St. Dominic Comments

St. Dominic (1170-1221). Son of Felix Guzman and Bl. Joan of Aza, he was born at Calaruega, Spain, studied at the Univ. at Palencia, was probably ordained there while pursuing his studies and was appointed canon at Osma in 1199. There he became prior superior of the chapter, which was noted for its strict adherence to the rule of St. Benedict. In 1203 he accompanied Bishop Diego de Avezedo of Osma to Languedoc where Dominic preached against the ... Continue Reading

1. Mary Dysko
    9 months ago

I got St. Dominic, thank you! I have been a scientist and astronomer by training but am now in bioethics. Hoping St. Dominic will help with debunking the craze for science as a new religion! Also ask him to look after my large family of boys and instill into them a love of Jesus and Our Lady and a deep knowledge of the Catholic faith.
    Many thanks
    Mary

2. Marie
    10 months ago

Saint Dominic, thank you for inspiring me to love and pray the Rosary. Please continue to help me as I struggle to end an infestation problem that has tormented me at my home and job for more than a year. Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ.

3. Joseph Mathew

St. Dominic, please pray for us to be true disciples of Jesus, in meeting and handling the challenges of our day to day life.

4. Julius Chirchir

St. Dominic, pray for us that we may have strong faith and spread the Rosary inorder to defeat the evils of the present times. Amen

5. Amber

St. Dominic, please intercede for the homeless and those who lost a home and a job. They live under the bridge now and no one visits them. Please open up more soup kitchens to feed the hungry. Also help those who are sick. Pray for them.

6. D.walk

Is the Feast day there birthday

7. Ron Fetty, Jr.

My confirmation name is Dominic after this great saint. St. Dominic was a humble servant to the faith, his order, and to his community.

8. Hyginus

Dominic pray for us to hv limitless love n devotion to d rosary,that we may be guided by d grace of God n to pray for convertion of hardened siners which was ur sole desire.pray for us to hv d desire to save souls as u had n to motify ourselves to pls GOD always.

9. Deacon Jeff Lewis

God Bless the work of the Dominicans, especially my friend and dear Brother Deacon Irene Richard a Dominican Deacon who directs a homeless shelter in Lewiston, Maine. Enjoy this special day where we recognize the work started by St. Dominic. Pax Christi

10. Joseph Mathew

St Dominic, thanks for spreding the rosary, It helps our family to come together in the evenings. Please continue to pray for us.

11. christie

Dear St Dominic, fiery hound of the Lord, keep me faithful to the Rosary, that I may reap its mighty spiritual and material benefits. Protect us from the works and pomps of the devil, that are played out in our day to day lives by people whom we least expected. Grant us your loving care and pray for us unceasingly. I pray for my dear Dominican priest and friend whom I've lost contatct with. May he be well. Amen

12. chet bas

happy feast day St. Dominic. please help us be devoted to the rosary more. thank you

13. banana☺

this is a very helpful site 4 finding saints =)

14. Evan

This was very helpful for my confirmation paper. Thank you so much!

15. Hyacinth

Very informative. I also want to know how the Dominican Laity was formed. Where can I get that info?

16. x

sophie I read cour comment and I must conclude that he is the patron st. of astronemers beacuse astronymy intrested him

17. Olajire Dominic

Wish to follow the life of saint Dominic

18. Joanne Bosanquet

Bless my son Dominic, who, I hope will follow in St Dominic's footsteps.

19. Steve

For all the young Dominican semenarians who follow your example. Bless their vocations, give them strength to follow in your footsteps. For Fr Charles Bouchard, the new midwest provincial, bless him with with vision to lead his community.

20. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Dominic, You fostered a path of harmoniosation of intellect with practical life! Please pray for us.