St. Dymphna Comments

Dymphna was fourteen when her mother died. Damon is said to have been afflicted with a mental illness, brought on by his grief. He sent messengers throughout his town and other lands to find some woman of noble birth, resembling his wife, who would be willing to marry him. When none could be found, his evil advisers told him to marry his own daughter. Dymphna fled from her castle together with St. Gerebran, her confessor and two other friends. ... Continue Reading

1. Joshua

St. Dymphna, please watch and protect me. I ask most gracious St. that you intercede on my behalf to Jesus and Mary our most holy queen. I have had lots of anxiety, worry and the feeling of illness. I ask that you pray that I may be brought peace to my mind body and spirit. Help me overcome these worries that I may continue to live and serve our lord and savior Jesus Christ.....In God's Holy name AMEN.

2. Joanne

Please Saint Dymphna intercede on my behalf, theres alot of anxiety and worry. Prayers help really.

3. Nick

Please intercede on my behalf. I suffer from ADHD and anxiety. It is weighing heavily on my heart and mind. Help me to overcome these ailments and to live a meaningful life free of the weight of my mental illnesses. They hurt those I love the most and they keep me from realizing my potential in so many ways.

4. Jennifer

Dear St. Dympha, please watch over my sweet husband, I ask you to intercede on his behalf. I pray for peace and healing from his anxiety and depression. I ask this in God's name. Amen.

5. Martha

Dear St. Dyphna please intercede on behalf of my sister-in law Marianne. Her depression has become so debilitating and consuming that her life is filled with nothing but fear and anxiety. My brother loves her so much, he does everything within his power to help her, but he feels lost. Medication doesn't seem to work anymore. St. Dyphna please help her. Please bring her the peace she so deserves. In God's name. Amen

6. Katie

Dear beloved St. Dymphna,
    Please help to bring peace to my family. Help my brothers to come to the 1 and only God whom you loved. Let me be at peace with my sister and please ask Mary and Jesus to heal my Mother. I cannot imagine life without her. Please all who read this please say a prayer for her and me.

7. Clara

St. Dymphna, Please intercede here for my sister on Cléa Eliana who is of Nervous Disorders. Help and please help Cléa Eliana with his emotional problems. I believe in your intercession through God. (Brasil, Rio de Janeiro) (I am not speak inglês, i have very dificult). Obrigada.

8. amh

I have epilepsy myself. I find this story very interesting that people can be cured of their illness by just visiting her burialsite. awesome. makes my want to go to Belgium!

9. Gaby

I wish I had heard of St. Dymphna before. She would had helped my 16 year old niece with her suicidal thoughts.

10. Elise

St. Dymphna is an excellent saint! I am totally picking her for my saint report!!! SHE'S AWESOME!

11. Pam

I am Bi Polar and St. Dymphna has been with me through all the rough times. I believe she was sent to me, to give me strength and hope!

12. Alexis

I am a kid and love St.Dymphna i have to do a report on her i though she was beautiful and has a very interesting story or life!!
    I really enjoy her story and sometimes i luagh about the head cut off.....
    yup BYE!

13. Doug

Saint Dymphna loving saint of those suffering mental illness please go to God today and pray for my healing. I suffer from much depression and anxiety and have done so for a long time. Appeal to God's unfathomable love for me and His compassion for me in my deep suffering that He--through His precious and great power and love--heal me of my mental afflications and give me His precious peace. Amen.

14. Jane

Dearest St. Dymphna, Please help me to help my loving husband of 26 years, my soul mate, my best friend who suffers from bipoalr disorder and is in a manic state. Please help him regain his loving nature and make him see the love I have for him. Help him rebuke the demons inside his head that conspire to ruin our marriage. Please guide him back home to his loving wife and adoring daugther. Help him forgive each of our failings and grant us peace together. Please help others find the compassion and understanding that is needed to forgive the indiscretions of the mentally afflicted, including my husband. Amen.

15. Marcia Hodas

Dear Saint Dymphna,
    Please help me with my Panic and anxiety which I suffer from 24 hours a day 7 days a week, I pray that my Family stays safe and healthy in our home.
    Marcia Hodas

16. Marcia Hodas

Dear Saint Dymphna,
    Please Help my son Michael Hodas who suffers from mental illness, He is on medication, and I pray for his health and safety everyday.
    Thank You!
    Marcia Hodas

17. Bob L

I truly believe that I would not be alive today if it were not for St. Daphna

18. Amy Villanueva

Does she help the depressed and suicidal?

19. Marigold

I admire her. She ran away to stay pure, to keep her commitment to God. And if your imagination is running wild and you are thinking things you don't mean to, pray to her. She will help. She will comfort you.

20. J

St Dymphna my mother i think is suffering from some type of mental depression and is always angry she went on a trip and hope you can help her stay normal with the people she is with and let go and enjoy herself and see that shes not alone since the death of my father and not to be difficult and think that everyone is agaist her please pray for her and help her shes always fighting with everyone and people are getting tired of her she needs your help guide her and help her enjoy this vacation she needs it since the death of my father AMEN