St. Anthony of Padua Comments

Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death. There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old. The reason he became a Franciscan was because of the death of ... Continue Reading

1. Nabure

St Anthony, finally I have the opportunity to read about you. I first heard your name mentioned when I was a little child where my grand mother insisted for me to seek your assistance in prayer to locate my missing toy. It was through my faithful prayer that particular day that I found the lost and valuable toy. Today, I seek your assistance again to relocate my faith and belief in our holy church, values of life and simplicity in our daily chores. Amen.

2. Maryann

St. Anthony brilliant son of St. Francis may continue to interceed for me my family and friends

3. Anthony

St. Anthony, I just want to thank you for your gratefulness throughout my lifetime to date. When looking back I can see many times when you were as close as God and Christ were. I have been dealing with a lot of mental issues lately and troubles of my own in life as well as work, family and friends. I have much faith and love for you and hope that you will look over my family and friends in these times and help me see the path of life that I must go down. I have been cut off for a few years from any communication with colleagues as well as human interaction overall with anyone and in need of help. I have been trying to positively look at everything I do with no negative thoughts even coming close to me or my thoughts but have been unsuccessful so far to date in overcoming these obstacles. Please guide me with your direction and help fulfill my body and spirit with the touch of yourself as well as the glory of God and Lord Jesus Christ. I Love You, Anthony S.

4. Diana

St Anthony on your feast day and every day I want to say thank you
    For always being there for me and comforting me. You help me so
    Much every time I call on you I can't thank you enough. Thank you for continuing
    Helping me making my dreams come true.

Love You Always

Diana

5. Joseph Mathew

St. Antony of Padua, please pray for me.

6. Allinson

Dear St. Anthony

Today we got our new car delivered on your day, bless us and guide us and protect us. Bless my family and friends . On this special day I would like to thank you for all the blessings you have showered on me and my family. God the Father, Son, Holy spirit, Mother Mary and all the Angels and Saints Pray for us . Amen.

7. Carolina

Dear St. Anthony,

Please pray to God on my family's behalf that we might find a home to keep our family safe, healthy, faithful and together. Give us the guidance and grace to make the right decision. In our Lord Christ Jesus name we pray. Amen!

8. 3Ds

On This Your Feast Day Good Saint Anthony I give Abundant thanks to you and ask your continued asssitance and prayer for our family and all in need. For prayers spoken and unpoken. You have helped so many may you continue as Miracle Saint we ask your intercession for All things "MIssing" both Spiritual and Earthly BLessed be God in his Angels and Saints AMEN

9. Rev. Meg

In California there is a mission built by Father Junipero Serra which is dedicated to Saint Anthony Padua. It is on the military base Fort Hunter Liggett. To visit the mission one needs to show their I.D. and vechicle regestration at the base entrance, and they will be given directions to the mission. Since the mission is on a United States military base there has been no modern development around the mission grounds and it looks much as it did when Father Serra was alive. One can also arrange to stay at the mission overnight (phone ahead for reservations) and there are celebrations and festivals held there throughout the year.

10. John

St. Anthony:
    Please intercede with my mother who is "lost" with dementia. Please help me to understand what she is going through so that she can get back to a sense of normalcy in her life. I ask through Jesus name, Amen.

11. Peter

I was in Padua earlier today taking a photo of the Basilica when I had to swap memory cards. I hadn't moved from my spot and I'd lost the full card, I was upset and it came to me that Saint Anthony is the one to pray to for lost items, so with nothing to lose I looked up to the Basilica and Prayed "Saint Antony if anyone can help me you can".
    I then got up and walked a few steps and it was on the ground. I don't know how it moved to where it did because I was crouching in the one spot, but I found my card.
    Thanks be to God and Saint Anthony.

12. Bridget Manganisa

Dear St. Anthony of Padua, Doctor of Catholic Church, intercede and pray for my Husband's (James Manganisa) Soul to Rest in Peace, He died on 13th June, 2001 (on your Feast Day) And also pray for our family so that God should continue caring, guiding and protecting us (me and my two Children (Elizabeth and Andrew) each day as the years passby without a father. In Jesus's name I pray Amen.

13. Maria

My Dearest St. Anthony,
    I beg you please watch over my family, especially my kids. Please guide their every step, keep them healthy and safe. Thank you for always answering my prayers, you have never let me down.

14. Anthony

Saint Anthony, your assistance when I ask your help has been immediate and
    staggering if not miraculous. No one could have, or could be, a better friend.Your compassion is inspiring, your connection with mankind one of passion for doing
    all you can for those who open their hearts.

Andrew, trust but work, make your way with what you have, be true to goodness, life is so shortand the horror of poverty and the stress of debt in a world where money means
    more than life itself is overwhelming. Let them do their worst and ask Saint Anthony to
    be your friend and guide to walk you back to the way you abandoned so long ago, then rediscover life,for it is so short and eternity awaits. Love your family, understand those who assail you, do good for others. In sacrifice you will find love. leave a legacy of goodness
    ans sanctity,for your family

15. Eustace

Dear St Anthony of Padua , Pray for me that i recover anything that i may have lost in my life, maybe Faith, Hope and Love for Christ, Pray that i come to hold the Lord Jesus as you did, you give me so much inspiration and i ask for you divine presence in the true word of the Lord that you preached during your good times, pray for me to love the children as you did. Today is your anniversary of your passing on to our origin Lord s Home and it is happens to be my birthday, i will treasure this page as much as i leave. Saint Anthony pray for protection for me and my family from any evil, Pray for me that before i pass on to the other everlasting home i become wiser and fully aware of the Lord word and follow his ways, I pray this through our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us on the Holy Cross.Amen

16. Steve

St. Anthony, I pray for your intercession daily & nightly prayers. Please ask our Lord to send me a job. Thank you.

17. Adigwe Stanley Asielue

St Anthony the wonder worker, intercede for me in all my special prayer intensions.

18. raymonda

St Anthony, I believe that you are the finder of lost things, I pray that through your intercession, that my sibling Perfectus who had been missing over 4 years will be found.
    I promise that I will testify to the Glory of God the Father, God the son and God the holy spirit. I believe that my prayers will be answered in Jesus name. AMEN.

19. Michelle

St. Anthony Pray (for a change of his heart, keep him sober)
    Michael Anthony who is lost his mind to alcohol and drugs and a very sick addicted women.

St. Anthony, our patron and our advocate, grant us what we ask of you. St. Anthony, powerful in word and work. grant us what we ask of you.

Saint Anthony, attentive to those who invoke you, grant us what we ask of you.

Saint Anthony, glory of the Church and honor of the Franciscan Order. grant us what we ask of you.

Saint Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus so much loved and honored, grant us what we ask of you.

From his wife and daughters!

20. Harrison

St. Anthony happy feast day. I thank God almighty for the wondrous work He did through you and I pray for your interception over my winning of America Visa Lottery and spirit of holiness like you through Christ our Lord. Amen!