St. Anthony of Padua Comments

Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death. There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old. The reason he became a Franciscan was because of the death of ... Continue Reading

1. cen

Dear St Anthony,

My Fiance is named after you. Please touch his hard heartedness towards me over this pressing issue / misunderstanding we are recently having. grant me your wonderful intercession today before 2400hrs of my local time. I feel exploitated and duped. am i right ? please send the truth my way today. If called to explain his motive then i take it that am not. If he never called, then my feelings are right.

I PLACE THIS DISTRESSING FEELINGS UNDER YOUR INTERCESSION TODAY

2. P. Johnson

Dear Saint Anthony,

I pray for you to intervene and help me with all that I am going through at this time. Please pray that my mom go walking everyday so that her legs will get stronger and for my brother Paul who gets home late at night- keep him safely and in good health and for my husband who is not doing too good at work- he doesn't want to be there. Please help him to be happy. St Anthony please pray that we will get the money to pay for my daughter's tuition and my mortgage which is two months behind and also my car payments coming up shortly. Please pray that I get a job soon to help with the expenses, Lord. I pray also for my daughter to gain employment in Jesus' name I pray. Amen. Please intervene for me St. Anthony.

3. rusty

thank you for helping me in my life and thew out my years AMEN.

4. ms

Thank you st anthony for answering my family's prayers. My sister's vocal chord collapsed but her voice has myseriously return due to the miracle prayer to you. Also my brother in law is doing better at his job thanks to you.

5. michelleann

Thank you St Anthony for all the favours received through your intercession and for success in my sons board exams. Please continue to bless us. May your name be invoked always

6. simon musyoki

please saint anthony interceede that we may get means of transport and give a a sound that can sing well

7. LIDIA

Please St. Anthony of Padua, I beg you return to me JDD. I am so helpless and alone. Please hear my prayer. Thank You!!!

8. j brehm

I prayed a Novena to St Anthony for my Fathers Prostate Radiation surgery. I give thanks to St Anthony and his intercession of prayer to our Heavenly Father. My Father has done
    amazingly well! I will show my aprreciation by imitating your virtues and example, by avoinding sin and persisting in prayer! Thank you St Anthony for answered prayers

9. Okeaba Nnaemeka

St. Anthony, I pray for your intercession daily & nightly prayers. Please ask our Lord to send me a nice job. Thank you.

10. Gail

Dear St. Anthony...Please help my sister and her husband find their lost cat Spike. He has been missing for over 2 years now and they do not stop looking for him. Please bring him home to them, please. They love him so. Thank you. Amen

11. mary

dear st.antony

i'm forever grateful to all the blessings the Lord has given me. i thank him truly and deeply with my whole heart. but my dear beloved saint, i give them nothing but shame. my family and my husband n his family r disgraced n secretly mocked cos i cant pass a qualifying exam n practice my profession. on top of tht is the financial problems tht we have. pls pray for me. pls pray i get a god job to support my family n to help me further in studies and career. Lord u know the pain i feel. u see everythg..pls i beg of u humbly..pls help me.

12. joyce

St Anthony,
    Thank you for your intercession. I pray you help me in my needs.
    Blessed be God forever.

13. TOCHUKWU

Dear saint anthony of padua,help me to fulfil my life intention,the courage to love, to give the poor,and win back my friend who have deserted me for no reason,help my family and all our intention.i believe u will help me as u have done before.Amen.

14. SS

St Anthonyt,

Today is my 10th day of fasting I belive that you will show me a miracle as you done to our marriage in the past , and all that we are bound to enjoy in our marriage will happen with no evil of divorce effecting us ever !!!!

Your loving child

15. SS

Dear St Anthony,

I pray for your intercession for our marriage where the love is lost and so is the bonding my husband has left home a year back, i pray he reconciles , please St Anthony please interceed for us in this critical time , I pray he starts communicating and forgives me whenever I have hurt him .
    St Anthony I pray he comes back with no conditions this time .
    I belive that you are a patron who will build back lost relationships, I believe my husband will cancel the divorce and come back

Your loving child

16. Anthony chimaobim igwe

I love st Anthony is a geart man of God he is my patro sanit I love him soooo much am a member of the guild.

17. PATRICIA

Thank you, St Anthony.Never once he failed to entertain my needs.When my mom lost her wallet,I asked his help and the wallet was returned with all the important things intact except money,put nicely on top and the back of our car. My rabbit gave birth to 5 rabbits and five thousand dollars was won (lottery) on the same day.My mom lost 100 dollars and was given five thousand dollars instead.

18. Janet

Dear St Anthony please find my voice and let me sing again.

19. Shannon

Saint Anthony,
    I pray you help find a way to find to meet my needs. You know what is in my heart. Financially my family is struggling, please help us find our way. Amen

20. Christine

Dear Theresa G. Rener,
    I got this information from the internet. I hope this helps

St. Anthony is invoked as the patron saint of lost things. A little jingle goes like this: "St. Anthony, please look around; something is lost and must be found." This attribution comes from an incident where a novice carried off a valuable psalter St. Anthony was using. St. Anthony prayed very hard that the psalter would be found. After seeing an alarming apparition of St. Anthony, the novice returned the psalter. However, many suggest he is more importantly the patron of lost souls — those who have fallen to mortal sin, have abandoned the Church and have grown apathetic to the practice of the faith.