St. Cecilia Comments

In the fourth century appeared a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian, written, like those of Chrysanthus and Daria, Julian and Basilissa, in glorification of the virginal life, and with the purpose of taking the place of the sensual romances of Daphnis and Chloe, Chereas and Callirhoe, etc., which were then popular. There may have been a foundation of fact on which the story was built up; but the Roman Calendar of the ... Continue Reading

1. Gina

Helping my daughter with a school report on Saints and this article was very hard to read. Could not understand the first parapraph. How about a writing style for the first few paragraphs explaining the major points of the saints.

Wanted information on St. Cecilia , Who - What when where??

2. nicki

get this. i have to do a report on St.Cecilia and on the 29 and i get to dress up as her.im only9

3. Kayley

I choose this saint for my confirmation!!!!!

4. Katherine

I loved this! This is going to be my conformation name because I'm a musician, and this article was inspiring!!!

5. Ma. Cecilia

I been so blessed because CECILIA is my name...I also love music i finished my course Music Education....i love to sing to the Lord like CHorale singing...

6. Ana

Such an awesome site. Now I understand more about the Saint I have chosen for my confirmation :D

7. damah

am very happy to know her history.she is owesme and i love her.

8. Paul

st.cecilia pray for my unborn.

9. cheska

i love saint cecilia, isnt she great? Im a choir and our choir's name is the 'st. cecilias choir'.I live in the piliphines far away from her home land but that's ok i know that cecilia is guiding the peaple that love her i wish i can see her right now JOKE

10. Yeji

Confirmation name : Cecilia~!!!

11. Megan

Cecilia was my confirmation name and will be the name of my daughter who will be born this December.

12. James Chamberlain - Servant

Catholic online is A W S O M E ! ! !

13. Stephie!!

this is gonna be my confirmation name and i Love her

14. cameron

i love all saints they are very hot

15. Ryan Almodiel

I have chosen the names Constantine and Cecil (not Cecilia, because I'm a guy) as my confirmation names. St Cecilia pray for us!!

16. Cesilia

My name is Cesilia (spelled diff.) and I chose St. Cecilia for my confirmation....I had no idea there was a Saint named Cecilia and this site helped me with info. about her.

17. nicole

she's amazing! i originally chose her as my confirmation saint only because music is my hobby, but after reading more i discovered she was inspiring in many more ways!!! :)

18. Alena

im making my confirmation name Cecilia.

19. conerlycourtney

I chose her as my confirmation saint.

20. Brittany

i love her, shes the best. like i love her. forever