St. Margaret of Scotland Comments

Margaret was an English princess. She and her mother sailed to Scotland to escape from the king who had conquered their land. King Malcolm of Scotland welcomed them and fell in love with the beautiful princess. Margaret and Malcolm were married before too long. As Queen, Margaret changed her husband and the country for the better. Malcolm was good, but he and his court were very rough. When he saw how wise his beloved wife was, he listened ... Continue Reading

1. Marky

St. Queen Margaret is also a distant great-grandmother of mine through her daughter Matilda.

2. Susie

St. Margaret is 28th great grandmother. I am honored to be apart of her lineage.

3. npeblanche

Saiint Margaret is also my 27th Great Grandmother, I am in Canada, I wonder how far across the world the branches of our tree stem to?

4. Student

St. Margaret is a wonderful role model and she is an immensly generous person. I am choosing her as my confirmation saint as well, because I want to follow in her foot steps. Also, she is my 29th or 27th great grandmother-and I am proud to be a grandchild of hers.

5. Eustace Singine

St margaret was one amongest many, she served her life with honest GOD s work, I ask for a prayer through our Lord Jesus to emulate her good works.

6. Silver Samantha Parnell

St. Margaret of Scotland is my 27th great grandmother. She has many living descendants because she had 8 children. I am actually descended from at least 2 of them, due to intermarriage among the nobility. One of my friends on Facebook is a cousin of mine, descended from her. I recently learned that she is the patron saint of large families - the perfect patron saint for a genealogist like myself. I find her VERY inspiring. She is the perfect example of a wealthy ruler caring for the poor before herself.

7. John L. Egan

Does anyone know if St. Margaret of Scotland Guild is still active in Buffalo, NY?

8. Ryosuke

St. Margaret is great because she considered her sorrow as her prification.

9. christie

St. Margaret of Scotland, a royal lady with the common touch, you are the model to women on how to be wife, mother and most of all God's holy servant. Bless all of us struggling women who have a difficult marriage. Years of prayers and good example from a good wife does not always pay. Why, I do not know. I don't have answers. Only Heaven knows if there will be conversion and true reconciliation. And so we pray dear St. Margaret to help all women who are in a difficult relationship. Amen.

10. al

St Margaret pray for me and my family.

11. audrey

@Maggie: She is the Patron Saint of Musicians. :)

12. Maggie

Im doing her for my saint at school but, what is she the patron saint of?!?!

13. lilly babkak

I picked her for my Saint at school!!!!!!

14. Jim Marien

I've been documenting my wife's family tree for about 6 months. She has many famous ancestors.

St Margaret (and her husband Malcolm) are her 29th great grandparents.

We have been to Scotland and England a number of times. Unfortunately, I had not done her family tree prior to those visitis. We will definitely have to visit her family sites on our next visit, especially St. Margaret's Chapel at Edinburgh Castle.

15. Katie

I am doing saint report on her then i have to dress up as her. I think it will be fun!!

16. tricia

im doin her 4 a project 4 confirmation!!:P

17. ariana

i love saint margaret im doin to do her for my confirmation name! ( :

18. Bernadette

o cool she has 6 sons and 2 daughters and my mom has 6 daughters and 2 sons :-)

19. charlesmary igwe

i am motivated by the life of this saint and pray that God will give me the grace to live a life like hers

20. richard lewis

thank you for emailing this inspiring story. i always wondered why margaret was such a popular name and now i know.