St. Joan of Arc Comments

St. Joan of Arc is the patroness of soldiers and of France. On January 6, 1412, Joan of Arc was born to pious parents of the French peasant class, at the obscure village of Domremy, near the province of Lorraine. At a very early age, she heard voices: those of St. Michael, St. Catherine and St. Margaret. At first the messages were personal and general. Then at last came the crowning order. In May, 1428, her voices "of St. Michael, St. ... Continue Reading

1. pappachen
    3 months ago

It was nice to see how God worked a miracle through a young saintly person like St. Joan of Arc......

2. Harrypotter
    4 months ago

I am doing my conformation report on Joan of Arc, and she was a very interesting person.

3. Carol
    5 months ago

I chose Joan as my confirmation saint. Some people have asked me why, but every time I think about the type of strength it takes to do all she did before dying at 19, I remember why. By the way, would anyone happen to know if she had a prayer? Thanks!

4. Sydney
    5 months ago

I think Joan of Arc is a wonderful role model for all young Catholics. She is brave and smart. Her story always makes me cry. I admire the fact that she is martyr and that she would give her life for her faith. God bless Joan of Arc

5. Olivia
    5 months ago

Hello!
    I am not Catholic, Christian actually(Specifically Protestant). But that doesn't stop me from being fascinated with Saints, not that we ignore Saints! As a Protestant we just don't focus much on them. Every since I was 7 years old my dad would read me the story of Joan of Arc and I remember getting mad at him because I knew that while he was reading he wouldn't include the deaths and Joan being burned. This always got me made because I KNEW that he was lying and I would have a fit about it until he told me. All I wanted was the whole truth. I spent most of my childhood reading books and watching movies of Joan of Arc. Even a decade later I still read stories about her, pray to her and will one day visit France to see everything for myself. Hahaha, even my best friend (She is a Catholic!) says that I'm like a mini version of her (not just with my short hair and the need to wear boys clothing, but she always said I had her courage and strength) It's a shame that Christians and Catholics don't just unite as one! I for one agree :)

God bless all you wonderful people

6. holy girl
    6 months ago

i felt her presence when times were rough. she is with me. she is a great role model.

7. Michael Varger
    6 months ago

My Dear Joan,

You and I go back a very long time and our friendship has always remained warm and highly rewarding. I don't know if I will ever be able to adequately thank you for everything you have done for me over the many years of our friendship. I am looking forward to the future which I will share with you day after day and year after year. If people ever realised how wonderful and kind you are they'll be eager to be your friends.

Joan, as I write this letter I'm wiping the tears from my eyes and my heart is deeply troubled, and my soul filled with fear. Dad is in the intensive care unit (ICU) at Box Hill Hospital (Melbourne) fighting for his life for the second time around. On the Assumption Day (15 August 2013) my father suffered a massive heart attack and we were told he has no hope of surviving so we had a bedside vigil praying for a miracle and God gave us a miracle. Dad was operated on by 3 surgeons on his failed heart, failed lungs and failed kidneys and he survived which surprised the medical staff. God saved my father from certain death.

It was late last night that I received a phone call from the ICU emergency surgeon telling me that dad will not last the night as he was quickly deteriorating. Once again, we had a bedside vigil praying God to intervene and save dad's life, and God stabilised his condition. If dad does not have a heart surgery tomorrow to replace an infected heart valve he will die and so they are trying to keep him alive and strong enough to endure a 7 hour surgery tomorrow.

Joan, we need your help and we need it now or dad will die. You know how much we love you and your special place in our hearts and lives. We know from past times that your prayers & intercessions are extremely powerful and God never refuses you when you approach the Throne of Grace and plead someone's case. Please plead dad's case and secure from Heaven the second miracle of life for dad. God will not refuse you, Joan.

LOVE IS ALL

8. TF
    6 months ago

relief for the families of the 7,907 AMerican Soldier MIAS from the Korea War especially for those still lost in North Korea-by having those who could be brought home -to be brought home to the USA

9. Abin Davis
    7 months ago

Joan of Arc , my greatest saint...pray for all the innocent people in this world.

10. MJ
    8 months ago

Poor Joan,she only died when she was 19.

11. JRD
    8 months ago

St Joan Of Arc,and St Margaret Of Scotland,both my female heroines whom i pray to every day,I am proud to say gallant Scotsmen were by her side in protecting St Joan at siege of Orleans.The Auld Alliance of France and Scotland lives on.Hail Hail St Joan Of Arc,your fantastic,my Heroine my Saint,my Inspirtion

12. Abner
    9 months ago

ST.joan of arc please pray for me to be brave and faithful like you

13. general unknown anonymous usmc usnf ****
    10 months ago

30th may 2013:ss joan of arc & pope gregory VII pray for us!

14. christopher antony
    10 months ago

St.joan of arc please pray for me I have faith please watch over my family
    please help me in my work I will pray for you this your feast day
    God Bless us all
    Amen

15. Anissa
    10 months ago

I chose her as my saint when I made my confirmation. I was looking for a saint and she kept coming up every time. 😄

16. Jamal
    11 months ago

st joan of arc is my hero #joanislife

17. Name

I'm considering saint Joan of Arc as my Confirmation name. I am very drawn to her story and how as a woman, she took charge of an army failing with men. she is an inspiration to all women and girls such as myself. Thank you Saint Joan of Arc. God Bless

18. Anonymous

Saint Joan of Arc is my Confirmation saint too, but I've never done a project on her. I should have; she is so amazing! Trina, I liked your comment. I am Catholic, but I also agree that Catholics and Protestants should be more united. We're both Christian, why do we have to be so separated? Anyway, go Saint Therese and her patron saint, Joan of Arc!

19. Me

Thanks for posting this! Very useful--- I'm doing a paper on her for my English class. She definitely challenged the gender roll.

20. Teresa

I love St. Joan of Arc!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is such an inspiration. She is 1000000000000000x better, cooler, and prettier than St. Elizabeth Ann Seton