St. Anthony of Padua Comments

Saint Anthony was canonized (declared a saint) less than one year after his death. There is perhaps no more loved and admired saint in the Catholic Church than Saint Anthony of Padua, a Doctor of the Church. Though his work was in Italy, he was born in Portugal. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order in 1221, when he was 26 years old. The reason he became a Franciscan was because of the death of ... Continue Reading

1. Monty Hilton

Hi, I'm not a Catholic, but I am a Christian and am very intrigued and encouraged by the stories of the saints. I enjoy learning about their lives and in some ways it helps me see more of God in my life. I will continue to learn and study the Catholic faith and rich traditions which are apparent and glorify Christ and pull me ever closer to the knowledge of him. Thank you for the website!

2. maria

Please Saint Antony help us find the lost deposit for the house. We have been suffering greatly through the years for not proper housing. Pray for us to the Sacred family to let us find soon what has been lost and to be able to get better housing situation for us. Please also pray that I find my mother’s rosary that I lost before I lost the deposit. Pray for us dear Anthony and do not let us ever go far from the light of God’s mercy. I thank you and love you for interceding and being helpful in this matter.

3. Ricky

St Anthony is my petitioner to God. He has helped me through difficult times.

4. Michelle

Please St Anthony pleaase help my ex-husband Vince find his love for me and bring him back to me so we can be a family again. I've exhausted 2 years of praying and need a miracle. Please intercede for me. Thank you.

5. immaculate

Dear st Anthony, I thank u for all u have done in my family, in my life and in my husbands life and his business. I thank u for the fruits of womb u have give me, I give u all the adoration. I pray doing the day of my delivery I will deliver like a hebrew woman in Jesus. I also pray that dis sodality that I entered today, I need your wisdom in my life so that I will do your work very well Amen. I need your wisdom and ur protection in my marriage, in my husband life, in his business and in my life. Amen

6. Alphonsa

st.Anthony pray for us in the name of infant jesus & mother mary to overcome my problems in my life, for my son to do his coming exams with confindence, to be with him always. thanks

7. jeason victor

Dear Saint Antony,
    Your blessing and assist lead me through the impossible hard life where i almost lost faith in every thing. But you keep an eye on me and show the right path to the
    comfort and peacefulness. You just reveal all missing link that hidden in my life and this world.
    i am praying for you to help all the people who just suffering like me and i also try my best to show the right path to others. Being our family saint you just protected us with your blessings.
    we are very thankful for your kindness...

8. MARIa

Dear St. Anthony, You have never let me down, you always, always, always help me everytime I come to you for help.!!!!!!! I AM IN AWE OF YOU ! I THANK YOU MY DEAREST SAINT FOR ALWAYS BEING CLOSE TO ME AND MY FAMILY AND HELPING US ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN NOT WAIT TO GO TO NY TO SEE YOUR TONGUE AND FEEL THE PRESENCE THAT THAT DAY WILL HOLD... I BEG YOU ST ANTHONY FOR HELP FOR MY HUSBAND AND SON.THEY ARE BOTH TRYING TO HEAL AND I ASK YOU FOR YOUR INTERCESSION.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

9. Lauren

Why did St. Anthony become a Saint? I haven't really seen it anywhere and am working on a project.

10. everlyn

i choose st Anthony to pray for me my realtionship is broken am soo down...i feel stressed ,i have no peace and hapiness in my life...please pray for the restoration of that restoration of my relationship with jotham,bind us once more ro love each other again.i have faith that my need will be granted through your intercession.

11. Mark

Dear St. Anthony,

Please hear my pleas and then like our savior, Jesus Christ, be merciful and itntercede for me.
    I am a sinner and have done great wrongs; but, I pray that you and all the angels and saints and all our brothers and sisters in Christ along with Mary our spiritual mother, might intercede for me.
    Ask our lord and savior to forgive me my sins, to be merciful and deliver me from my dealings with the government, mercy with my failing business, mercy in matters of love both corpreally and spiritually, mercy in my health, mercy for my family and friends, mercy for my enemies, all who I have ever offended and all who wish me harm or ill will rightfully or otherwise. And mercy for all who pray for me in the loving way Jesus taught us to.
    And I pray for all of these as well.
    As I carry your relic with me, inspire me to preach the gospel of Christ and to walk the path God has chosen, with all the surety with which you preached as well.
    All this I pray in the name of God the Father, Jesus Christ the son and the Holy Spirit, AMEN.

May God bless you all and peace be ever with you.

12. vincent

please St. Anthoney, please help me with this great struggle I am dealing with. Help me to able to overlook and keep my thoughts to myself and my words sealed , please please help me for my feelings for a particular person

13. Carrie

With deepest off most felt regards, at the most highest off level, please allow my very conscious, the highest off most sincerest off, and greatest off endeavors at the highest off invites.

Please only allow my highest off conscious the most highest off dignified right to only the greatest off endeavors, at this time.

Please only allow the most highest off deep felt regards, with dearest off most sincerity

14. Daniel C Lansing

Hello: There is another church that is named after St. Anthony of Padua also known as the Smallest church in the World, CHAPEL OF ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA – Festina, Iowa.

You are here: Home / Northeast / CHAPEL OF ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA – Festina, Iowa
    CHAPEL OF ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA – Festina, Iowa
    ByTravel Writer6 Comments

chapel.jpg CHAPEL OF ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA – Festina, Iowa

This chapel is known as the “world’s smallest church.” It was built in 1885 and measures fourteen feet by twenty feet. The belfry is forty feet high.

Constructed of stones quarried at Snake Hollow, Joseph Spielman donated $20 toward a bell and Johann Gaertner, then 92 years of age, donated $75 to pay for the wood used in building the chapel. Frank Joseph Huber and his wife, Mary Ann, paid the balance. The chapel dedication took place in 1886.

On June 27, 1887, Johann Gaertner died, and on Nov. 23, 1887, Frank Joseph Huber died. Mary Ann carried along the work of maintaining the chapel. In 1888 she had the vestibule added on the Chapel with a belfry 40 feet high. In 1903, stained glass windows were installed, donated by Mary Ann Huber.

The chapel proper is 14′ by 20′, the belfry is 40 feet high, and it seats 8 people. The F. J. Huber family maintained it until the summer of 1924, when St. Anthony’s Chapel Association, composed of 65 grandchildren of Marie Anna Huber, was formed for the purpose of maintaining it.

The church is currently a mission of " Our Lady of Seven Dolors" Church of Festina, Iowa, and is kept up by the living family members of Johann Gaertner and Frank Joseph Huber. Each year, on the Sunday closest to June 13, the feast of St. Anthony of Padua mass is offered on its miniature altar.

15. donna

oh dear st anthony I pray for your inercesion for the prayers ive been praying for years. so much grief, loss, fear and worry has plagued me. more sad news of serious illness of my dear friend. please heal her.a healing needed for my sons father, health, healing, financial blessing and family restoration needed for my brother and depression lifted from my family including myself. my faith is with you and my God and blessed Jesus to protect my son and family in all things. those who have left us to illness, my mother, father sister and brother and others, I pray for their watchful eyes over us and that they be kept in Gods perfect peace in the Kingdom of heaven where there is no suffering, sickness or worry. bless us here with joy and peace untill we all meet again.I give God and Jesus the glory

16. Julie

Thank you St Anothony!!! A year ago my Dad was told he had prostate cancer. I prayed
    a Novena to St Anthony and prayed for his help. My Dad has just learned after much treatment that he is clear of the cancer!! Thank you St Anthony!!

17. Tara

Dear st Anthony thank you for answering my family & I prayers, faith moves mountains... Today in my garden I was picking up pieces of plastic from windy night one hit me on the right eye above brow I'm in pain please pray it will stop & I will be ok again, slal j have deep concerns about my daughters father please pray he examines his thoughts & shows remorse for what he did & leaves us in piece & respects what we want also that I get a new job soon this month that supports us with bills etc & pay to st Anthony's bread box every week... If I win on my prize bonds I promise I will feed & help the sick give back what's gave to me... Lord hear us, I'm so grateful to you sg Anthony please whisper my intentions to the infant Jesus & as always I'm faithful to you. Thank you for praying for me. & my daughter x

18. dhanushka

I am thanking to the st Antony because when i am praying every time you listing to me.every thing you...of our life...this year i am requesting you please be a coordinator of our life until die us.thanks a lot for engage my dilini to my life...no words for thinking to you my St Antony...AMEN

19. Maria

Prayer Request
    I as Widow going through a lot of problems, stress, financial, Health, fears, no peace always full of diffculties
    My Son Job, Health, Fears, Problems what he is facing for not been paid for very long time.
    My Family n my Brother N Sisters n the whole World to keep us in prayers at all times
    Tks n God Bless

20. John Alexander

I have prayed to St. Anthony many times after I've exhausted all mundane ways of finding something and every time I have found what I was looking for, usually in plain site or so it seems.
    I remember when I was going for my confirmation my mother really wanted me to choose St. Anthony for my Patron Saint, but I being quite patriotic chose St. Andrew instead.
    As far as I know I cannot change this, and does it really matter as I can still pray to St. Anthony when I need his help which comes from God.