St. Martin de Porres Comments

St. Martin de Porres was born at Lima, Peru, in 1579. His father was a Spanish gentleman and his mother a coloured freed-woman from Panama. At fifteen, he became a lay brother at the Dominican Friary at Lima and spent his whole life there-as a barber, farm laborer, almoner, and infirmarian among other things. Martin had a great desire to go off to some foreign mission and thus earn the palm of martyrdom. However, since this was not possible, ... Continue Reading

1. Luci

Dear St. Martin:

Please help an injured wild turkey recover from her limp. The winter season is fast approaching, and she needs your prayers.

Thank you and God Bless you.

2. Mel

I recently. was acquainted with the biography of this saint. please st. martin I ask you to bless and guide my son especially as he is in desperate need of his dad in his life (am a single parent) and am asking you to help us resolve our financial difficulties. i need to ask your intercession in restoring my relationship with my son as it has become quite strained and would hope that you could help us get back on our feet again. I am in dire need of some money. Please, St. Martin, I also ask you to please, please, bless and heal my son's grandad who has had brain tumor. I trust you and know you will do so. thank you and please pray for me and my family St. Martin.

3. Joseph Mathew

dear St. Martin de Pores, I had learned about you from my grand mother ever since my childhood! Please do pray for me!

4. Ricardo Lewis

St. Martin Please help me that I may pay all my debts & bless my business amen.

5. Christopher Martin Evaro

Greetings in Christ.
    My name is Christopher Martin. Yes you can guess that my middle name was after St. Martin De Porres. I was a change of life baby and when my mother became pregnant with me they did not know that she was pregnant at the time. They thought I was a tumor growing.so my mom prayed to St. Martin de Porres that she be healed and they found out that they were pregnant with me they offered my name to him in Thanksgiving. So I was Blessed to be named after to awesome saints St. Christopher the Christ Bearer and St. Martin de Porres.
    For God is good and I am alive.
    Love in Christ,
    Chris

6. Steve

St Martin - pray for me, intercede for my heart & petitions to our Lord. Show me the Light & the Way.

7. cresensius

My late mom Veronica used to talk about St Martin.de. Porress a lot and she loved him so much im finally happy to learn about this miraculous Saint... I pray that he prays for me and my family so that we may be able to solve problems which are haunting us after my mothers death. Our paternity is being despised a and denied and her name being dragged down by her inlaws with shame. We are virtualy fatherless and homeless because even her marital status is being denied and questioned due to the fact that our father is also dead.May the Blessed Saint intercede for her so that she may win all these battles posthumously. St. martin de Porres please pray for the Dlamini family of LA MAphumulo . we are suffering here and we are despised and degraded we have no relatives since our mother died. All her properrty is withheld and her children chased away from her marital home. It is a painful situation we have no one to help or stand on our side. Pray for us my mother used to believe in yo miracles. I was still young then.. but i do remember her saying that each time she talks to you,,, you would answer her prayers!!!Sacred Heart of Jeseus Pray for us!!!

8. Eustace Singine

I have read some thing about St Martin, i must say am so amused to such a gifted person, To him being a saint i ask for prayers through the Lord JESUS that he interceded for us in the journey to being best version faithfuls of the CHRIST, Also we ask for your prayers for the whole family to be GOD fearing in all daily lives, We ask also for protection from every evil intentions to our family, if there is any curse within we ask you to prayer for us the that chain is broken for good so that we follow the good words of our Lord Jesus Christ,. I realise that you are a very special person through with divine power in you, please pray for us. I personally cherish your works whilst here on earth and you are one of the chosen one, Please pray for US. We ask this our Lord Jesus Christ.

9. christie

St. Martin de Porres, I'm so excited and edified to read about the miracle stories, that I find on this page, What a privilege it is to know you, dear humble, charitable and powerful saint. There are so many things that I'd like to address to you. One very urgent request is for you to keep Mummy alive and well. She is on her last journey to meet her Maker. When her passing will be I cannot know, but do let me be by her side when that happens. I'll be travelling to see my children across the world in December. Please do not let her go away without me being by her side. She is taken care of by the angels, of that I am sure, as she led a most saintly, humble and industrious life of service to all her children and grandchildren. What a noble woman she is. Dear St. Martin de Porres, keep her company on her last earthly journey. Amen.

10. Lynn

Dear Saint Martin
    Please intercede for me and ask God to help my family in need.
    For my husband and i to find work and to heal our marriage.
    By sister Beth, who's husband of 33 years just left her for another women. Help her in body and spirit.
    My grandaughter Lexi, who has lost her faith and belief in God.
    My grandson Dylan, to find a job and to find direction and guidance in life.
    My daughter Shawn, who desperately wants to find a good husband to love and take care of her, and to heal her depression.
    Her friend Darcy of depression and obesitiy.
    To help Jason have a faith in you and love himself and others.
    For Jake to know you.
    Jesse to find himself and to be honest all and to love and follow you.
    FOr Jeff to get work and to be able to keep our equiptment.
    JOhn Koors and his addictions.
    Sarah's eye's to heal this time and for a safe trip to Korea.
    LIttle Steel to be raised in our faith.
    Tyler to be happy.
    Janet to take away her pain.
    Oh most gracious saint, look down upon me and my family.

11. eliabeth

st martin de pores intercede for me and my country where we have mixed races that we may
    live in love and unity for the glory of God the Father.

12. elizabeth korir

iam encouraged to do more penance

13. Xavier M. Anbarasu

I have read about many saints. But the best of my reading is the one I just read - St. Martin de Porres!

I don't think any disease will dare to stay in the body after anyone prays to St. Martin de Porres.

St. Martin de Porres - pray for us to live a life with full of charity.

14. Joseph santiago cmf

Mother loved her children and brought her children in utter poverty by her hard work.St.Martin De Porres cried and prayed loudly for the unity of their in the church with his sister. His father came home lived with his mother and lived a very exemplary Christian life. St.martin loved the poor and fed all the hungry and needy. He had a good heart..Pray for us

15. christie

St. Martin de Porres, you are my patron saint, for this is my birthday. I remember choosing a name for my first born son, who was born on 3rd May. I choose you. My son, Martin grew up as very fine young boy, with great faith,who'd sleep with the little statue of Jesus, Sacred Heart under his pillow. However,in his teenage years he was influenced by many attractions, such as heavy metal music, rock stars, drugs, disgust for authority and social rules. But the biggest blow was in disinterest in his studies. Hence, along the way he lost many good years when he indulged in all these pleasures. I found it very hard to see such a waste of intelligence and time.Though my son took a good 7 years before he began to see the uselessness of his choices, he has made good. Today he works hard, raises a family. Not so long ago, he went through a very rough patch in his marriage. I ask you dear saint to mend this relationship, give the couple true Christian love. Help them to raise their children as baptised Catholics. Thank you for healing his son, my grandson, who underwent open heart surgery at least 3 times in his young life. Dear Saint you are a wonderful healer of maladies. I ask you for a special favour. Heal my grandson, Christian of all the symptoms of fragile X. Banish all seizures for good. Grant him healing of mind and body. Give him the grace of fluent speech, Give him the gift of reasoning too. May he receive the Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist. Through your powerful intercession, on your feast day, this is possible.I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

16. malcolm

That was a wonderful message about St Martin. I shall ask his prayers for my life and all those I love,

17. christine

I am getting to know you St. Martin. On your feast day, I pray for your intercession that God may grant me peace in my heart and mind, to always seek for truth and justice in all my ways, to be compassionate and forgiving of others, to have the courage to do and say what is right and true and to always follow God's will in my life. Praying for good health for my family and myself. St. Martin de Porres, pray for us all.

18. rebecca

DEAR ST. MARTIN, YOU ARE THE HEALER OF MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIPS..MY FAMILY DESPERATELY NEED MIRACLES.....HEALING OF RESENTMENT, ANGER, AND JEALOUSY..BETWEEN EACH OTHER.....MY DAUGHTER LINDSEY NEEDS A HUGE MIRACLE ..THE NEW HUSBAND SHE HAS HAS ALOT OF ADDICTIVE ISSUES......SHE HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR AN ANSWER........PLEASE HELP HER.. HER NAME IS LINDSEY AND HIS IS DAMON.....THAT MY GRANDCHILDREN WOULD GROW UP EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY AFTER ALL THE CRAZINESS......

PLEASE HEAL MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE...HE IS SPANISH.....I FEEL SOME ONE JEALOUS TOLD HIM SOME THINGS ABOUT ME THAT WERE NOT TRUE AND HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND.......I REALLY LOVE HIM....I FEEL HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE..

ALSO IN JULY MY 2 CHIHUAHUAS GIZ 15 AND BUBBA 12 BECAME ILL..DR HAD TO PUT THEM TO SLEEP 2 DAYS APART.......ST. MARTIN, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THEM, ONE OF HARDEST THINGS I EVER HAD TO DO........I MISS THEM AND LOVED THEM VERY MUCH.....GRACIAS, REBECCA

19. Carlyle Peacock

My mother who is 91 yrs old is very keen to have a prayer folded leaflet of St Martin de Porres Her present copy is in tatters as she has had it for many years anbd uses it everyday Yours Sincerely Carl Peacock

20. Born in Lima, Peru

Dear Saint Martin: I, like you, was born in Lima, Peru. Saint Martin, Patron of the Poor and the Infirm: please bless and protect all the people on this forum who have such faith in you. Please grant their requests. Thank you for the miracles you have granted me.

In January of 2007 my adult son was diagnosed with a brain ailment that came out of nowhere. He just collapsed at work, that's how we found out he had an AVM. My husband and I accompanied him to his first visit with the neurosurgeon who would perform his very delicate brain surgery. My husban and I accompanied him and his wife on this occasion. We waited for four hours for the neurosurgeon to see us. All the while I had a holy card of Saint Martin de Porres in the pocket of my sweater. I prayed to him non-stop while the four of us sat there quietly and nervously. I showed the holy card to my husband and he smiled approvingly. During the four hours we waited I had made a mental picture of the neurosurgeon: he would be in his late 60s, short and stocky, caucasian, with blue eyes and white hair. We heard a knock on the door and four of us turned around to see a mixed race man in his late forties. He said: "Good Morning, I'm Dr. Thomas". My husband and I looked at each other and agreed that he was the spitting image of Saint Martin de Porres. My husband whispered: "Our son will be fine". The doctor proceeded to explain the seriousness of the brain lesion.....I felt scared for my son and kept praying to Saint Martin that the neurosurgeon would say ultimately that he would perform the operation. He did. At the end of the session, we all shook hands with the doctor who told us he would let us know the date for the surgery. Suddenly, I had a desire to give the neurosurgeon the holy card of Saint Martin I was holding. I was a little hesitant to do it because I thought my son and daughter-in-law would think it was inappropriate. But I went ahead and did it anyway. I said: "Doctor, have you ever heard of Saint Martin de Porres?" He said: "No". So I gave him the holy card and when he looked at it he smiled because he identified with Saint Martin, being that both were mulattoes. I proceeded to say: "Doctor, I'm from Lima, Peru, like Saint Martin. I would like you to keep this holy card. May Saint Martin guide your beautiful hands to operate on my son's brain and may be guide your hands every time you operate on others". The doctor took the holy card and placed in on his desk. The day for the operation arrived and we were all nervous because it would be a 16 1/2 hour operation on the left side of his brain (speech, etc.). We were later told by our son that after three hours of preliminary tests in the operating room, the neurosurgeon said to him: "Look, Saint Martin and I are going to do a good job on your brain". My son smiled broadly before being put to sleep for the long ordeal. The doctor had actually brought the holy card of Saint Martin I had given him into the operating room!! I am happy to report our son came out of the long ordeal just fine and was able to talk when he woke up. He was back at work in two weeks. Does anyone in this forum have any doubt that that was Saint Martin de Porres? Well, believe me....that WAS Saint Martin....I have no doubt about it. Thank you Saint Martin....you are so miraculous and I trust in you with all my heart! I should add that the next year I went to Lima, Peru and visited the Convent of Santo Domingo to thank Saint Martin for this miracle. I also chose to share it with about 15 people who were present and there wasn't a dry eye in Saint Martin de Porres chapel. If any of you have a chance to travel, go to Lima to thank Saint Martin personally for looking after you. You'll be glad you did!