St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Diane
    11 months ago

Recently I found a medal in my jewelry box. I put it on a chain and today searched the name of the Saint. I have suffered from depression and anxiety (sober for many years) and believe in Jesus Christ as my salvation through God. Monday was the first day I wore the medal and for some reason I have had very little anxiety, I have a calm sense of peace that has settled over me. I am reading a book "The Book of all Comfort". I feel as though there has been a spiritual experience within. Both the book and the medal came into my possession unknown ways. Miracle? I think so. Peace Diane

2. J

St. Dymphna, please intercede so my anxiety is lifted.

3. Lissy

Please give me strength to overcome my anxiety. I've dealt with general anxiety for a while and it's taken so much energy for me to make it through things. Please help me, heal me, pray for me, and be there for me St. Dymphna. I'm going up to our vacation house in a little while and I am so anxious about that and stepping so far out of routine. Please help me while I'm there and the lead up to it. Please don't let me panic on the way up either.

4. vicky

Sweet Saint,

I ask, pray and entreat you help for all of these souls who suffer from these afflictions. I ask that you please ask our Lord Jesus Christ and Savior to have mercy on my soul and heal me. I know that only our Savior can truly heal us and give us peace. I ask for forgiveness for losing my strength and faith and looking to other sources for help and healing. Every time I have remained steadfast in my faith the Lord has helped me and lifted me up and out of my struggles. Please do not allow all of this suffering to be in vain. Please heal me completely and help me to fulfill my dream of helping others. Please help, heal and comfort families that suffer so much as a result of these afflictions. Please pray for us and give calm our minds, souls and hearts. In Jesus's name I pray.

Amen..

5. Liss

Thank you for being with me. I ask for your guidance at the stampede, and the first week of august when I go to our vacation house. Please help me overcome my anxiety St. Dymphyna. Amen.

6. Theresa

Prayers for our daughter who has lived as a disabled person all her life and still suffers every day from many things.

7. Renee

Dear St Dymphna
    I ask you to pray for my husband who sufffers from depression and anxiety. We have tried every possible drug, doctor and counselor we can think of for the past two years. We are at a loss of where to go next. I am turning to you to please help him to open his heart and ask for God's healing and know that he is worthy of his healing hands. Amen

8. RCS

Pray for me please. OCD, separation anxiety, social anxiety, depression, EDNOS, selfharm, etc. Please please help me. I am so alone.

9. may

pray for my friend who suffers depression and paganism

10. RKF

In Jesus name please St Dymphna please hear my pray for my daughter mental problem that is causing her to make bad choices. Please clear her head so that she can start doing things that are best for her and her future and not lean toward the bad. Please in jesus name clear her head so that she can start thinking clearly and make better choices in life and love. We did everything well can do I place this in your hand, In jesus name I pray

11. BB

Saint Dymphna,

Graciously intercede for all those who have posted their requests here. Please also ask Jesus and the Blessed Virgin to lift the horrible depression and lack of self worth that keeps me from feeling like a beloved daughter of God. Please help all sufferers of bipolar disorder and those who love and care for them.

St. Michael the Archangel, if this is not only a medical disease but an attack of the enemy, I beg you: Defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray. And do though, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

12. Lis

Please help me St. Dymphna to overcome my anxiety. Please don't let me get weak, dizzy, panicky, nervous, or worry about things that haven't happened yet. Please help me especially before & during sporting events and when I go to unfamiliar places/places I haven't been in a while. I ask this through your name. Amen.

13. sjp

St. Dypmhna

Please help me be able to feel good about myself. I am suffering from severe anxiety now and can not trust anyone that compliments or praises me. I do thank you for your intercessions on my night terrors and my panic attacks. I just want to feel normal and whole again. Please pray that i can have normal relationships and normal attitudes and not suspect everyone. Hail Mary ......

14. Cheryl moynahan

Saint Dymphna, I pray to you that my son Kevin be guided from mental illness. Through your intercession may he find peace and be healed. Dear Father hear our prayer, Amen

15. Kathy

Dear St. Dympha,
    Please intecede on behalf of my daughter who is suffering from severe depression. May she find healing and peace.
    Amen

16. Grace

Dear St. Dymphna please intercede on behalf of my mother who suffers with anxiety and terrible depression. Thank you.

17. Joseph Mathew

St. Dyphna, patron saint of mentally afflicted persons, please pray for us.

18. general unknown anonymous ****

16th may 2013:st dymphna pray for us!

19. Maria

Thanks be to God for this site. I pray that St. Dymphna will intercede for my dear adult daughter, AER, who is suffering terribly from bi-polar disorder and eating disorder. My prayers also go to mothers who suffer the pain of feeling helpless with sons or daughters who have mental disorders. Please Dear God, through the intercession of St. Dymphna, grant healing and peace to our children. We want them to live in Your Peace, O God, and not under the influence of these demons. For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have Mercy on us and on our children. Amen.

20. chet bas

happy feast day St. Dymphna. please help us with our mental issues. thank you