Sts. Joachim and Anne Comments

By tradition Joachim and Anne are considered to be the names of the parents of Mary, the Mother of God. We have no historical evidence, however, of any elements of their lives, including their names. Any stories about Mary's father and mother come to us through legend and tradition. We get the oldest story from a document called the Gospel of James, though in no way should this document be trusted to be factual, historical, or the Word of ... Continue Reading

1. Amy Pond
    1 month ago

i thought it was St Anna???

2. njoro
    8 months ago

Sts. Anne & Joachim, On your feast day I request your intercession for a faithful husband, Sacrament of Holy Matrimony and Fruit of the womb. Like you patiently trusted in God while you waited for the birth of our Holy Mother of Jesus may I too be patient and trust God will provide at the right time. Thank you.

3. Patricia Anne
    8 months ago

Saint Anne, please pray for me that i may be a good grandmother to my grandchildren like you were to our precious Lord, Jesus. Please help me to have a good relationship with my daughter and change her heart back to the good daughter i raised.

4. Joseph Mathew
    8 months ago

Sts. Joachim & Anne, Please pray for us to be model parents as you are.

5. Annie
    8 months ago

St. Annie, the mother of the blessed Virgin Mary, pray for me that i may find a good husband, have a happy marriage and live a life of faithfulness to God, also my family to be a family of prayer.

6. Dan Esponilla Dalac
    10 months ago

Saint Anne of Mauo or Santa Ana de Mauo is also the holy advocate of the rural town and fledgling parish of Victoria, Northern Samar which forms part of the Diocese of Catarman in Eastern Visayas, Philippines.

7. Carrie

Dearest off st. Joachim, Please with only most endurest off, kindness and heighest off only that off respect, my very off self has endured the very height, the most devestating off violate abuse and shock to my nervous system. I'm very shaken from shock, and overstated off overwhelming, off abuse at to great a height. My entire off self is quiet shaken from the quiet sudden again abuse, o my very off self. I'm a very frail young innocent off self, that has just been badly and deeply overcome by most saddened ignorance, at the best. Please with only most off humanized off kindness, please do send most deepened off healing, at the most. With off most sincerest off

8. Carrie

Kindly, only civilized off much humility Only with courage as a young civilian, With only kindness off courage Only a a "frail young innocent female" who has civil dignified rights as a Canadian. I've been "Violently Rape" and "devastating" rare forms off incents. With that off, other "painful torments" to a "young females life", that are rare and unspoken off, it takes much courage yet to write this. Only as a frail young "innocent female". I'm shaken, from "shock" to my central nervous system. Only with Civilized humanity, as an "innocent frail", young "discarded" innocence, off life, please do send my

9. fari

St Anne, please intercede for me so that my stepson finds a job and does his own things.

10. Carrie

Dearest off, St. Joachim and Anne, Only as a frail young innocent female who has civil dignified rights as a Canadian. I've been violently raped, as a {frail young innocent female}. I'm shaken, from shock to my central nervous system. Only as a Civilized humanitarian, and as an innocent frail, young discarded off female who can't fend for herself anymore.

Only with kindness please send my highest off soul, and frail heart, that off greatly needed deepest off highest healing, only at the very most. Please do send most required off genuine off highest off, Only a a frail young innocent female who has civil dignified rights as a Canadian. I've been descarded off and raped, as a {frail young innocent female}.

I'm shaken, from shock to my central nervous system. All I've asked off this board is humanity. Only as civilized humanitarian, as an innocent frail, young discarded off female who can't fend for herself anymore.

please send my frail heart, highest off healing, at the very most. The pain is felt intensely throughout my frail heart, nervous system, as a result off the pain. Please do send much kindness off healing at all levels. Many off thanks, and Only with kindness off sincerest regards

11. BA

Thank you for your intercessions, I found a short term temporary job.. Please continue your intercession so that this temporary job will be a full time regular job. Thank you also for also for your intercession for my youngest sibling.

12. Kiana

Yay! My parents names are Joaquin and Ann... Very close!! :)

13. Cay Q

I have a set of beads - St. Anne's medal with her holding Jesus and then a bead and then 5 beads - a separate bead - 5 more beads - a separate bead and finally 5 more beads connected back up to the medal. In other words something akin to a miniature rosary.

I found it among my mother's effects when she died. No one that I know has a clue about what it represents. Would love an answer

14. Joachim Rubobo

Sainte famille prie pour ma famille

15. sandi D

Beautiful, Saint Ann, please, intercede for me, by blessing me, and my boyfriend to get married soon, and also for me to concieve healthy children with him, please! protect my relationship with my soon to be husband, and please! protect me and my family and my business as well,

16. evelyn

saint Anne @Joachim please intercede for my daughter seeking for emlpoyment and life partner

17. kathleen

Thank you dear St. Anne for interceeding for me. At the end of my novena to you, the large lump I was worried about has disappeared. My cancer is in remission. My son finally called me (after months and months of abandoning me) and my severe depression and desperation have lessened greatly. My recent lab work (tumor markers) entirely normal (abnormal in May 2012) but normal now. Thank you dear St. Anne. Will continue to go to the St. Anne Shrine in Fall River, Massachusetts to bring flowers, light candles, pray at your statue and give you my thanks and my devotion forever. You brought me back to my Catholic faith and for this too, I thank you and your most Blessed Daughter, The Virgin Mary. When all others abandoned me, Jesus was ALWAYS there. Always there, always listening, always understanding and always uncritical, always forgiving and always loving. He sees all my suffering, hears all my prayers - never deserts me. Will continue to pray the Rosary which has brought me comfort. Will do so daily. Will pray for all those who suffer and hope they will all find their way back to God.

18. Mary@42

Saints Joachim and Anna, pray for this, your foster daughter. By God's mysterious Providence my parents - on joining the infant Catholic Church in our Country Kenya - chose the baptismal names of Joachim and Anna. They had nine boys. Some lived for a few months or days, others were born dead such that in the end, they were left with three sons only. The on 1st October, 1938, the daughter they had longed for was born and they named me Mary. My birth was difficult because my mother had been in labour of one whole week. When she was taken to Hospital and the Doctor eventually came two days later and saw her condition, he told my father he had to operate on my mother immediately. She was very tired, had lost a lot of blood and the Doctor could hardly hear the baby's heart beat. So He told my Father he could save the mother and lose the baby or save the baby and lose the mother; but there was absolutely no hope of saving them both.

Well, my father, being a staunch Catholic, went to the nearby Church to pray as my mother was wheeled to the Theatre. When he came back, he found his wife very weak but still very much alive and a 13 lbs. baby girl, tired but quite healthy.

Oh Saints Joachim and Anna and your beloved Daughter, the Immaculate Virgin Mary, pray for me, my daughters and my grand-children, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

19. Joseph Mathew

Sts Joachim & Anne, please pray for us and our dear children.

20. carol

SAINT ANNA AND SAINT JOACHiM PLEASE PRAY FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND. PRAY FOR ME THAT I ABLE TO CONCEIVE AND PLEASE PRAY FOR US TO BE GOOD PARENT AS YOU WERE IN BRINGING UP OUR CHILDREN, STEADFAST IN FAITH AND IN LOVE OF GOD!