St. Charles Borromeo Comments

Charles was the son of Count Gilbert Borromeo and Margaret Medici, sister of Pope Pius IV. He was born at the family castle of Arona on Lake Maggiore, Italy on October 2. He received the clerical tonsure when he was twelve and was sent to the Benedictine abbey of SS. Gratian and Felinus at Arona for his education. In 1559 his uncle was elected Pope Pius IV and the following year, named him his Secretary of State and created him a cardinal ... Continue Reading

1. Jake Adams
    11 months ago

I wanna know more thts way to little information!!!

2. kathleen Wilmot
    11 months ago

St. Charles Borromeo, pray for us.

3. phillyeonna

dear saint Charles Borromeo i am very inspired with your great hand on earth may God reward you,, please pray on earth about corruption..

4. Kokkeragadda.H Bhaskara Rao

Dear and most popular Saint, ST.CHARLES BORROMEO!, I hail you for the great contributions you made for the Catholic Church Reforms ,in the capacity of Doctor and Cardinal of the Church,especially during the crucial and bad time of rising Protestantism.Your daring and historical reforms undoubtedly saved and strengthened the Universal Church.Now I pray God for your intersession to renew the reforms suited to the present times as the Church is loosing it's credibility and magnanimity,and facing worldly challenges.Dear St.Charles,B.please pray for me and for my family to be devout Catholics and also pray for the well being of the whole Catholic Church,Amen.

5. christie

Dear St. Charles Borromeo, I am awe-inspired by your saintly life of faith and commitment to Christ. In this year of Faith, grant that I may never fail to seek and pursue opportunities that God gives me to serve Him well. I know that the calling of many will be in the framework of the work of the Parish. Give me the grace not to dismiss the Holy Spirit's gentle promptings. Grant me the gift of perseverance in prayer, and in work.
    St. Charles Borromeo, today, my little grandson is seeking medical help from experts. Guide the hands and minds of the physicians that attend to him, that he may receive the best treatment. That he may be free of seizures, of negative social behaviours. of speech delays etc. Grant this in Jesus name. Also, grant my daughter success in bringing to birth a healthy child. Amen.

6. MONA

PLEASE PRAY FOR JACOB THAT HE FINDS THE RIGHT PATH, FOR HIS PARENTS THAT THEY FIND THE STRENGHT AND WISDOM TO GUIDE HIM AND FOR ALL CANCER PATIENTS THAT THEY DEAL WITH THEIR DISEASE WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY. THANK YOU.

7. christopher

great saint we need more people like you on this earth god bless you
    please pray 2 god for all of us sinners Amen

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Charles Borromeo, Please continue to pray for me to assimilate the virtue of humility in all my human relationships.

9. Charles

ahh my saint at last i will now finish my report

10. tomas ortiz

I'm looking for the app in Spanish for the catechism Catholic can someone help me. God BLESS u all!!!

11. anonymous

Saint. Charles-please pray for me that i may be converted-thank you.amen.

12. Marcy Smith

In your article (second paragraph) you mention that "when he finally arrived at Trent (which had been without a resident bishop for 80 years)", it should be Milan, not Trent, which was without a resident bishop for 80 years.
    Otherwise an excellent capture of the essence of this great Saint. Thank You.

13. Liam Keyes

I was married in St. Charles Borromeo Church in Woburn Massachusetts in 1969.

14. christie

St. Charles Borromeo, patron saint of learning and the arts. You were outstanding, courageous, and single-minded in your Counter reformation efforts. You stood bravely for Christ, despite all odds. Today, I feel that in my obscure life and simple duties, I take any opposition seriously. What an unworthy follower of Christ, I am. Help me see the larger picture in which Christ is the reason for any good I may do. For it is His Grace that makes all things possible. Help me, dear Saint to be like you, humble and patient. One of your outstanding works was with lapsed Catholics. How much we need you in this era of faithlessness! Dear Saint, help all my children to be true to their baptismal vows. Amen

15. Hy8

the beast of saints right here

16. Tim

I love this saint!

17. Charles

My lovely saint, i rely mainly on ur intercession n i need those virtues dat made u a st. I knw dat i won't b disappointed. Amen

18. Janine

Please pray for me St Charels, and for all students that are learning to be of service to others. May we do well enough to be truely helpful.
    Help us to be pateint in our studies, and to have trust in God with our assessments and exams. Amen

19. Kieron Peddle

Dear saint, thank you for making me a part of your form and please make my brother stop being gobby.

20. kevin