St. Katharine Drexel Comments

Saint Katharine Drexel, Religious (Feast Day-March 3) Born in 1858, into a prominent Philadelphia family, Katharine became imbued with love for God and neighbor. She took an avid interest in the material and spiritual well-being of black and native Americans. She began by donating money but soon concluded that more was needed - the lacking ingredient was people. Katharine founded the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament for Black and Native American ... Continue Reading

1. Ramona

The Diocese of St. Cloud MN has a school named after St. Katherine Drexel. Please add to your list.

2. emmanuel

dear ST. Catherine drexel,increase my Love for my neighbor and God to serve better? this ill do blindly, pray for me

3. Glenda D. Havard

This Saint's picture was on a calendar and I was curious as to who she was. I began reading from the calendar but I wanted to know more about her contributions.
    Thanks for your wonderful input, I was able to get a better understanding of this beautiful person who was chosen by the Lord to serve His oppressed people.

God bless you.

4. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Katherine Drexel, please pray for me to be generous and open hearted towards the needs of others, as you were.

5. Conchita Alarilla

St. Katherine Drexel's story is very inspiring! Imagine giving up her big fortune in order to follow what Jesus advised the young rich man ( in the Bible) 'to give up his riches and follow Him!' How many of us can give up our worldly possessions in order to follow Christ. I wish someday I can follow the footsteps of St. Katherine Drexel and ultimately follow the footsteps of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

6. christie

St. Katherine Drexel. what a far-sighted, generous-hearted woman you are, to have cared for people. You have demonstrated true love for humanity irrespective of racial origins. You used much of your personal fortunes to the benefit of the poor, African American people. Be our inspiration. On your feast day, in the presence of the Blessed Trinity, pray for us. Give us graces to be like you. To be inspired. To be motivated by love of God. Amen/

7. Brighstar

Thank you! I am making my communion and this is the saint I picked to learn about. She is really special and by coincidence I was also baptized in a parish named for her.

8. DARCY

My friend is in Chile! this saint is strange...

9. katja

I think Katharine is amazing!!!!
    She is so cool!

10. alix

thanks for the help

11. Lisa Miller

St. Katharine Drexel is my Patron Saint (I was baptised into the Catholic faith last Easter). I chose her afrer much study on the Saints. It struck me odd that nobody around me, even my Priest had ever heard of her. I chose her for who she was as a person, giving up her fortune to help others of different races in addition to her own. She is also a patron saint of heart ailments, of which my Mother died from, and my Dad has suffered three heart attacks. Her feast day is March 3rd, my parents anniversary. It was a right choice for me, personally.

12. Scull Family

Saint Katharine Drexel, please keep Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast open. You donated this property, please keep it sacred. We love our schools and are heartbroken over the announcement to closed this wonderful institution, we call our second home.

13. Sharon Miller

A great life of service to humanity.

14. NADYA

im 11 and this was super helpfull!!

15. duan dobard

i using the info for my report

16. not saying

i lov Katherine im so glad i get to do a report on her!!!!!!!!!!!:) my teacher said she is the most prettyest saint she hav evr seen!!!!! ans she was right Katherine was soooooo kind to others i wil never forget thes report i do cuz it so kewl to do a report on Katherine Dexel
    I LOVE U KATHERINE MARY DEXEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Megan

St. Katherine is such a Beautiful Saint.

18. (anonymis)

Wow, great article. I have a Saint report due on Thursday October 27th, 2011 and my teacher said this was a great website - well she was right! Thanks Ms. D. :) This really helped me, it's on the Cardinal Virtues and I have to write a report - so thank you. (: (haha, I can't even spell 'anonymis' and I'm 1_.)

19. Rose

What Bible Verse would best describe St. Katherine of Drexel?

20. mahalynn

hi thanks for the help:)i really nedded it my parents would kill me if i didnt have at least this much research