St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Hannah

St. Dymphna please help me overcome my anxiety for this personal issue. please fix it and help me be okay again. I need your help amen

2. chet bas

happy belated feast day St. Dymphna. please help my mom and i with our mental health. thank you

3. Kim

Dear St. Dymphna,

My daughter has a dual diagnosis of autism and ID (intellectual disability). She embraces her special needs and "loves her autism", she has such a pure heart and loving spirit. Please give me patience and understanding while we try to find ways to alleviate her severe anxiety. She desperately needs to find peace, her obsessing is beginning to take control of her life. She prays for help every night, please hear her prayers. Thank you St. Dymphna, In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.

4. A Richard Swamy

Dear Saint Dymphna, My sister’s granddaughter Steffi is suffering from mental retardation and she is 14 years old. Her head keeps shaking often and when we approached the doctors they said this can be cured only by God. Today God made me to come across your life and saint hood and to request you to pray for Steffi’s health.

5. Valerie

On your Feast Day, St. Dymphna, I ask you to help my son PJ overcome Autism. Please help us find ways to help him deal better with this disorder. We ask you in Jesus' name. Amen.

6. Steve

St. Dymphna, I ask daily for your intercession in prayers. You have comforted me in my anxieties so many times. Please, help me with my depression, fear, anxiety & doubts over this unemployment situation. Thank you for your help. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for us all.

7. Maureen Wilkie

St Dymphna i have already posted a prayer but still feel depressed and anxious moreso now as my husband has taken time off his work since my friends suicide. He must now return to work tomorrow on nightshift. I am so terrifed of this and moreso the following weeks dayshift i am having suicidal thoughts myself at times. Please come to my aid and help my mind recover i implore you.

8. Aimee

Dear Saint Dymphna- I suffer from severe anxiety, and epilepsy. I work as a caregiver for the developmentally disabled. As hard as I try, I do not feel that this is where I am meant to be. Please pray for my residents and me, and that I may also find the path that I am meant for. Amen.

9. Dymphna ike

ST. DYMPHNA

I Dymphna ans your name cos you are my patron saint, i want to be inspired by your example.i want yo , to help to intercede for my family.from every internal and external illness and i,my Dad from eye problem .please let him regain his sight also my mum ,siblings,and those that ask for intercession this month,i pray for great change from now till 15t may your feast day.our unborn babys, inspired me to a saint like you and the strength to be doing GODs will,and to inherite his kingdom, restore our blessing , power ,boldness, fire breakthrough.favour us.i ask this in JESUS AMEM!!!!(WONDER WORKER JESUS)!!!

10. bertels

dear st. dympha,

i am suffering now anxiety and panic attacks. i always pray to our Lord Jesus to heal this. pls st. dympha as you are the patron saint of this suffering, include my prayer in your prayer. thank you st. dympha.

11. Lina Price

Dear St. Dymphna:

Please interceed for my inner healing of depression and anxiety. I live a meaningless life filled with sadness, I live mostly in bed and pray that the Lord will listen to your prayers on my behalf. I'm afraid this three year depression when put me in a mental institution. I do not know where else to turn, dear St. Dymphna. My family suffers from not having their mother and wife available as a normal human being, I desperately want my life back, not this mere existence. Thank you for your prayers.

12. Joanna

Please Saint Dymphna...please watch over my 21 year old daughter who has multiple mental illnesses. She is a young mother and has been suffering from this affliction for around 6 years. Please help her find the strength to hold herself together for her daughter's sake and that of our family. She can be very full of rage and violence. I pray for your help and guidance to help her return to a functional person who can take good care of her child. I ask this in your name. Amen.

13. Lorna

Dear St. Dymphna,
    Please intercede with healing for my 30 yr. old daughter who is suffering from a severe mood disorder with phycosis. She has an 11 year old daughter who has suffered the effects of her disorder also. Please guide her doctors and therapists in her care, so they can come to a complete and acurate diagnosis. Please pray for us (her family) who are trying to help her. Give us understanding and patience to endure this illness, and guide her also to what is best for her.
    In Jesus Name Amen.

14. Greg

Please Saint Dymphna, I have Bipolar Disorder and have studied Psychology to help those who I can help. I think thsi is God's will and pray daily.
    I thought God wanted me to work in this area, because of events in my life.
    I want to get a job counselling, and to complete my Psychology training, but as this is my second career my age seems to make this really difficult.
    I will accept God's will if I have got it wrong, but please pray for me. I really thought I had received a call. I really think I have a lot to give.

15. Michael

Saint Dymphna please hear my prayers and interceade for me and help heal me and take away my pain.

16. Y

Dear St. Dymphna, I pray for your intercession in healing my brother who is suffering from Paranoid Personality Disorder. Please take away his anxiety, his paranoia, his evil thoughts and violent tendencies. Please do not allow him to lay a finger on our mother just like he said he would. Calm him and teach him to be kind.

I would also like to pray that you keep our mother safe and sound ALWAYS. Please give her (and our family) the strength and courage to deal with this problem.

Amen.

17. Sherry

Saint Dymphna, I ask in your gentle mercy, to intercede through prayer for my son Andrew who suffers from great anxiety during school. It has gotten worse in the past two weeks and I ask that the staff at his school are moved to help him in his difficulties there.

18. Richard

I have been praying for my step daughter for the last 2 years. She is 45 years old and has been suffering from severe mental disorders for the last 6 years.. She has both good days and very bad days. She suffers from depression, extreme verbal outbursts, and PTSS. I have known about St. Dymphna for many years, but have only began praying to her recently. ST. DYMPHNA, please hear my prays for her.

19. astrid

st dymphna, please help me to ask to the lord so that my fiance will be able to overcome his anxiety, depression, and obsession, and may peace of the lord stays in him and help him to be a better man to fulfill the lord's plan in him. amen

20. ande

Dear St Dymphna, please help my friend Laurie who is overwrought, and suffering physical illness from way too much stress in her life. Bring her peace and strength to help her avoid a nervous breakdown. Thank you so much.