St. Anthony the Abbot Comments

Two Greek philosophers ventured out into the Egyptian desert to the mountain where Anthony lived. When they got there, Anthony asked them why they had come to talk to such a foolish man? He had reason to say that -- they saw before them a man who wore a skin, who refused to bathe, who lived on bread and water. They were Greek, the world's most admired civilization, and Anthony was Egyptian, a member of a conquered nation. They were philosophers, ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    6 months ago

St. Anthony the Great, You were a living example of what 'Faith' really is! Please continue to remember us in your prayers.

2. Christopher Antony
    6 months ago

St Anthony great saint
    Please pray for me and my family friends
    I ask you for help as i head till New York for 3 months
    I pray in great faith i ask for Gods Blessing
    Amen

3. waithiraa
    6 months ago

St Anthony intercede for me to love and imitate Jesus like you did.

4. Sandi

St. Anthony, my brother, thank you for all the times you pray with me. I love that beautiful spirit you have that wanted another crack at the demons when your friends tried to revive you. You are, in such a personal and special way, not only my favored patron, but very much part of my closest family. Thank you for all the times, countless times, you have interceded for me. It's no small coincidence that your feast day is my birthday. I kew you chose me for lifelong companionship, and now I have learned so many more things about you that I didn't know before. I recognize your promptings, and I thank my Lord for sending you to be the kind of brother I never had. Thank you for watching over me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for your wisdom, strength, and comfort in times of great affliction. Now can you teach me to enter into some of that silence you were known for. My gift of gab is probably the thing that makes me scratch my head most. We have more in common than my biological siblings. Help them to love God, St. Anthony. I didn't realize you liked solitude so much, since you always accompany me. Thank you for your very personal care over me, and helping me to desire God more, and battle through the temptations. I love you St. Anthony. I really look forward to your greeting when I get there. Pray for me, and I will give you my prayers for your intentions. Use them as you always have - generously and lavishly on all who call upon you for help and protection. Pray for me, my brother, and tell Our Mother what I told you. She'll know what I mean. Send my love to all, and kiss Jesus's wounds for me. Going to sleep. See you tomorrow. Love, your sister and devoted friend.

5. Linda

Blessed be to God,for giving us ST Anthony......

6. jennifer gelderbloem

Thank you for sharing this wonderful insight into the life of one so holy... St Anthony the abbot. I've got still a long way to go in conquering the demons of pride, impatience and selfishness. Good St Anthony, Please pray that I can overcome... to honour HIM and HIS HOLY MOTHER.

7. marlene s

st. anthony, i am so glad i have learned of you today is your day GOD PLEASE HELP ME TO LEARN FROM ST. ANTHONY I AM SO WEAK YET I WANT TO DO GODS WILL HELP ME TO BE STRONG IN FAith and always have my lord in my mind constantly. also will you help my son joshua in prison give him strength of our lord to seek jesus christ thank you god for showing me st, anthony of the desert.

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Anthony, please pray for me regarding the conduct of my relationship with the outside world, which gives more importance to money than God.

9. DINA SALAHY

ST ANTHONY HAPPY FEAST DAY
    PLEASE PROTECT MY LITLE FAMILY AND OPEN MY HEART MORE AND MORE TO LOVE JESUS AND GOD AND THE HOLLY SPIRIT
    PLEASE PUT YOUR HAND IN MY OFFICE AND GIVE US ALL THE GRACES
    AND TAKE CARE OF MY MOM AND TELL JESUS SHE IS SO GOD AND SWEET AND SHE LOVES HIM SOOOOOOOOOO . LET JESUS AND HIS MOTHER TAKE CARE OF HER.

10. Mona

P;ease praay for Jacob that he finds the righ path and peace for his mother that the doctors can slow the progression of her disease, nd for all cancer patients that we deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

11. general usmc acmf sas usnf ****

17th jan 2013 thursday:st anthony abbot hermit pray for us!

12. Christopher Antony

St.Anthony please please pray for me and my family
    God bless us all
    Amen

13. Nancy

St. Anthony, please prary for my son who is named after you to improve in his school grades which is as at now are very poor. He is very prayfull and he visits the adoration chapel when they are on holiday every sunday. I am very concern about this. Guide him to emulate your example. He has some good traits which I believe has taken after you. Thank you St. Anthony.

14. ANTONY O.

St. Antony I know you can intercede to our Lord Jesus, for the healing of my farther from cancer, and also help me pray for all those who are suffering from cancer and those in danger of going to hell because of their sins

15. Anne

Dear St. Anthony, please open the gates of heaven to admit my brother Anthony who passed away today, he was a good man, kind, spiritual, always honoring his commitment to his wonderful family and serving God to the best of his abilities. Please have mercy on us & help us to continue to imitate Jesus in our daily lives, Amen

16. n

Dear St. Anthony the Abbot, patron saint of
    silence, prayer and meditation
    to hear the Lord direction
    toward life's work.
    Pray for us

17. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Antony, You revealed to us what real faith is; more so it is like the river that flows out from the 'Tree of Life'. First it is 'ankle deep'; then 'knee deep' and finally it engulfs the whole person! Please pray for me to be perseverent in faith unlike the weed that flutters according to the wind.

18. Stella Machado

Dear St. Anthony by your great piety and devotion to God you have taught us many spiritual insights especially to give up all the vain riches of this earth and to look for heavenly treasures in God alone can we find it. Dear St. Anthony please pray for us....

19. Nany

St. Anthony the Abbotp pray for us to god to help us in our dark hours AMEN

20. Gaby

St. Anthony, just as you were tempted by the devil we too are tempted. Please intercede for me in prayer for my friend, Anthony. He suffers from anxiety, depression, and carnal desires. Please join me in prayer that he will resist the devil and like you rely on Jesus' name to rid himself of strongholds. I pray for his safety and protection. Please pray for me as well that I will never lose my faith and that I will always rely on my Lord's strength.

Saint Anthony, you spoke of the importance of persevering in our faith and our practice. Help us to wake up each day with new zeal for the Christian life and a desire to take the next challenge instead of just sitting still. Amen