St. Dorothy Comments

According to her apochryphal tradition, she was a resident of Caesarea, Cappadocia, who when she refused to sacrifice to the gods during Emperor Diocletian's persecution of the Christians, was tortured by the governor and ordered executed. On the way to the place of execution, she met a young lawyer, Theophilus, who mockingly asked her to send him fruits from "the garden" she had joyously announced she would soon be in. When she ... Continue Reading

1. Dorothy
    8 months ago

I am so happy for today,i was always contemplating if dorothy was a saint or not bt thank God she was, at least am happy dat am named after a saint,my dear st dorothy always draw me closer to u so dat i ll emulate ur mode of life by sticking to God always no matter the circumstances AMEN.

2. Dorothy Smart

I thank God for this site. I just know about the saint I'm named after for many years now. Dear St. Dorothy assist me in my spiritual life and continue to intercede for my entire family. I love you with your courage.

3. Dorothy

My parents named me after St. Dorothy because I was born on the 6th of February. My father did not know anything about her. There was an urgent need to register my name after I was born. My parents did not pick any girls names because they thought I was going to be a boy. My father looked on that calendar that day and found out that it was a St. Dorothy's day in France. How exciting. I pray that she would intercede in my needs and bring blessings and joy to my family and loved ones through the Holy Spirity.

4. dorothy

Saint Dorothy my patron saint pray for me in all my needs and neccessities especially my job, my husband, my children, and the entire family. i adore you please remember me in all your prayers

5. BAILEY

I LOVE HER CUZ SHE IS NAMED BY MY GREAT GRANDMOTHERS NAME ISNT THAT FRICKEN AWESOME

6. love

i luv this saint she is pretty

7. ada

Ilove u saint intercede for my family and i

8. DOROTEA.

For the very first time in my life at 39yrs of age am reading about the life of saint dorothy who am named after as she is in heaven i pray that she may intervene for me now till we meet at home in the heavenly kingdom.I thank the most Holy SPIRIT for the guidance to browse this site. It is a blessing to me today.

9. Dorothy

My birthday is the 6th February. My parents didn't know anything about St. Dorothy when they named me. They named me after a nice little firl in the neighborhood named Dorothy.
    I believe this coincidence is a sign she and I are meant for each other. I hope she will think of me in a similar way.

10. dorothy

i love u saint

11. nadia chavez

MY FAVE SAINT IS SAINT DOROTHY

12. rach13

wen did she die???

13. Dorothy

Oh sweet Saint Dorothy,always be by my side and help me in all that i do in this life and lead me to our Fathers' home. You are a gift frome God and my mother.I love you.

14. Scott C

My mother, Dorothy.
    Gift of God.
    Dorothy's Song.
    Saint Dorothy.
    I love you forever, Mom...

15. gingerlover<3

to my fellow ginger around the globe!........ is this a good saint to reserch for a confrimation report????

16. ginger300

is saint. Dorothy interesting to do a report on???

17. Andrea

Dorothy was my grandma's name and that's why i chose St Dorothy for my confirmation saint

18. stephanie

im doing a report saint Dorothy for my confirmation class and wow the things she did were so powerful! if that was me i would be soooo scared because of leaving my loved ones but knowing your going to Heaven for all your works! :)

19. Kelly

she is my confirmation st

20. Hanna

she's a really good choice for my project!! yeah!