St. Bridget of Sweden Comments

Saint Birgitta was the daughter of Uppland’s Lagman, Birger Petersson and his wife, Ingeborg, who was a member of the same clan as the reigning family. Birgitta’s family was pious; her father went to confession every Friday and made long and arduous pilgrimages as far away as the Holy Land. Birgitta’s mother died, leaving Birgitta, ten years old, Katharine, nine and a newborn baby boy, Israel. The children were sent to their maternal aunt for ... Continue Reading

1. DARLENE SAMPSON

I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THESE SAINTS DAY .I HAVEN'T BEEN IN CATHOLIC SCHOOL SINCE 1960. I ALWAYS REMEMBERED THE SAINTS. THIS GIVES YOU SOME DETAIL THEN BACK AS A CHILD. THANKS AGAIN. I WAS ACTUALLY BORN ON ST. BLAISE DAY.I HAD MY THROAT BLESSED ALWAYS.I'M GLAD GOD GAVE AS THE SAINTS TO HELP US. SO WE DO NOT ALWAYS BOTHER HIM WITH TRIVIA THINGS. EVEN THOU I KNOW JESUS NEVER THINKS THIS,HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US. I CAN TEST TO TO THIS EVERY DAY

2. fr jaime marquez

st brigit's memorial is on my birthday. she has helped me at a my most desperate moment. there was no success seen ahead but her prayers gave failure a redeeming value. i wish to visit her birthplace in Sweden someday. kindly fill in more stories about her. thank you

3. Bridgita Samba Mwawasi

When I was growing up in the 80s I heard the Feast of St. Bridget used to be celebrated on October 8. Infact that is why my parents picked her name for me as that is the date on which I was born. However, later the feast turned out to be on July 23. How did this happen? Why is this information missing from her story, if at all it is ture? I really love this Saint and consider her my personal friend and confidant.

4. Sarah. H

I like this saint because here feastday is on my birthday and i like the name

5. beatriz

I love saint Bridget's. But the problem is that i have to do an assignment on her and there's not enough info!!!!!

6. molly

i picked Bridget because she is awsome

7. millie

I needed to choose a saint I chose saint Bridget and am really struggling with what she does

8. Hietanen

The Revelations of Saint Birgitta (Bridget) of Sweden can be found at the site below for free,

www.saintbirgitta.com

9. Elizabeth

Saint Bridget is the name I chose for my confirmation because I think strength is an important charteristic to have as a person living in this dramatic and pressuring world. Saint Bridget of Sweden was who my great-Grandmother was named after and she was a great person. Thank you Bridget!!

10. georgia

saint bridget was a wonderful woman and this shows lots about her! WONDERFUL LADY SHE WAS!

11. Joan Siedow LMC

St Bridget to me is a special saint. A few years ago I was styling hair for a cancer patient in a hospice. It was on this day July 23. I had a chaplet bracelet on that was blessed and it had a medal of St Bridget on it. The medal was given to me by a man who was once homeless. The woman whose hair I was styling was having a vision at the time. She was seeing this woman sitting in the corner. She had several small children sitting on the floor playing with balls and jacks by her feet.

The woman in the vision also had a small baby sitting on her knee waiting to catch a ball holding his hands out. The woman had an olden days outfit on that would fit for that time period of St Bridget. She also had a very high hairstyle. She asked me what I thought it was. I said well it might be Mary and that is baby Jesus on her knee and the children are angels playing below. I told her I heard that when people are dying they are the closest to God.

Perhaps it was a bit of heaven she was seeing. She then said yes that is what she thought also. I said does it scare you? She said no it does not. I said to her well then cool just go with it! She said yes. I thought it was beautiful.

WEll this is a long story but it turned out to be on the feast day of St Bridget that I was with the dying woman. July 23. This woman came back to the faith before she had died also. There is more to this story but the most important part is the mystery of God. God Bless St Bridget please pray for us. Amen

12. lionel valdellon

Just a note about the PIETA prayer booklet. The prayers themselves are beautiful and should be used... but some of the other material (the promises) tends toward superstition. Read this forum message on EWTN:

13. lionel valdellon

The Pieta book of prayers can be found online at: http://www.medjugorje.org/pieta.htm

God bless!

14. sully

how can I get the blue book or (Pieta) Thank you

15. Fr. Fred Ball

In 1999, Bridget was chosen, along with Catherine of Siena and Edith Stein as patrons of all Europa. This was done by Pope John Paul II.

Through her works of charity and her mystic visions, Bridget blesses us most by showing us how a contemplative, holy life is also one which engages the world. I ask her intercessions today that I might not rest too easy in my study and oratory, but more surely live engaged with the poor of this world and work for causes of justice.

16. PX

She is the patron of Europe, Sweden, and Widows. She has a set of prayers which are really good to reflect on the Passion. They are The Fifteen Prayers of St Bridget. You can find this in the little blue prayer book. I think it is called the Pieta. This blue prayer book is easily found and has many other prayers as well. May the Lord Bless your day!

17. Ype

St. Bridget is patron of Europe, and not just Sweden. So she has a lot to pray for.

18. V

What is st bridget the patron saint of? Just Sweden or what is she most helpful with when we pray ?