St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. sarah

Dear Saint Martin, I am asking you to help me in my life please

2. Roger

San Martin de Porres, by your parents you show us the love many of the Spanish had forthe native woen in the America's, showing how many made love and relationship priority in their lives in their reltionships and friendships.

3. Bernadette Ann

I was raised in a Catholic home. When I was a young girl, Saint Martin de Porres and Saint Jude were both my favorite saints. I remember things happened when I prayed to them. I became a christian (non-denomentional) and in past years, I pushed them aside to learn the bible not realizing one day they would both come back into my life. I don't know what I was thinking, but recently I realized and took notice - to "Saint Jude" being in the bible. (I support "Saint Jude Children Cancer Research" because of all he does for me; spiritually, emotionally, financially and physically.) I am now a sixty-five year old woman who knows the importance of trusting God and realize it is okay to petition the saints (and angels) who can and will take our prayers up to God. I am presently rekindling my relationship with
    Saint Martin de Porres as well. He is a healer, hairdresser and a friend to all
    God's living creatures. I prayed and petitioned him to come and be my hairdresser.
    I thank God and Saint Jude for always being there for me and answering my prayers in such an expedious manner and I thank Saint Martin de Porres for coming back into my life and being my hairdresser.

4. james kane

my daughter bridget was told she had terminal cancer in march last year we where davasted my wife who does homehelp one of her clients give her a small red cross made of cloth to bless my daughter with the same red cross you used to get every so often with the saint martin booklet I had not heard or seen these crosses in over 40 years since my aunt agnes had one in 1967 can anybody tell me were i can get them thank you gold bless

5. Bud

I have a picture and tiny relic of Blessed (now Saint) Martin de Porres,O.P., that I have carried in my billfold for more than fifty (50) years, I can't remember where I got it but HE has never failed me! Sometimes I even forget HIS name momentarily when I say a prayer to him, but he still hears me, I guarantee it. About 25 years ago I laminated the "double postage stamp" size picture/relic that was taken from a cloth on his casket. I LOVE this simple Saint, I have learned to appreciate HIM more as the years roll bye.. Thank You Jesus for putting HIM in my life to walk beside YOU and me!!

6. Thuan Nguyen

Dear Saint Martin:

Thank you for loving me from the day I was born! You know that I'm a sinner always spear straight toward sin and yet you still intercede on my behalf in front of our Merciful God. I'm forever grateful for the bread, honey, banana and guanabana that kept me alive when my three infant brothers are in heaven. St. Martin I want to be an instrument of charity. If you get this message, please teach me to have a charitable heart that would not hesitate to help those less fortunate brothers and sisters, and always be faithful to God during good time and difficult time. Please also remind me to Thank God every single day of my life.

I LOVE YOU,
    T.C.N

7. Lucy

St. Martin, I am asking for a miracle, though who am I to ask for miracles? I pray that you will ask Jesus to heal Bob of his cancer and that through that healing he and his family will come to know the power of Jesus. I have no business asking for miracles, but you know the suffering of his brother David. Please take the gift of David's suffering to Jesus and ask for this healing. I offer in return my commitment to treat those who have hurt me with pure forgiveness, with compassion and understanding, and with a heart that always excuses the flaws of others.

8. kelly mallon

Dear St Martin, I first heard abou you when my frined told me about you, she named her baby Alexa Martine and i was wondering who Martine was after, she advised me it was after you as after 15 years of trying for a second baby and 5 miscarriages she prayed to you all the time for her healthy baby.
    I had a miscarriage last year and am now pregnant again, I thought there was a special prayer for you and while looking for it i found this site, I wanted to pray to you that my baby is born safe and healthy, and i hit my car today and the cramps ive been having are reoccurring, but hopefully these are just the normal pregnancy cramps, please Saint Martin, help my baby be born safe and healthy in August 2011, Please St Martin, hear my prayer

9. Ann Woods

Dear St. Martin de Porres, having heard on TV about the wonderful miracle you performed on Clarissa Dickson Wright (2 Fat Ladies ) I pray to you for strength and wisdom in helping my son deal with depression and a total lack of confidence due to terrible acne scarring on his face. I also pray to you for help for all those thousands of others who are also suffering from the same fate, may they find the right treatment to help them lead a normal life.

10. trav

almost done assignment...

11. benjie

one night last week i woke up from my dream about st.martin de porres that appeared in my dream and i dont know who he was,it came into my mind that ive seen a church that named after him so i went this morning to attend the mass there,so on my way home in the bus i meet a friend that whom ive not seen for many years and she is a very religious woman so i asked her about this patron saint and she told me that st martin is her son patron and she handed me the picture with a prayer in the back and thats the time that i found out and also she told me how he became a saint....thank you God for sending st.martin into my life...and my friend for making her the instrument ....

12. McCrea

My friend Michele is being mentally strangled by having to devote her life to her
    88 year old mother who she seems to loath. Please Saint Martin intercede to give both mother & daughter a solution & bring your wisdom to Michele who hates her poor mother but loves and helps all animals. Patrick

13. Rey kaaz

If every thing is truth about martin, GOOD FO HIM, now is our time to be

holly.

shalom

14. Akuba

I chose the name "Martin" during my confirmation class after been told a brief life history of St. Martin by my catechism instructor. I admire His charitable life and wish to be like Him. I've been asking Him to pray for me since then and believe me, he's been one Saint always watching my back and gives me more appetite for charity.

15. karina

he is awesome and a cool guy

16. bobby mcdermitt

My aunt had a fast growing cancerous tumer and a mass was held to saint Martin
    she woke up the next morning to a message on her answer phone machine,it was from her doctor.

He told her the tumour no longer appeared on the biopsy result and asked her to come in for another scan...it had completely dissapeared

This happened 2 days ago on wed 10th nov 2010 and all her pain has gone too
    i want to thank saint Martin and would like to ask him to pray for my own ilness
    which is called me/cfs and to help me with it and please hear my prayer.

17. Michele

a parish school's bulletin board posted things about him to honor him, but they put that he was born in Hungary? hmmm. I wonder where they got their info.

18. Suzi

Saint Martin,

Do you remember me? I have known and loved you since I turned ten years old. It seems I will always remember you.

19. Anthony SAVARESE

im sorry i forgot to mention Padrea Pio, please add THANK YOU, Anthony

20. Anthony Svarese

I would like to thank Rev.Philip Ruggiero, for giving me this site so i can find all of these beautifull Saints, especialy Saint Anthony, Saint Martin,Saint Francese, I PRAY for theses next 9 days for all of you. I love and honour all of you.