St. Cecilia Comments

In the fourth century appeared a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian, written, like those of Chrysanthus and Daria, Julian and Basilissa, in glorification of the virginal life, and with the purpose of taking the place of the sensual romances of Daphnis and Chloe, Chereas and Callirhoe, etc., which were then popular. There may have been a foundation of fact on which the story was built up; but the Roman Calendar of the ... Continue Reading

1. Cecilia Penagos Cole

My name is Cecilia, i am proud for the gifts given to me from our Lord, i love music and i can play the piano. I pray to the Lord for the souls of those who murder her, she certaintly, didn't deserve to be hurt ever. The Lord is magnanimus and she sees and supervise everyones deeds, when Jesus come back again those whom hurt any Cecilia in the world will have to explain it to Jesus son of God. I think is a beautiful name that imply also justice, being blind allows to recieve other gifts that can bring God and human justice. Happy Birthday to every Cecilia in the world, buy yourself roses and lilies and sing, sing music to please, the Lord.

Cecilia P. Cole, M.A.

2. Angela

I am choosing Cecilia for my confirmation name and I have to do a project on it and I need to know if she had any siblings or went to school or not. Please help me by getting this information.

3. quinten rhea

thank you ! I have a poem i wrote about her if anyone cares...

4. Caitlin

I love St. Cecilia she is very inspiring and i will be picking her for my confirmation saint. :)

5. skeffington kasitom mukanyeka

being a singer, its not just singing but singing to convert others into true worshipers
    encouraging enough, in fact more than enough.

6. Summer

I'm choosing St. Cecilia for my confirmation saint.

7. Cecilia

I love Saint Cecilia. One reason is because my name is Cecilia and once you realize how much she has done and how much she went through to be with God, it's heartfelt and it's toughing. As it is with other martyrs and saints to.

8. brianna

i love this saint she is the saint im picking for my confirmation name

9. gabby

i love St. cecilia! she rules! this really helped on my saint card each week for religion class! my thanx to the creators of this website!!!! :)

10. Tyler and Katelyn

Really helped during when my sister had to do a report about a saint. Her and another kid wanted her, but she got her. Had a lot of facts. Thanks for the help!!!
    Tyler

11. cecilia

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing my saint report on this great saint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

12. belle

i love saint Cecilia! I love jesus but don't listen to jason.

13. ciara

i love this. she is my saint for confirmation :)

14. Jessmone

awesome!! so inspiring :P rock on

15. Jason

Trust only Jesus
    Pray only to Jesus
    Live only for Jesus
    Seek blessings from only Jesus
    Your protection comes from only Jesus
    Salvation comes from only Jesus
    Cecilia cannot save you
    Cecilia cannot hear you
    Cecilia has no power
    Cecilia has no authority
    Place your faith and trust only in the Lord Jesus Christ

16. sabrina

i love 2 sing so iam going 2 use cecilia's name 4 my confirmation and her name is soo nice

17. beebee:)

can u give me a brief biography on cecilea cause i am doing confirmation!

18. beebee

i am being confirmed can u give me a brief biography???

19. Valerie

Saint Cecilia is so amazing I am so glad I picked her as my patron saint for confirmation:)

20. Trisha

I chose St. Cecilia for my confirmation name! I am a singer and she inspires me. Thank you for this information. I am now a cantor in my parish three years after my confirmation.