St. Cecilia Comments

In the fourth century appeared a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian, written, like those of Chrysanthus and Daria, Julian and Basilissa, in glorification of the virginal life, and with the purpose of taking the place of the sensual romances of Daphnis and Chloe, Chereas and Callirhoe, etc., which were then popular. There may have been a foundation of fact on which the story was built up; but the Roman Calendar of the ... Continue Reading

1. Aileen

I am so grateful for this article I am soooo likke Saint Cecilia. I have ab amazing voice and I play the flute and piano!

2. Catherine

This is great help! i love it. my real saint is Maria Goretti, who is also an amazing saint, but i connect to St. Cecilia so much more. Thank you for your post! it really helped me on my report.

3. Josaphat

i am so happy. am a choirmaster and i wanted a name to call my choir made up of young girls. thanks catholic online

4. Ronald J. Winker

My wife's name is Daria (see above article). We have 5 children, 3 sons and 2 daughters. Our eldest daughter is Anastazia Marie and when our youngest child was a girl, I told my wife to chose one of the names from the Roman Cannon of which Anastazia's (feast day December 25th) name came and Daria gave our baby the name Cecilia Rose. Our daughter has a great devotion to her saint's name and seeks her intercession daily. I feel that St Cecilia is a powerful saint. At mass it is always wonderful to hear their names in the Eucharistic Prayer I. One of my proudest moments in my life was to hear my son's voice, Nicklaus Ewald read this section of the prayer of thanksgiving for the first time at side of the archbishop of St Louis at his ordination mass to priesthood. I know he could not but think of his own siblings and pray for them whenever he celebrates mass. St Cecilla pray for us, help us build up strong Catholic families, encourage great vocations and help save many souls.

5. audrey ansibin

today (nov 22) is the feast day of St Cecilia, who is also the patron saint of musicians. our music ministry will celebrate her feast day at the daily mass later. please pray for us St Cecilia, that we may be able to sing in the right spirit, and for the glory of God, through hymns that we sing. and thus help lead the congregation in prayer at the Eucharistic celebrations.

please pray also that we may be able to sing in one voice with the angels and saints in heaven. Amen.

6. m4th

Cecilia is going to be my confimation name beacuse she is the patron saint of musicians. this article helped me find out soooo much about her.
    CATHOLIC ONLINE ROCKS!!!!

7. Elizabeth

This is a great saint! this will most likely be my conformation name im stuck between this ans saint joan of arc... any ideas

8. Hannah

This information was very helpful!!! I used some of the information for my saint report for my conformation coming up. (don't worry!!! I PROMISE I CITED!!!) thank you to whoever put this article together!! I appericiate it! God bless!! :)

9. <3 <3

I really love this saint and I hope I am able to have her as my conformation name! Thank you catholic site! <3 :)

10. Sydney

This is like so cool because my class is doing a project on saints' and i got St. Cecilia my favorite saint in the world................... well right next to Jesus!!!

11. zykeria

your great i <3 u

12. Catholickid

Any of you who don't like this site need to dig down deeper. I have looked at many sites and still find this one the best on my beloved saint. This site puts it all in simpler terms while still explaining her story fully. St. Cecilia is a wonderful amaxing person and by attacting this site you are attaking God. God bless all. -M

13. Libby

I'm also choosing her for my confirmational name as many other girls are because i love to sing and i just enjoy listenin to music :)

14. alexandra

i loved this article and got an "A" on my report.

15. samantha

i am picking cecilla for my saint name and i am do this paper about her and this site just made it all the more easyer.

16. Marissa :)

I love this saint because she is the patron saint of music. I play trumpet so yeah. I have to do a project but there wasn't anything saying where she died, if she had siblings, where she was born, when she was born, etc. Maybe nobody knows those things. Well this website rocks!! Keep up the good work!

17. Haley

this website did not help me very much. I love music!!!

18. jimmi

i love this st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Rebeckah

I have just begun classes at the local catholic church in my area to learn more and to be converted. In my first session someone gave me a book of Saints to look at as that was the topic of discussion. I dont know why but some reason in all of the books I was flipping through it was a page of her that I kept landing on . I feel in my heart that this for a reason.

20. noble5 Jorge

how can cameron say that all saints are hot NO THEY ARE NOT! THEY ARE HOLY PEOPLE WHO DIED FOR CHRIST saints are beautiful people honorable to their religion and to humanity i love saint cecelia i love saint god blessyou amen