St. Catherine of Alexandria Comments

St. Catherine of Alexandria, Virgin and Martyr whose feast day is November 25th. She is the patroness of philosophers and preachers. St. Catherine is believed to have been born in Alexandria of a noble family. Converted to Christianity through a vision, she denounced Maxentius for persecuting Christians. Fifty of her converts were then burned to death by Maxentius. Maxentius offered Catherine a royal marriage if she would deny the Faith. ... Continue Reading

1. #that catholic girl
    7 months ago

I love this saint so much. She is such an amazing role model for all of us today and i hope we can grow to be like her and visit her in heaven some day. I chose her to be my confirmation saint, and i am very proud of my decision.
    God Bless!

2. Joseph Mathew
    10 months ago

St. Catherine of Alexandria, please continue to pray for me.

3. Jax
    10 months ago

Happy Feast Day!

4. mhiel
    10 months ago

please be our guardian angel St. Catherine...guard and guide my family always and please help me to pray to Jesus to heal me and my friend bron kelly...heal our mind body and soul in Jesus name...Amen.

5. Michelle
    10 months ago

Please pray or me and those I love. Help me to be strong and to live for God and to receive his favor and courage and happiness in this life as well as eternity.

6. isabellla
    11 months ago

dear st.Catherine of Alexandria,
    please help guide me on my quizzes and tests this year, They are my biggest concern right now,well getting into my preferred high school. I know you have truly been guiding me the past quarter because i got a/b honor roll. Please help and guide me throughout my academics and all the things i'm learning this year. Help me get accepted into all the high schools i apply to and guide me to the right one for me!

please and thank you,
    Isabella

7. fred

im forced to do her for an assignment and ill be tortured if i dont

8. catherine

she is such a nice person i think they should put saint catherine of alexandria first

9. Sam Orio

I have read the entire article and, beautifully said. I found st Catherine appox .12 years ago. I stopped at a traffic light on the streets in Brooklyn n. y. and looked up and saw St catherine name on the side of a grammer school building and a church across from the school. I went back a week later and went into that church ,St. Catherine. and found an alcove with st .Catherine stature there dressed in 3rd centure clothes holding a book with long un bundled hair. Since then I have kept her in my prayers and enjoy her company as a beloved saint of God. Thank you St . Catherine for being so brave and saving so many souls. keep up the good work. I shall never forget you and your works.

10. Gevanantham

Her life is an inspiration to me. She held on to the truth that gives life. She dedicated her earthly life to Christ only. Through her thousands received Christ. I should be doing that bringing Christ to my neighbors. I seek her intercession for wisdom and strength. Blessed feast day.

11. Connee

66 yrs ago I researched saints to chose as my patroness for my Confirmation. I was taken by the life of St. Catherine of Alexandria and chose that name. I have 2 daughters who were baptized with that as their middle name. I have prayed to this saint all these years in times of joy and in times of sorrow . I have a medal of her that I carry all the time. I have asked this der saint for favors needed and most have happened. A friend of mine who had terrible labors when givnebirth and I told her to pray to this saint. She did. Her labor was 22 mins. when for 3 other chilldren it was many many hours and days. That baby girl was named Constance (after me) and Alexandira (after the saint). Those of you who have chosen her as your patron saint, you have done well. She will never let you down.
    May she watch over our beloved country the USA

12. Gunther

St.Catherine is amazing how a young woman was very courageous. St.Jehanne d'Arc (Jehanne is pronounced shun) also known of Joan of Arc is very lucky to be guided by her.

13. Brittany

I'm using this wonderful saint as my confirmation name, n she also has the same bday as me!(: yehhh, budddyyy!!!:) luv, this saint such an amazing women!

14. Barbara Lawley

My husband and I have recently returned from Sinai having visited St. Catherine's Monastery and Mount Sinai. To be able to stand and walk in the footsteps of Saints who carved our Christian believes and history is overwhelming to say the least. We listened with intent and hung onto every word which our tour guide uttered and naturally believing the stories which we were told however, when we returned to the UK I was mesmerized by what we had heard hence the reason for searching on your site to learn more and to confirm that I had understood the history. I have to say I have been left in total confusion as the 'story' related to us by our guide bears very little resemblance to the references which are given here. I will continue my research and thank you for revealing an accurate account by which I shall enjoy expanding on my knowledge of Saint Catherine. Many thanks

15. Chelsea

What a great women

16. tori

thanx that was very helpful counting i had to write an essay about her. I figured she would be intrestring to learn about and i was write. I havea feeling im going to get a 100 on this essay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]

17. Allan Stairs

I allow myself another subject since it is so great a reality brought about by God Himself !

a) I would have prefered that the Church be respected to the point that the essential of this reality which is saint Catherine not be touched nor brought into doubt -- like the so-callled 'historian's conviction that saint Catherine had never even existed ! ---and ---
    b) the fact that the Church accepts her being mentioned in the visions of saint Joan of Arc should be a great source of additional conviction to the point of allowing us to stick to the essential : that is, depending upon her and her merits so as to help us to become saints like she was --- with the grace of and for the Glory of God. Allan

18. Allan Stairs

A great joy to read what is positive in favor of the history of sainte Catherine.

I would like to suggest adding something about the visit to the monestary on Mount Sinaie by POPE JOHN PAUL II AT THE SOURCE OF THE PRESENT LITURGY. That reinsertion gave me a great joy.

19. christie

Dear St. Catherine of Alexandria, I was happy to read about your immense courage in converting the wife of the persecutor. Can anything be better, more daring, more challenging? I love you for that. Lovely saint of preachers and philosophers, I'd like to take away the comment at the end of the extract, " When we live a life of truth and justice, we can expect the forces of evil to oppose. Our perseverance in good, however will be everlasting". Help me find a satisfactory response in answer to my request for transparency and honesty, in the receipt and disbursal of charity funds.
    St. Catherine pray for the people of your great city, Alexandria who are going through rough times in search of political change. Be their guardian and protect innocent, civilian lives. Amen

20. christie

St. Catherine of Alexandria, virgin and martyr, whose life, example and teaching converted many to Christianity. Pray for all women who aspire to be holy and devoted to Christ. Help us to be virtuous, prayerful and of service to all in need. I am happy to read about the homage paid to you on the island of Malta, And though we are far away from Sinai or Malta, we depend on your powerful intercession for all our needs.Pray especially for Catholic women in a mixed marriage. From my experience it is much more common ground in a marriage of Catholic partners. Give the grace of true conversion, dear St. Catherine. Has the Catherine wheel that we see at carnivals been named after this saint, I wonder?