St. Dominic Comments

St. Dominic (1170-1221). Son of Felix Guzman and Bl. Joan of Aza, he was born at Calaruega, Spain, studied at the Univ. at Palencia, was probably ordained there while pursuing his studies and was appointed canon at Osma in 1199. There he became prior superior of the chapter, which was noted for its strict adherence to the rule of St. Benedict. In 1203 he accompanied Bishop Diego de Avezedo of Osma to Languedoc where Dominic preached against the ... Continue Reading

1. Marisa Rios

I too was taught that St. Dominick was the patron Saint of the Rosary. But a few times I have heard that he was also the Patron Saint of Astronomy. My eldest son's name is Dominick. RIP baby.

2. Francesco

Saint Dominic, please, with the Lord's assistance, help our Church that is in need of the help of its saints.
    Saint Dominic, I write this comment for your feast day on Monday, as a special sign of the love between you and those who love you and pray with you to God.

Saint Dominic, pray for us.

3. Joshua

St.Dominic Please Pray for me to Have the Lord's Guidance and Provisional Blessing in all that I am to do now. Whether to stay where I am or to go where the Lord desires me to. Please pray for my discernment and wisdom! Thank You and God Bless all of you!

4. MATTHEW SPETTER

He is in our lives and we feel the grace in our actions upon the pathway

5. philipo gunderson

hi alexander I personaly think st.francis of assisi is very sepecial. St.Dominic is special as well.

6. alexander gunderson

St.Dominic is the best saint in the world.

7. alexander gunderson

hi

8. Annette Stramp

Both my husband and grandson;s names are Dominic. My husband is very interested in astronomy and my grandson was born in August. No one new of St. Dominics interest or his feast day until now. Thank you for the information

9. Dominic Shiaondo Azema

I want to know more about St. Dominic.

10. jane

his feast day is the 5th of august

11. Michelle

Would like to obtain more information concerning St. Dominic.

12. Richard Jeckel

I went to Private school In eaglerock ca. St. Dominics 7 years I dont remember learning about our schools namesake. I am glad my parents sent us 3 kids there.

13. Tony

I found my answer the lily or stalk of lilies refers notable chastity. The reason he is patron saint of astronomy is because his grand mother saw a star on his head during his baptism.

14. Tony

Why is pictured with the white flowers that St. Joseph has on his staff.

15. jade

this text has really helped me to know more about this saint.

16. Ryan

Why is he a saint?It doesn't say above?

17. Richard Croker

Perhaps it was Dominic's gift to relate to both the non-knowing (uneducated/uninformed) and the knowing (educated) at a time when the most important human 'science' regarded astronomy as one of the highest forms of knowledge.

18. NWAKONUCHE CHUKWUEBUKA

God bless you all in jesus name amen...

19. frank kennedy

Nice page. I went to St Dominic,s boarding school in Hambledon Surrey run by the Sisters of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus and Mary. I used to serve mass daily very early.morning.
    God bless all who had time at this school. Some very nice Sisters I will always remember.. God go with them all always Frank Kennedy

20. jeevan francis .k

nice but i only know that he was a very good man