St. George Comments

Pictures of St. George usually show him killing a dragon to rescue a beautiful lady. The dragon stands for wickedness. The lady stands for God's holy truth. St. George was a brave martyr who was victorious over the devil. He was a soldier in the army of the Roman Emperor Diocletian, and he was one of the Emperor's favorite soldiers. Now Diocletian was a pagan and a bitter enemy to the Christians. He put to death every Christian he could find. ... Continue Reading

1. George

i am a saint!

2. George Kakos

i'm so proud my name is George he died for what he believed in i would do the same if i was in his position

3. George Kirigha

I didn't really know how my namesake saint life was but this article has helped me & guided me to emulate the same.

4. Parker Coble

how can i cite this?

5. Elena

St. George is Great!!! He is awsome! It should be St.George the Great!! Love u George!!

6. frank

You rock !!!!!!!!!!

7. billy

Thanks! you are awsome!!1

8. Dr.Jasen Joseph

St.George has been & will be an inspiration all throughout my life. I even named my son after Him so that I can honour him

9. :)

St. George is very inspiring :) I love him so much! He is my friend's confirmation saint and i was born on his day (april 23)

10. hi

trjryj

11. Julian St George

THANKS FOR MY PROJECT IT HELPED ME A LOT SO THANK U

12. Luis C. Morales

Paula V Martinez

The Saint depicted in the picture you are describing is Saint Martin of Tours. That is the most widely known depiction of him.

13. Paula V Martinez

I could not believe how many saints we had. This web site is great. Maybe you could
    help, My mother had a picture of a Roman soldier and beggar. He was giving the beggar some money or food. I would ask my mother who he was and she said it was St. George and the beggar was Jesus. Now I read here he has a dragon in his picture. Could he be the same?

14. harrison

GO ST GEORGE now my conformation saint and project saint!

15. Katie

i was inspired by this saint and he is now my confirmation saint.

16. SARPEDDON MARIE MARLENE

bonjour prier pour moi et ma famille stp,j'ai besoin de beaucoup d'aide .MERCI

17. George Briand Brodeur

I have always known that St. George was a dragon slayer. However, I never knew him to have been a Roman soldier and in Diocletians reign as emperor. Also, I never knew that the dragon he slew was metaphorical. Thanks for the view. Now, I have some real work to do. Thank you.

18. George P.

You don't encounter many children these days named George. Too bad, it's really a wonderful name, IMHO.

19. Trevor

St. George is one of the greatest saints.

20. Trevor

St. George is a really great saint im also doing him for my project.