St. Camillus de Lellis Comments

St. Camillus de Lellis was born at Bocchianico, Italy. He fought for the Venetians against the Turks, was addicted to gambling, and by 1574 was penniless in Naples. He became a Capuchin novice, but was unable to be professed because of a diseased leg he contracted while fighting the Turks. He devoted himself to caring for the sick, and became director of St. Giacomo Hospital in Rome. He received permission from his confessor (St. Philip Neri) to ... Continue Reading

1. Godwin Eze

i will like to join this order of st camillus.
    since i ever heard of st camillus i started praying that one day i will be one of them

2. MICHELE

St. Camillus, please help my friends son pass all his tests he needs to take, to be a male nurse. Please help the following people: a former parishioner of our parish is 28 years old with pancreatic cancer, my son's friend's father is dying, and a former neighbor of mine is on kidney dialisis, my elderly friend is 86 years old and faints and doctor's can't figure out why and he's on a catheter and wants to be normal again and both he and his wife have pace makers, and one of my friends daughter's was on antibiotic for asthma and pneumonia and is having side effects from them, and my friend is suffering from heart disease and emphasema, and my other friend who has connective tissue disease with one of them is lupus, my daughter in law who is newly pregnant, to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, and to please don't let me have side effects of diabetes and heal me please if it's God's Will, so I can be around for my young children, and grandchildren and to help me in studies to become a doula (helping woman who are in labor), if God is calling me to do it to have a love for it and do it well, so I can help with the financial problems we are having and help others too. All in God's will. AMEN. Thank you St. Camillus for praying for all these intentions.

3. Barbara

Dear St Camillus I ask you to pray for me to pass my nursing aide certification so that I may pursue my calling to help all types of people, from the sick, injured, and disabled to the nurses that I will be assisting.

4. Farah

Dear St. Camillus, we humbly ask for your intercession to help us pray for a miraculous healing be upon JR, the brother of my friend who is ill right now of chronic kidney diseases secondary to chronic glumerulonephritis. And for all those people who have kidney disorder. Thank you so much for interceding.

5. jason chua

Dear St. Camillus de Lellis, please help to pray for my friend Gary Ong who has stomach cancer. Please pray for the Lord's healing hand to be on him to heal him. May he be blessed with good health, strength and strong fighting spirit to overcome the illness and have a speedy recovery. Amen.

6. Camillus Johnston

Blessed St Camillus I pray for your intercession to God for my cousin's little boy "Luca" who is gravely ill with a head injury after a fall, we as a family are praying for a miracle so that "Luca" will be healed of his injury and returned to us, I was born in the co westmeath ireland near the college and nursing home of St camillus and so was christened and named after St Camillus,as a child I would sit with my family and cut out the "little red crosses" from a large red felt hat, those were happy times, no tv's no computers, god bless, pray for us all St Camillus.

7. FRANCES

ST. CAMILLUS PLEASE PRAY FOR MY GODCHILD, THOMAS, AND GRANDSON
    DYLAN BOTH WITH ADICTIONS. THANK YOU.

8. christie

St. Camillus, this is not the first time I hear your name, but it the first time that I read about your life and your selfless dedication to the caring of the sick. And this is a good time for me to know you, because I need your intercession for my loved ones: my 94 year old mother, Victoria Gonzales, please pray that she receives spiritual comfort and heavenly consolation. Free her from all earthly cares and anxieties over her family. May she be cared for by her children, given excellent nursing care, cleaning, feeding. Keep her free from constipation and pressure sores. May she be gifted with the reception of Holy Communion. Send the angels to minister to her. Amen

9. angela

i will do what she do

10. SAC

St Camillus pray that my daughter pass pathology and is allowed to continue on her journey to be a nurse

11. Casey

I was interested to find that the saint of nurses is a man. As a male nurse, I found a kinship to this saint particularly.

Pray for us St. Camillus that we can go throughout our work days giving care to the sick and needy in the same humble and caring manner that you did.

12. donna

pray for us Saint Camillus, that we will win tomorrow's election and make our hospital union free again.

13. vandhana

this site is too good. i think it ll help me a lot.

14. Pino

I am a nurse and the name of my nursing School was "San Camilo" in Madrid, Spain.
    St Cammillus,please, pray for all of us in our profession.Thanks!!!

15. banilyn colongan

im happy that st.camillus is patron of doctors.

16. Donita Demontiney

I heard about St.Cammillus and was very happy to know he is the patron to Doctors. I know that I can use his help many time a day in my practice.