St. Bridget Comments

St. Bridget arrived in Ireland a few years after St. Patrick. Her father was an Irish lord named Duptace. As Bridget grew up, she became holier and more pious each day. She loved the poor and would often bring food and clothing to them. One day she gave away a whole pail of milk, and then began to worry about what her mother would say. She prayed to the Lord to make up for what she had given away. When she got home, her pail was full! ... Continue Reading

1. JenR

I've been searching for a saint for my project for weeks, and now I've found her. I love her name, and how dedicated she was! It is hard to find a cool name for a saint. This had all the info I needed on her!

2. Lauryn

Is St Bridget, Saint Bridid of Ireland?

3. Aoife

i am going to use st.bridget as my conformation name because i am irish aswell,,, this site was very usefull - thank you!
    i love the information you said about leaving out a blue cloth - im gonna do it!

4. Clary

I am doing an assignment on St Bridget, and i need more informaton than what's on this website, if you have more info can you send it to me i need
    -life
    -writings
    -does she meet the criteria for sainthood (why)
    -teachings

5. c

feast day is first of feb. st bridgets crosses are made from rushes and hung in houses over doors i think and sometimes in sheds, also if you leave a blue cloth or cloth with bit of blue on it outside on a bush on st bridgets night (so would be 31 jan as night comes before the day) she is said to touch it and it will have a cure in it, look her up on wikipedia. hope this helped

6. Tiah

im thinking of choosing st Bridget because im part Irish but im fully Australia so i dont know if i should chose her.

7. danni

i love to lern about saints and this one was espesaly important to me becaouse my aunts name is bridget and i loved her very much. this biography was very helpful and imformational. thnx!

8. bridget

does anyone know what time period she lived in?! i need it for my report for my saint name

9. Bridget

Everyone says that this is going to be their confirmation name but it IS my name so i can't use it. If anyone could maybe suggest other saints that would be great. Thank youss!

10. Amy

Thankyou very much! I think I will choose St. Bridget for my confirmation name.
    She truly was amazing!

11. Sarah

I like the name bridget and I'm taking it as my confirmation name too .

12. ROBIN

LOVE HER STORY

13. Lily

i'm going to choose bridget for my confirmation day but does anyone know her feast day?

14. matthew

my son needed information on st bridiget for homework, this site really helped thank you!...

15. Sydney

Hi, my name is sydney and i picked Bridget as my confirmation name. SHe is confusing me because she she is from Ireland and there is a Saint named Sint Brigid of IReland is that her?

16. Amelia

My granddaughter's name is bridget. She is as beautiful as this saint.

17. Ray

I am getting my confirmation this year and I was thinking of St.Bridget as my St. name.But I am also doing a report on it but I need more info on her, like date of birth, feast day(memorial day) and the date she died.
    All of the St. on this website doesn't have enough info.So if you would add the three things above.
    That would be GREAT!
    Thanks

18. erica

i am choosing bridget for my confirmation saint, just a few questions about her. Where and when was she born and died, when is her feast day, and what was her occupation?

19. Alexis

I am Italian and Irish. but i am more Italian than irish so i wanted to even it out. St. Bridget is irish so i choose this name!!!

20. Shaniqua

i love st. Bridget and my sister Samantha!!! oh and i love my other sister Kelly. you guys helped me so much and even showed me this website. you should also try the website jellyblocks.com thats a fun website like this one.