St. Blaise Comments

Many Catholics might remember Saint Blaise's feast day because of the Blessing of the Throats that took place on this day. Two candles are blessed, held slightly open, and pressed against the throat as the blessing is said. Saint Blaise's protection of those with throat troubles apparently comes from a legend that a boy was brought to him who had a fishbone stuck in his throat. The boy was about to die when Saint Blaise healed him. Very few ... Continue Reading

1. Denise Joan Smith

Feburary 3rd is my birthday. I always try to have my throat blessed. But not all churchs do any
    more. When I was growing up. They had it at morning Mass, 3 o'clock for after school children
    and again in the evening.

2. Pamela

I have a neice who is a brilliant opera singer who has tonsil and sinus problems to a great extent. her sinuses are too small and her tonsils are always inflammed. she has sung for Pope John Paul at the Vatican. she may need tonsil removal and sinus operation. please pray to St. Blaise for her not to lose her wonderful voice due to possible surgery.

3. Mark

I have had 16 operations on my larynx in recent years. The last one was just 11 days ago. I have no or little voice. My condition is not life threatening but depresses me as I can not communicate effectively or express my personality and I'm becoming withdrawn. I ask you all to pray to this most noble saint for mr, for a full and lasting recovery for me, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen

4. Carrie manna

St. Blaise please pray for my incrediable strong father who suffered a major stroke 2 weeks ago and he could not swallow. He is unable to swallow water. Please heal his throat and make him be able to swallow again, even if it is liquids. He has helped everyone all his life , now it is time for all of us to help him no matter what it takes. I am praying with all my heart and soul to make him be cured of this . God bless him.

5. Irene

I am asking for a intersession from St. Blaise today as my mother with have have surgery on her tongue and possibly throat to remove cancer. I am asking for St Blaise to pray with us and ask Jesus for miricles today and steady hands and sound mind for the doctors. Mic

6. Dan

I needed to know why he was a saint and I couldn't find it.

7. DON

My confirmation name is Blaise after St. Blaise. I remember having my throat blessed as a child on his Feast Day.

8. Beverly

This is truly amazing to me. I was born on February 3 and my grandmother was from Bradford, Yorkshire England. I am an animal lover and care for the wild animals as well. And, as a young child, choked on a fish bone while staying with my grandmother. Coincidental....dont think so!

9. Kat

This is just what I needed. My co-worker is a better than thou Catholic. She has had thyroid problems and sore throats. And I told her she should get a St. Blaise blessing and she'd never heard of this tradition. I told her I remember as a Catholic School attendee in grade school, we'd all walk across the street to have our throats blessed on St. Blaise's Day. Dead on right to the fishbone!

10. Katie

Though it is not a common profession any more he is also Patron Saint of Wool Combers as he was put to death by wool combs tearing the flesh from his body. There were saint processions in Bradford UK until about 1825.
    Please don't leave out who the saints are patrons for just because it seems an old fasioned profesion.

11. Jonathan

This website was ok IDK. i need more info though.

12. tyler

this is interesting because my confirmation name is blaise

13. Don

I was suffering from throat and neck cancer and I was doing well and on my CT Scan they found another Neoplasm. I attended the Blessing of the Throat at my Parish, the same day I had a visit with the Doctor leading my team. I am due for a Pet Scan this week>please Pray for me. Also a friend of mine her grandson is named Blaise. How Ironic?

14. Rev. Meg Schramm

I once worked in a veterinary clinic as a veterinary assistant/kennel attendant. The veterinarian told me that St. Blaise is the patron saint of veterinarians as well as wild animals.

15. Janice

When I first began suffering from spasmodic dysphonia (a throat and vocal cord neurological disorder), a Catholic friend said I should get my throat blessed. I went to several Catholic churches for mass on St. Blaise Day (Feb 3) before finding the ones that always do the blessing with the candles. I am not Catholic, but I thank God for St. Blaise and his intercession with my throat troubles. My condition improved tremendously when I first sought out the blessing and now it is hardly a problem at all. Today I worshiped at St. Ignatius in South Austin and appreciated the blessings I received.

16. Kay

Thank you for this site, it has helped me decide who to use for my conformation, KEEP IT UP!!!

17. Angela

Today is my birthday, though I do not know much about St. Blaise , I always knew I was born on his Feast day. I have always had my throet blessed on my birthday. It is so good to have some information about,I am now in my seventies.....God Bless...

18. gloria

this is great ,which used to a holy day is now a chocie to go to or not,
    this is one of my favoite saints. i am an alter sever so we say this prayer for when we do sevr other pepole as he did. thank u for sharing this saint

19. Stella Margerat Nkhonya

The site is helpful pliz keep it up it helps me so much i have known so many Saints' biography on this site..Kindly can you please send the biography of my Patron Saint, St Stella.. i wll apreciate..

St Blaise pray for my brother who took after your name on babtism..protect him and me and my family never to have any throath infectious diseases..in Jesus name who lives and reigns with God and the Holy Spirit one God forever

20. Dale

St. Blaise pray for us, and may the Divine assistance remain always with us and may the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen