St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Comments

Elizabeth Bayley Seton was the first native born American to be canonized by the Catholic Church. Born two years before the American Revolution, Elizabeth grew up in the "cream" of New York society. She was a prolific reader, and read everything from the Bible to contemporary novels. In spite of her high society background, Elizabeth's early life was quiet, simple, and often lonely. As she grew a little older, the Bible was to ... Continue Reading

1. Chrystina

Im graduating this year and i have to be confirmed with a saint name and i chose St.Elizabeth Ann Seton, but i have one question for the essay i have to write....What is the most memorable thing about this saint?...im not sure... so does anyone know, if you guys could help it would be great, kthnkx :)

2. olivia

It is just buteyful age, 8

3. jessica

I found this artica very helpful and i found things out i have never none about. This artical helped me reliced that she did more than just open a school she helped people become cathlic and find there way to god. All i no is that i want to be just like her and help get people to find god and believe in him. God is always there for u no matted what happenes hes always got your back. so thanks mother seton you made me relize what i was missing. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Tom D

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's life is so much something I can aspire to as a pattern in my own life at present: many temporal pitfalls, disappointments, tragedies, losses and struggles. Yet she had this compulsion to know and serve Our Lord and care for his children more deeply and more completely as the response to the many setbacks in her earthly life. God please make me more like her!

5. Charity

I was born the day she was cannonized and my name is Charity, I guess you could say we have many things in common, may she pray for me so that I may become as Holy as her.

6. Michael

What a wonderful bio this has been!. I had no idea and now can identify with her in several ways.

7. Jan

Hello...Just would like to say that Mother Seton was '47' years old when she died...you have her listed at 46 and that is wrong and should be corrected.

Other than that...I absolutely love Mother Seton as did my own mother :)

Thank you.

8. Father Jim Modeen

My sister and her husband lived in Emmitsburg and my parents saw St. Elizabeth's home there. I am presently helping out at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish here in Tucson. Tuesday night we are having a special Mass for the Feast Day so that will be special. I also saw the movie of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and it is worth watching.
    Her life can be an inspiration especially her devotion to the Eucharist.

9. Mary Aurelia Keefe

My mother made me promise to read, "The Lives of the Saints." before she died. After the tragic death of my son, Eric, I did read it. In a memorial placed in our local paper I included a poem by St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton...little did I know she was the Patron Saint of Dead Children. Her words spoke to my grieving heart. Someone said, "It was just a baby." No matter what the age or circumstances of ones child's death; all of our children's lives and souls are valuable in the eyes of all that love them.

10. Jan

I love Mother Seton as did my Mom :) They have her passing away at the age of 46 which is wrong...she was 47 years old and that should be corrected.

11. Audrey

This article was great and i am now planning on using Elizabeth for Conformation. Watch over us always. Thanks!

12. megan

this site was so helpful thnks

13. Racheal

Hey everyone! I love St. Elizebeth Ann Seton!!! She is the bom digity and the groovy smoothie and that a'int no garbage and i love this website

14. sibustat is

In short, the case for the night. After fasting exhaust ... I went to sleep.

15. Franz Handl

Very good site, congratulations!
    My daughter, borned 1995, is named by St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.
    Greets from St.Anton, Austria

16. Maryy

I am really happy I picked St. Elizabeth Seton for my confirmation name!<3

17. Elizabeth Ann

Thanks so much for writing this article on my patron saint. Now I know MORE about her! :-) Good job! If you have additional info on her, I'd be happy to read it. Just email to me.

18. Ken

Need more info on her family!!!!!!!

19. sarah Nickreson

OMG i love this!!! wow. its pretty cool. welp, gotta go. i peed

20. marsha

i thought she was the patron saint of Catholic schools