St. Emma Comments

Emma was a relative of Emperor St. Henry II and also known as Hemma. She was raised at Henry's court by St. Cunegund, and according to legend was married to Landgrave William of Friesach. Their two children were murdered during an uprising of mines owned by William. Grief-stricken, he made a pilgrimmage to Rome and died on the way back. Emma then decided to devote her life to God. She gave liberally to the poor, founded several religious houses ... Continue Reading

1. Robert

This is my daughter's name. I did want to name her after a Saint and I am very happy to find out that we did. In a name book the name Emma is said to be related to an old German word which means nurse; which was also a pleasant surprise since both my wife and I are R.N.'s

2. EMMA MWIKALI MUINDI

am called emma and am quite interested in knowing more about st Emma and taking after her.

3. Emma

this is really cool! my name is Emma and I was born on St. Emma's feast day! what a wierd coincidence! ^^D

4. Rachael

I'm taking this name for my Confirmation. :)

5. Emma

My name is emma too! her feast day is only a few days away my b-day!

6. Dennis

She was beatified on November 21, 1287 and canonized on January 5, 1938 by Pope Pius XI.

She is invoked during childbirth and against diseases of the eye.

7. bree

I was supposed to be named Emma

8. toniaxx

thanx for de useful info....!!im takin dat name 4 confirmation..!!!:P.:D.......:)cooo.........lxoxoxoxoxx

9. Nayeli

Im Thinking About Doing My Project On Her, Do Yall Have More Information On St. Emma? Ohh And A Picture? Thanks (:

10. karen

my grandma`s name is emma
    :D

11. Emma

My name is Emma. Yay. She was so pretty!!

12. Emma

my name is Emma (: but i need to know more about her for my school project!

13. Jane

Our granddaughter born yesterday is called Emma. I am looking for a little more info on St Emma's date of birth and cannonization. I would also like to buy a book for her Baptism. Is there any more information you can provide?

14. A

im thinking of having this as my conformation name ?

15. Emma:)

My name is Emma cool! I'm doing st. Emma for a school project! Wahoo:)

16. E

what is she the patron saint of?

17. madeline

its almost my birthday!!! when was she canonized???

18. Emma

I am doing a Saint Project on St Emma. I need her Life story.

19. madeline