St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. Anna

The Patron Saint for my Small Christian Community (SCC) is St. Martin de Porres and we are very proud of our Saint. The commitment of the members to the Parish and to each other is owesome. He inspires us in his perservirence in service to the Lord. St. Martin continue to intercede for us.

2. Mateo

St Martin de Porres has been in my family for many years. I barely got to know about him and his life like a year ago. I started to pray to Martin for his powerful intercession to god. I also found a statue at a store,which i thought it was a miracle because all the times i had been there i never saw it, so i bought it. I know that wherever i go St Martin wil alway be there in my times of need to guide me and get me closer to god. I really love St Martin de Porres!
    St Martin de Porres. Pray for Us!

3. Joan

I continue to pray to St Martin for my husband who is fighting brain cancer.We recently took a trip to Ireland and the guest house we were staying in had a statue of St Martin. I was surprised to to see it there and truely feel he is always with us. I pray for his intercession and if it is the will of God I pray my husband to be healed.
    Thank you St Martin dePorres who saved my brother from dying this past year He is a very powerful saint,

4. Steve Davis

My brother Jim told just me a story about how my brother Mike, he was cured by placing a relic of then Blessed Thomas de Porres, on his nose bleeding that could not be stopped by the Drs, Mike was a baby at the time and would die if it did not stop. It went away and the condition never came back Mike is now 70 yrs old

5. olivia joy armat

i was touched at the life of st.matin the porres. beause it is my patron saint . st.martin the porres,pray for us.

6. Anne

I have been blessed to pray at the tomb of St. Martin de Porres and to have walked the halls of the monestary in Lima. He is a most holy example of the true humility that God loves so much. I pray that he interceed for ProEcclesiaSancta of Peru and for all they do. Thank you St.Martin.

7. Sheela

My sister recommended St. Martin and since then I have prayed to him. There was a wonderful miracle happened in my life. My daughter was a Straight A student and one of the class dropped to B grade. I prayed to St. Martin and she got an A grade. St Martin, Thanks for your prayer.

8. carmen

San MartĆ­n de Porres as well as his dear friend Santa Rosa de Lima were such good persons that they are a vivid example of a life of sanctity. I pray that all of us who pray to them receive all kinds of blessings that help us to live in such a way that we may reach sanctity, too.

9. Martina Dowling

Happy Feast Day St Martin De Porres. You are the only light in my life at present. i thank you for being there to pray for me as i know in my heart that you really listen to me. please continue to pray from my present difficulties which are really weighing me down and causing so much stress to my life. thank you for the gift from heaven recently. i thank my Mum for praying to you and naiming me after you. what an honour.

10. Patsy

I was given a statue of St. Martin to give to my son on his birthday which is 3rd November. My son is going off to Africa to work on a project with his friend. St. Martin keep them both in your prayers and look after them always, guiding them along the path of good and bring them home again safely to their loving families.

11. Fabian

I came to know of him for 10 years ,and he has been a great help .

12. Suzanne Bettinger

I have just recommended my daughter-in law to pray to St. Martin to help her rid of the mice in her new home.
    I thought of him because I remembered once reading about St. Martin speaking to the mice in his kitchen and gentl y telling them that they had to leave now. (after he had been very kind to them). Alll the mice left the house in procession.

St. Martin pray for my daughter-in-law and pray that the mice leave the home.
    Dear St.Martin, on the feast of all Saints day, hear our prayer.

13. Suzanne Bettinger

St. Martin pray for my daughter-in-law and pray that the mice leave the home.
    Dear St.Martin, on the feast of all Saints day, hear our prayer.

14. CONCETTA BARNISH

I am so glad i found this sight i enjoy reading about saints,
    St. martin de porres has become part of our house hold,
    my daughter is dating a young man who is from lima, Preu and this St.is a big part of his life. God has brought this young man into our Life for a reason and for us to come to know this saint too.

15. giorgio guialdo

I'm a 10 year old boy attending the San Fernando Boys Roman Catholic School in Trinidad. I got a project to do about St Martin de Porres and the information on your site was everything required. I was really touched when I read that he loved animals and so do I and that I was chosen to do research on him.

16. Kenzzile

This is really helpful for my homework! hes such a great person! :)

17. Claire Villacanas

i really love st. martin de porres....... he is awesome.......

18. Vanessa

I love st. martin , pray for me and help be have a clean mind and heart, i do not ever want to be separated from God love, I love Jesus and praise him for dying on the cross for my sins, I thank God for his mother whom is my mother too, I thank God for st. martin and because his life is a testatmetn to the impossible.

Good Bless

19. Sara Hernandez

I have prayed too St. Jude for a long time I made many promises to him but wouldn't be committed. Its been a while since I've asked for something but now that I'm asking for a miracle I feel he won't listen to me because, I haven't been committed. I've lost hope and faith and even though I pray and pray I can't get any signs. St. Martin de Porres I saw your statue at church this past Friday and I just glanced at you but now I ask of your help. Please give me a sign its been 2 years with him and he's not giving me any commitment. If he is for me bring him back but please help me change his ways please let him see that the drinking, partying, and his friends aren't a life. I have forgiven his infidelity, drug use, and his past. I am not the blame for his past and I've showed him I really do love him and his son. I beg of you please give me a sign someway or another just let me feel some sort of direction. I ask you St. Martin de Porres and God for my forgiveness for all my sins I've confessed many times to God but I repeatedly feel guilty everyday and I can't forgive myself. I don't know if this is Karma but I want to be happy and want him to realize that I have nothing but loyal love towards to him. Pray for me and PLEASE help me! If this miracle is successful I will gladly give a testimony of this because I think this world has forgotten the existence of miracles and testimonies. God Bless!

20. Francklin Mercier

Je salue au nom du seigneur les responsable du diocese de saint Martin, Je suis Francklin Mercier, un jeune haitien. Je sens l'appel de Dieu pour devenir diacre permanent,je cherche un diocese qui peut m'aider concretiser cette vocation. Pouvez-vous m'aider a entrer dans votre diocese pour le diaconat . Mon eveque peut me donne sa lettre. Merci.