St. Margaret of Cortona Comments

Margaret of Cortona, penitent, was born in Loviana in Tuscany in 1247. Her father was a small farmer. Margaret's mother died when she was seven years old. Her stepmother had little care for her high-spirited daughter. Rejected at home, Margaret eloped with a youth from Montepulciano and bore him a son out of wedlock. After nine years, her lover was murdered without warning. Margaret left Montpulciano and returned as a penitent to her ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    7 months ago

St. Margret of Cortona, God seems to be very far away from me; or still I am far away from God!!! Please do remember me in your prayers.

2. field marshal general chairman usnf ******
    8 months ago

23rd feb 2014:st margaret of cortona tosf pray for us.

3. Ray
    8 months ago

St Margaret, Please pray for me that I may become a sincere penitent like you and follow Jesus closely without hesitation. Thank you.

4. Diane
    8 months ago

St. Margaret of Cortona, please intercede on behalf of my daughter. A number of the unfortunate situations from your life's story are unfolding in hers, and I am asking for you to help her to be safe, to stop cutting, to stop allowing herself to be used by men and being tempted to turn in the direction of promiscuity because that's what she thinks she's supposed to do. She is 17 and wants to leave home to be with a boyfriend who doesn't display forthright character and doesn't care about her well-being. Please...intercede with what's best and right and good, so that she will not get hurt, so that she will overcome all of her mental and emotional struggles, so that she will find peace, joy, comfort, and God. PLEASE act as QUICKLY as possible, her situation is becoming precarious. Thankyou.

5. Mary
    8 months ago

St. Margaret Cortona please pray for my unborn baby, that he or she may be healthy and live to see gods light through baptism.

6. esieffe
    8 months ago

Dear Saint Margherita please intercede for myself, and my alcoholic relative. We are all about to be thrown out of our house through foreclosure. I have aspergers and cannot afford to pay for decent housing on my own.

Please help us to keep this shelter or provide shelter and allow me to keep my job and keep my reliable transportation. Please pray to the Lord that we might receive this help. I just don't know what we will do if they throw all of us out on the street with our belongings, which if they are still in my house at the time of the eviction, they can keep and sell according to the laws of my state.
    Thank you.

7. Eustace

St Margaret of Cortona, you are met rejection from your mother in law and you managed your way through and you came to know our Lord Jesus Christ, Pray for all people who are currently homeless, orphaned , and the people who are insane, especially my young nephew who is insane, pray for Alvin that he may heal from his current state and become a reasonable citizen. i ask these request prayers through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

8. EGOLUM GABRIEL

It is amazing how a sinner can suddenly change and become a saint. Dear St Margaret, help us to see the events in our lives as means of answering God's call. Please assist us to discover God's purpose for our lives and be able to accomplish it through Christ our Lord. Amen!

9. Robin Springer

Thank you for being our patron saint, for the causes you pray for. Please also look after the people in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco CA, many souls out here in need of your thoughts & help. Thank you & blessings to all-
    Amen

10. general unknown anonymous usmc ****

st margaret of cortona pray for us!

11. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Enable us to be penitent for the heinous sins we have committed. Pray for us that we with the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ will be able to overcome temptations of the flesh and bear witness to our Beloved God, the Father. Amen.

12. Joseph Mathew

St. Margret of Cortona, please pray for me, tobe guided by the Holy Spirit in whatever I say or do.

13. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he finds peace and the right path, for his mother that the doctors can slow the dementia, and for all cancer patients that we deal with the disease with grace and dignity. Thank you..

14. Robert Burford

I too am obese. I have lost 4 lbs since lent started. St Margaret please help me to continue after lent is over.

15. Jp Talty

I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this feast day!!! Go saint Margaret of Cortona.

16. John

Please Saint Margaret pray for me. The fight with temptation has overcome me many times, pray that I may be able to get back up and fight it off.

17. Gabriela

O dear saint margret, please help the obese like myself and all the people in the world, please help the poor, the homeless, the sick, the sinners to penance like you did, please ask the divine Jesus my special request if it be divine will. Amen ...GOD BLESS EVERYONE

18. Sheena Kochon

Dear Saint Margret of Cortona, I hope you will accept to be my patron saint. I ask if you can please pray for me to our Heavenly Father. I need help with perseverance and purity. Please pray to God that He grants me the grace to be strong in avoiding temptations and for me and my partner to follow God's will for us and to persevere against temptations. I want to follow our Lord the way you did by doing penance please pray for me to follow Jesus our Lord.
    Thank you, you are such an inspiration.

Sincerely,
    Sheena Kochon

19. Gabriela

Please St. Margaret of Cortona intercede for Antonio that he may overcome temptations of the flesh. Thank you.

20. Alfredo Simonelli

I would like to receive the saint on the day. Through my e-mail please.