St. Dominic Comments

St. Dominic (1170-1221). Son of Felix Guzman and Bl. Joan of Aza, he was born at Calaruega, Spain, studied at the Univ. at Palencia, was probably ordained there while pursuing his studies and was appointed canon at Osma in 1199. There he became prior superior of the chapter, which was noted for its strict adherence to the rule of St. Benedict. In 1203 he accompanied Bishop Diego de Avezedo of Osma to Languedoc where Dominic preached against the ... Continue Reading

1. pamela sue aragon

yeah me too! why the patron saint for astronomy?
    but he is a great person!!!

2. CatholicKid

This site really helped me do my religion paper. It has so much information!

3. aalayah and nadia

i like the information that u give because its helping us learn about saints n angles

love aalayah n nadia =]

4. Kameron

it was very helpful

5. denise Powell

very helpful as I did not know any thing about him.

6. peter mankowski

this is very helpful for my religion project.......god bless you

7. Maverick Hunter Zero

Very Helpful Cause I'am very curious about his past life.

8. diosdado mose

advance Happy Feastday st. Dominic

9. miss samoa

yea i really need more inform about him coz i am doing my r.e project on him but the funny thing is, that i am a saint Dominic student and i do not know anything about him

10. Emmanuel

pls can I get the full history of st Dominic

11. shannon

yea i need alittle more info cuz im doin a report on him=]

12. Domenick

Yes, it is reported that the Blessed Mother gave St. Dominic the rosary.

13. joseph

I was wondering if there was any more information on saint Dominic for a report on him

14. jessica

it is a great story. and you are awesome.

15. domenica

I believe he was given the rosary by Our Blessed Mother, but I could be wrong.

16. Trisha Holzman

I love this web site and was wondering if I could get more info on saint dominic?

17. Linda

He was made patron of Astronomers because he had a star shaped birthmark. But where I read that I can't remember.

18. urmuma

would all that information be a biography?

19. lawkey

Sophie, i was also pondering why St. Domimic was a patron saint of the astrologer. maybe we need to still research more on his life past

20. Mishka

Sophie, I think that because of the star above his head in iconography.