St. Thomas More Comments

St. Thomas More, Martyr (Patron of Lawyers) St. Thomas More was born at London in 1478. After a thorough grounding in religion and the classics, he entered Oxford to study law. Upon leaving the university he embarked on a legal career which took him to Parliament. In 1505, he married his beloved Jane Colt who bore him four children, andwhen she died at a young age, he married a widow, Alice Middleton, to be a mother for his young children. A ... Continue Reading

1. Daniel

Getting baptised at 41, just graduated from law school, St. Thomas is my confirmation Saint...cool.

2. maddy

cool beans

3. Jazmine Velazquez

Hi(: St. Thomas More has good information!

4. Cam

it was good but it did not tell me the day when he died it only told me the year:)

5. Joseph

Very good article,although brief. Also, I like to know who was the last layman to become a saint --cannonised by the Catholic church. Any one knows??? Will appreciate the info. Thank you.

Joseph

6. Martin Wood

Anyone interested in more information on St. Thomas More should read one of the many lives that have been written on him.
    Others who are interesated in what became of his descendants might be interested in my book "The Family and Descendants of St. Thomas More" which was published by the Catholic Publisher 'Gracewing in April 2008. It is availabe directly from Gracewing and it is also available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. Anyone looking it up should be aware that the picture on the front of the book is that of Cresacre More, Saint Thomas More's great grandson.

7. Gail

I did not know that St. Thomas More was a patron saint to lawyers until now even though I was invited to St. Thomas More to mass in Norman, Oklahoma by a lawyer and I did go with him there (he was dressed in a tuxedo)! This was my first memory of attending Catholic mass even though my piano teacher taught in that church! I was raised in The Baptist Faith. Thank you for keeping The Saints online for us to learn more about them and the angels!

8. joe

hi everyone this didn't help at all!

9. dick

hi this helped me with my essay
    or not

10. Stephan

This is not too long and not short at all. Just long enough to tell about St. Thomas More's life. Good job!

11. F. Okoli

The living are proud of u among the saints, Thomas.

12. samuel

I LOVE ST.THOMAS MORE

13. denzille

i go to st. Thomes more school and Paris

14. Allison

St Thomas More is what my school is named after. He is very cool.

15. from the hood

this is the most coolest, asomest, and tight dog wedsite
    xoxoxoxoxoxox i love all of u

16. millie

I loved it

17. lisa

good but needed more detail and more info such as a publisher and author for bibliography use only

18. jake

very good

19. izzy

you should have a bigger picture so people can print