St. Scholastica Comments

St. Scholastica, sister of St. Benedict, consecrated her life to God from her earliest youth. After her brother went to Monte Cassino, where he established his famous monastery, she took up her abode in the neighborhood at Plombariola, where she founded and governed a monastery of nuns, about five miles from that of St. Benedict, who, it appears, also directed his sister and her nuns. She visited her brother once a year, and as she was not ... Continue Reading

1. Iz

I wasn't that interested in this and I'm tying to figure out what my Confirmation name will be.

2. Elizabeth Fowler

Wow!Frank, I have to do St. Scholastica for a saints prodject. though I`d rather do saint Elizabeth of hungary because that`s my name and I love to bake and she is the patron saint of hospitals, bakers, etc. :) ><
    O

3. Scholar

I would really like to see a prayer book in her name. I was named after her and now trying to learn and know more about her. I have not seen any prayer book on her like st Anothy guild. Does any one have an idea if one exist.
    Thank You.

4. Martin

Spending hours talking over the wonders of God is one of my favorite things. May God always bless the continued conversation.

5. Louise

It would be great if each day we could learn what the saint is patron of

6. Sandra

We love St. Scholastica! After a pilgrimage to holy places in Italy, we were inspired to come back and start homeschooling. Our homeschool is named after St. Scholastica. And she's certainly blessed us!

7. joseline

cool thats my bday and i have this saint so cool

8. Michael Russell

How old was St Scholastica when she died? Thanks for the information

9. Sandy

I will become a Benedictine Oblate on december 12 and I have chosen Scholastica for my saint's name.

10. unknown72

cool thanks helps alot!!!

11. scolarh

i do love my patron saint, i will always ask her to pray for me so that i can be like her.she was so adorable.

12. Molly Tetley

What is she a patron saint of? Not much info on her. I want her for my confirmation name

13. stephanie

im thinking about having her as my confirmation middle name/saint

14. scholastica

i really like st.Scholastica..even i got named after her by my grandpa..tq grandpa

15. scolar

10 feb is my saint's day.i want her to pray so taht i can be like her.i know where ever she is,she must be smiling like me.we shall always live to celebreta this day

16. $am McCarthy

Wow. She's pretty cool!

17. Frank

I love St.Scholastica she has helped me in many ways. I would like to see any prayer cards in her name.

18. Gern Blanstin

I go to school at St. John the Baptist and St. Scholastica is my saint for my saints project

19. Emmanuel D. Akobor

I'm a catholic from Ghana and i worship at st. Anthony Nungua Accra. Tomorrow 08/80/08 is my birth day. Please pray for me to know christ and for a scholarship for my Masters
    thanks
    Emmanuel

20. Sarla Mari C. Sitchon

wow the story tells a wonderful life about St.Scholastica. I love because St.Scholastica shows her most wonderful love to her beloved brother.