St. Andre Bessette Comments

When Alfred Bessette came to the Holy Cross Brothers in 1870, he carried with him a note from his pastor saying, "I am sending you a saint." The Brothers found that difficult to believe. Chronic stomach pains had made it impossible for Alfred to hold a job very long and since he was a boy he had wandered from shop to shop, farm to farm, in his native Canada and in the United States, staying only until his employers found out how little work ... Continue Reading

1. RICHARD OF EU
    10 months ago

GOD BLESS FATHER ANDRE AND JOHN PAUL II

2. Mark

I have visited the beautiful oratory and grounds, and seen the crutches lining the walls. I have marvelled at this life, like a mustard seed, that bore the greatest of fruit. St. Br. Andre has blessed me with peace when under great stress. I am sure that he welcomed my father into the kingdom after much suffering in his last days. Pray for me, Br. Andre and St. Joseph, that I might do those little things now to help bring about God's will on earth, and do one millionth the good you have done. Let me continue to find joy in the simple things and trust in God.

3. christopher

St.Andre Bessette god bless you
    I would like 2 build a nurseing home for the old people on my land
    may b with your help and that of all the saints i can
    please pray for me
    Amen

4. Joseph Mathew

Thank You St. Andre, for letting me grow in faith, and find ways to express it as you did, in this 'Year of Faith'.

5. chet bas

happy feast day St. Andre Bessette. thank you for our visit to canada

6. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Grant me the gift of Humility that your preserved throughout your life. Help me to be devoted to our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary. Amen

7. general usmc acmf sas usnf ****

6th jan 2013:epiphany sunday;st andre alfred bessette csc pray for us !

8. robert chapman

my parish here in laconia new hampshire is named after andre bessette. He is one of my favorite saints

9. Tammy Mcrae

I believe in the power of prayer.. I believe that praying to Brother Andre to intercede helped me through what doctors told me would be a pregnancy with not a happy ending.. The odds were extremely high that I would have a baby with Down's Syndrome.One Dr. went as far as to say my child would be a burden to me and my family. My husband told the Dr. that abortion was out of the question and that we would have faith to get us through.
    I prayed for the baby to be normal and every priest I saw I asked for a blessing for my unborn child. But I was still distraught .
    My visit to St. Joseph's in Montreal was my chance to get my prayers heard. From the moment I walked into the door the atmosphere had a holiness to it I can't explain but it was so strong that to this day I have not felt that effect since.
    I prayed over Brother Andre's coffin with my belly on the casket and closed my eyes in deep prayer with my Mom and Step dad watching .My Mom swears to this day that 2 nuns came in the room in old nun habits on and stood behind me as I was praying. I was not aware as I was so deep in prayer but I felt a sense of warmth and peace at that moment. She never told me this until after the baby was born.
    My little girl was born months later completely healthy and the neonatal unit that was set up for her wasn't needed. My doctor brought her to me after I delivered her and said she was perfect. She was, and is, to this day. She is my blessing and asks me every night to read her a bible story. Oh, and we named her Faith. Thanks to God, Jesus, Mary, St Joseph and Brother Andre for prayers answered.

10. Elle

St Andre. Please intercede to St Joseph for my mom who is at the doctor's office right now.

11. Donna Podolak

I spent my childhood visiting St. Joseph's Oratory in Montreal and looking at the many crutches from Brother Andre's healing. I even attended school with a student who's father was cured and able to walk because of his miracles. Now as an adult, this is even more interesting. Saint Andre has become one of my very favorite Saints.

12. Joseph Mathew

Dear Br. Andre, Please grant me an iota of your faith! Please pray for me.

13. Ronald Morrow

The message of St Andre Bessett comes from the way he lived his life. One does not have to be learned to commit themselves to become holy. The pathway to holiness is Christ and Saint Andre exemplied that in the way he lived along with a humble devotion to Saint Joseph. What a humble and beautiful man he was.

14. james bakle

this story shows even though st. andre had only had a little his faith in GOD and st joseph prayer life and works great things can happen.that is a good motto for all of us.

15. sharon kane

dear st. andre bessette please pray for my daughter julia that she will return home. May the people she is with have a change of heart and advise her to return to her family. Her mother and family is in grief over this situation. It has been months since she has spoken to us as she is filled with anger due to an evil manipulating man. May this end soon.

16. Steve

What a beautiful story of an inspirational man. St Andre, please pray for me as I struggle to find work.

17. margarita

St Andre. Please intercede to St Joseph for my husband who the Doctor said he need his right foot amputated . Please intercede on our behalf for a miracle that he doesn't lose his foot

18. christie

St. Andre Bessette, I was astounded with happiness as I walked casually along the streets of Toronto and saw how St. Joseph was proudly proclaimed as patron saint of Canada. Then I happened to read about your humble life as a young lad of ill-health and no learning. How great is our God to those who love and honour Him. The reward He gave you is amazing, truly impossible to imagine. You are my inspiration for all who have learning difficulties. Please intercede to St. Joseph on behalf of all children who are born with fragile X. Free them from epileptic fits, speech delays and poor behaviour. With your help and the intercession of St. Joseph, find a permanent cure for all these suffering children. One day, I'd like to visit the basilica of St. Joseph in Montreal, hopefully to give thanks for their cure. Amen.

19. norman

St- Brother ANdre has made many more healing than 2 sanctionned
    by the Pope.

There are thousands of crutches at St Joseph Oratory in Montreal which brother
    Andre built.

ALSO, I AM A RECIPIENT OF A MIRACLE IN 1960 WHERE I FOUND THE USE
    OF MY LEG AGAIN THROUGH ST BROTHER ANDRE INTERCESSION.

THIS SAINT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECOGNIZED WAY BEFORE 2009.....

BUT FINALLY, HE WAS ACKNOWLEDGED ALTHOUGH LATE.

BROTHER ANDRE STILL AFFECTS MY LIFE,, MY LEG IS FINE TODAY,
    NO NEED OF CRUTCHES AND HIS GRACE LIVES ON FOREVER....

20. Susie

My devotion to Saint André and Saint Joseph is tremendous. I have had the privilege of
    praying at Brother André's tomb at the Oratory in Montréal--a beautiful and magnificent
    shrine. This holy and humble man of Montréal and loyal friend of St. Joseph has finally been raised to sainthood! St. André, pray for us.