion we bewstow of our Patron saint St CAtherinne of Alexandria. Who says she does not exist. Of course she did and we have a lot of miracles and visions attributed to her.

2. janna rowe

This is a great insight into the life of a truly courageous woman and Saint! Thank you for helping me discover more about her life and for your words of faith and encouragement!

3. hahaahhaahhshoj

this is my saint!i think she has an amaazaaazing story !

im soo happy i picked her and i like the abeerqa

4. Pepper

Congrats St. Catherine you just became my confirmation saint!!!

5. Mariam

I am using this info for a project and it is really helping thank you very much. I think she had a preaty hard life and I find it cool that the knives brok so she was not tourcherd as bad as I thought before I knew the knives broke of. She id a good role model and I heard she was very brave. People say her soul went sraight to heaven and I can believe that very easily. But sometimes I think it is hard to be brave. Thank you

6. Mariam

7. Penny

I really admire this saint :) she is such an inspiration to us all!

8. Emma

My grand-daughter was just born on her feast day today! I will certainly include "Catherine" as her second name and it can be used as her baptism & confirmation name. I note that today is also feast of St. Catherine Laboure.

9. Jennay

Thanks for helping me with my confirmation name =) VERYYYY helpful ;)

10. tori

is st catherine real? someone told me that she wasnt and i am considering using her for my confirmation name

11. Sam

i am using her as my confermation patron saint

12. Helen Lopez

she is my ever paton since birth and my guide and the best patron.saint.

13. laura

she was my confirmation name

14. Iris

she rlly is a good role model though... i think she would make a great confimation name!!! thx = P :)

15. courtney

Ii reasearched st catherine for a project and found this rly helpful i reckommend it.... it was the best info i found, but how would the wheel break? was she just heavy or did it break when she entered the room

16. Ben

Nice summary of St. Catherine's life, but I think you missed one rather important point: St. Catherine of Alexandria did not exist. The Vatican even removed her feast day from the calender in 1969 due to "insufficient evidence of historicity." Her day had been reinstated in 2002 as an optional day of memorial but only because her "usefulness as a symbol."
    I don't want to be praying to saints that never existed!

17. Jackie

Im stuck between her and saint audrey...

18. Roger Harmon

I was told that a Latin Vita (biography) of St. Catherine says that she died "organis tonantibus" (while the organ thundered). Can anyone confirm this or tell me the exact source of "organis tonantibus"?

19. Sharon

I chose her years ago for my confirmation name, or Our Lord inside me chose her, as I did not read the other saints' lives in the book. I am astounded really.

20. Karen

I'm so using her for my confirmation name!!!! :)