Sts. Joachim and Anne Comments

By tradition Joachim and Anne are considered to be the names of the parents of Mary, the Mother of God. We have no historical evidence, however, of any elements of their lives, including their names. Any stories about Mary's father and mother come to us through legend and tradition. We get the oldest story from a document called the Gospel of James, though in no way should this document be trusted to be factual, historical, or the Word of ... Continue Reading

1. christie

St. Anne and Joachim, grandparents of Jesus, I love you and wish your intercession for my life as a grandmother. I desire to follow your example, for what we know is the way you raised Mary. Mother Mary treasured God' presence in her life, She journeyed with Jesus on His passion of the Cross. She stood at the foot of the cross when Jesus surrendered His life. Dear grandparents of Jesus, pray for us to be good examples to our grandchildren, to give them time more than presents. To teach them prayers. Amen.

2. chet bas

happy feast day St. Anne and St Joachim. please help my mom, grandpa and i in our turbulent times

3. JOACHIM CHUKWUDI

ST.JOACHIM IS MY PATRON SAINT .I LOVE HIM. ST.JOACHIM HAS BEEN HELPING ME IN MY VOCATION TO RELIGIOUS LIFE.
    THANKS

4. joseph prem kumar

Dear Sts. Joachim & Anne, please pray for us to be good parents like you. Pls pray for all our needs and to be in christ always. Praise the Lord & all glory to God for the wonders he has done in our life.Amen!!

5. fr. John Britto sac

Ss. Anne and Joachim, Please pray for my family and esp. for my sister in law who is expecting her first born in september. Thanks. Love.

6. Nisha.s

I've been assigned with the duty of delivering a message for St.Ann's day.Pls help me to have one

7. Suresh JOshi

can any one send me a song on feast day celebration in school , we have celebration on 26th may . and have to prepare my students . a simple and melodious feast day celebration song

8. tissy

i love this couple- ANNA AND JOACHiM and respect them. in my family life i imitate them and i pray to them daily.

9. Jennifer

Thank you St Anne for interceding for me. I love you.

10. bernie

how amazingly priviledged am i to be even considering posting this comment about the parents of the blessed virgin mary . i am not familar wit a computer but it has given me the opportunity to google the question about marys parents . bless my beautiful wife jan , my children grand children and their spouses .my faith gathers my intrigue as to the question of saints anne and joachim and now i know . iwill always be able pray to ane and joachim now with confidence and the most unbelievable answer to all of this curiousness is that jesus christ the most blessed lord on high placed all of these glorious situations long before time began to save us sinners ....... all just to die on the cross so we can be with him forever in heaven. alllleluiah bernie

11. BA

St. Anne: Thank you for your intercessions, I found a job recently.

12. Sue Vog

I am a parent of a deployed soldier. My son, wife and 2 boys have experienced alot of hardships in the past 6 months. I am the soldiers mom and I have been unemployeed for almost 2 yrs so I haven't been able to do much to help since I am losing my house. I have tried to get several organizations to "adopt" the family but have been turned away. I have had several people say they would help just to have them fail to follow through. All I wanted was to get the boys bikes and maybe a few other gifts. I even pleeded with people to donate a $10 or $20 gift card to Wal-Mart to use to buy gifts but no one would even give $5. This is a soldier who is defending our country and is worried about getting gifts for his family but can't. I wish I could let him know not to worry because some kind and caring people made his wishes come true. I know it is late in the season, but is there anyone who still wishes to help. Whatever you can do would be greatly appreciated so very much. God bless you for giving to those who have nothing. Thank You Sue

13. allan stairs

I once wrote a note to the sainte-ann-de-beaupres magazine in which I told them that we should always keep saint Joachim and saint Ann together -- like God : we should never separate what God has joined together... making them, in fact, the supreme models for those who come together spiritually and physically in view of having a child. Saint Joachim and saint Ann are no doubt both equal in holiness : the Church of Rome always mentions Joachim first.

14. Beatriz Vergara Alvarez

St Anne, guide my children and my family.,thanks for having Mary on us..i always believed in you and in Mary your daughter. in Jesus name help us. amen

15. Thilaga Mary

I Thilaga request for prayer for my son Derrick Dass who is 27 years old he has been hurt by his father for always picking on him for little things he is so fed up,now he is staying on his own I pray for God's guidance to keep him safe, help him in his career, in health bless him with joy and keep him close to God.
    Thanking You in Jesus Name.
    ThilagaMary

16. priscilla

i need help i have this project on why we honor saint anne and why we celebrate her feast day .. help anyone ?

17. Joseph Rukeijakare

explain to me about these gospel writers. Gospel according to James Tomas and Peter

18. Elaine

Saint Anne is a very loving person as you can see in the story of saint anne and Mary those people are very similar. St Annes dedication to the church to god and to us is incredible.

19. Joseph Mathew

Dear Sts. Joachim & Anne, please pray for us to be good parents as you were, in bringing up our children, steadfast in faith and in love of God!

20. CHRISTINE

St.Anne,my namesake pray for me always