St. David Comments

According to tradition, St. David was the son of King Sant of South Wales and St. Non. He was ordained a priest and later studied under St. Paulinus. Later, he was involved in missionary work and founded a number of monasteries. The monastery he founded at Menevia in Southwestern Wales was noted for extreme asceticism. David and his monks drank neither wine nor beer - only water - while putting in a full day of heavy manual labor and intense ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    7 months ago

St. David of Wales, please pray for me to be imbued with the strength to carry the crosses of my day to day life.

2. AMEN
    8 months ago

what can you learn from his life as a saint and that is a model for you as a disciple of jesus crist

3. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Pray for the protection and authority of the Church on Earth through the power of the Holy Spirit and under the patronage of Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Beloved Mother. Let the Church be filled with the Holy Spirit that She should be producing more and more saints for Heaven and lead all her faithfuls to Heaven. Let no power on Earth ever think of harming her even in their thought. Amen.

4. Mona

Please pray for Jacob that he fiinds peace and the right path, for he mother that the doctors can slow the progresson of her dementia, for all cancer patients that we deal with our disease with grace and dignity. Thank you.

5. Joseph Mathew

St. David, please continue to pray for us and for our children who are now abroad, and are pursuing their studies.

6. general unknown anonymous ruler ****

1st march 2013:st david pray for us!

7. Julius Chirchir

St. David intercede for us so that we may be strong in faith as you, in prayer and sacrifice for the salvation of souls. Amen

8. Russell

St.David i pray for you and please pray for me

p.s. Billy says your awesome

9. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. David, please pray for me.

10. Tami

St. David I have to pass a physical assessment today in order for me to gain employment. Please keep my nerves calm and my blood pressure in check. Thank you

11. christie

Dear St. David, patron saint of Wales, I thank God for giving you as an example of one who practised self-denial, one who courageously fought a terrible heresy and one who gave wonderful spiritual leadership through your example. I would like to devote my Lenten season to good works of charity and prayer. Dear St. David, I praise God for the last years of my mother's life which gave her the chance to speak to us in many words of spiritual advice, particularly the Holy Eucharist. Her journey was ours also. May Victoria now rest in the bosom of Our Lord, may she be received by angels and saints. Also may I ask that she intercedes for us her children. I pray for all suffering children. Please St. David find a permanent cure for their sufferings. Amen.

12. Fr. David Rodriguez

Happy Feast to all those who bear the name DAVID! May St. David intercede in all your needs!
    Fr. David Rodriguez ocd

13. Steve

St. David, please pray for me. Thank you.

14. Mrs. Rene O'Riordan

Today is 29th February - it's a leap year - lol No Saint today? - Rene

15. believer

I was upset one night and wanted death. I was praying and I heard a voice say, "do you really want to die?" It sounded angry. I thought about it a long time then answered no. Out of no where the name David popped into my head. I knew it had to have been saint David. I looked him up and he was known of being warned of you death. Thank you for warning me and giving me a chance to change my mind David(:

16. Deborah Situma

Patron Of Wales

17. Joseph Mathew

Being a saint is the dream of this poor sinner and I hope to emulate the daily saints who achieved it in their eternal life!

18. Bob

It's a shame that in the 1960s and 70s more parents, schools and churches didn't work really hard in directing more young people into the religious life. There was just too much emphasis on the "me" and "freedom" issue. A whole generation of religious servants has been lost because of this self-directed influence. All you young people showing your enthusiasm now must also be willing to encourage your friends and family and eventually your children that the religious life is a rewarding life and has great celebration in the next life.

19. Martin

Known for spiritual leadership... Doesn't get much better than that!!! God bless all.

20. Cassandra

Amazing Story............ I love it :)