St. Bernadette Soubirous Comments

Famed visionary of Lourdes, baptized Mary Bernard. She was born in Lourdes, France, on January 7, 1844, the daughter of Francis and Louise Soubirous. Bernadette, a severe asthma sufferer, lived in abject poverty. On February 11, 1858, she was granted a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary in a cave on the banks of the Gave River near Lourdes. She was placed in consider able jeopardy when she reported the vision, and crowds gathered when she had ... Continue Reading

1. Shirley
    1 month ago

St. Bernadette , I pray for you as you have asks us to do and you will pray for us from Heaven, .Amen I have went to Lourdes and I have bought a postcard which I post on my refrigerator door, a constant to say the rosary. I still want to visit Nevers, France.

2. Mercedita Simon
    6 months ago

For me, one of God's greatest creation is the Blessed Virgin Mary, our most powerful intercessor for God's merciful forgiveness of our sins and His mercy on our needs and help in times of difficulty. It is only a blessing that our Blessed Mother appeared to Bernadette to show us that God so loves us, that hope for God's graces is there for the asking. Blessed Mother, Immaculate Concepcion, pray for me a sinner! St. Bernadette, pray for us, pray for me. Praise be to You, O Jesus!

3. Annerose Sedran
    9 months ago

In 1884 I took my then 10 yr old daughter, who had had a major brain seizure and was suspected of suffering from epilepsy, and my 62 yr old mother-in-law, who had just had a large grade 5 melanoma removed, to Lourdes. It was the most moving experience of our lives, especially the bath, and neither of them had any further signs of their respective problems. I am convinced they were both cured and am eternally grateful.

In 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, underwent surgery, chemo and radiation therapy and remain on medication to suppress the cancer. I also have had both hips replaced and now require a fusion in my spine due to disabling and very painful osteoarthritis. I am fortunate to be able to return to Lourdes in April 2014 and look forward to repeating my last experience in the hope that my prayers will once more be answered.

Making a pilgrimage to Lourdes is something that I would wish for everyone, for it is an incredible and spiritually uplifting experience like no other I have ever experienced in the 64 years of my life.

4. general unknown something usmc usnf nasa ****

16th april 2013:st bernadette pray for us!

5. Emely

St. Bernadette? how did you overcome obstacles?
    What drew you to christianity?
    What did you do for living? please answer quick

6. gary

There are a couple of items I'd like to comment on regarding the above write up on St. Bernadette! The two films starring Sydney Penney are shown daily in Lourdes, the film closely follows the book "Bernadette Speaks" by Laurentin, which is a very researched and documented book, in addition, no where in her diaries does she state a 2nd coming of Mary to the Grotto, read the book : A Holy Life", it contains all the existing letters written by Bernadette plus her personal and favorite prayers, she never mentioned a 2nd coming.

7. Peter

the Lord is my shephard, there is nothing i shall want

My name is Peter. I always cry many times when i watch that movie on Bernadette. I do not know why i cry. I am an instrument now of my mother's health. I am her aid and protector 24/7/365. She has suffered for 50 years+. My unmarried life has led me here to take care of her. I know that because i have spoken to God. When my mother dies, i don't know my fate, am i to become a priest to help more, or do other things?

I dream about one day visiting Lourdes and touching the water there, maybe it will shed light on my purpose. Also walking to Nevers to see Bernadette. I feel i am drawn to there.

God bless all ye who read this. The Lord is my shephard there is nothing i shall want.

8. William H. Burke, Jr.

I visited Lourdes last summer for a week and had a fantastic experience there. I went to mass at the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. I was amazed at the number of people at the Grotte de Massabielle in the evenings. I felt so elated to be able to say the rosary at the very spot that The Virgin Mary appeared to Bernadette.

I feel that Bernadette's identifying the Lady she was seeing at the grotto as The Immaculate
    Conception was the main reason she was made a saint. Bernadette, being uneducated and
    illiterate, had no idea what those words meant. Her pastor said, "Bernadette, how can you say words that you don't understand?" Bernadette answered that she had repeated what the Lady just told her (Que soy era Immaculada Councepciou) all the way back from the grotto, so she wouldn't forget them.

Thus, since Bernadette couldn't possibly have made up these words herself (a theologian
    said that they were beyond Bernadette's abilities), she could only have gotten them from
    one place, The Virgin Mary Herself. To me, this is absolute proof of the existence of God.

9. Yvette Lockett

Hi everyone like most of you i am very humbled everytime i watch the film A song For Bernadette, i also love her & she is my favourite saint, i have tried many times to get pictures & a statue of her through the piety stall at my church but, no luck, can anyone help me in this please i would be very gratefull many thanks,

10. Kariann

Yes, Kathy. I also watched the (entire) movie last night and was also moved to tears. I prayed for my health needs and feel at peace this morning. In looking at the calendar, April 16 is the celebration of the Blessed Virgin which makes sense to be St. Bernadette's also.

Thank you Andrea for the prayer.

11. Kathy

There are so many comments I don't know what to add. I just watched the movie by accident and am being very touched by it. Am in tears. I hope to continue to have these feelings of closeness with St Bernadette and "The Lady" as she called her. I pray for their protection and their mercy, and that they both pray for me at the hour of my death. Amen.

I also would like the candle and the novena and the picture other lady talked about.
    Thank you!

12. Serena

Llewell believes that Jesus is coming back with a sword to slaughter innocent Muslim people. |Jesus with a SWORD! How Christian is that?

13. JC

Many many thanks to you St Bernadette for the blessings you have showered on our family!

14. channah

Bernadette was a sweet humble child...She understood her role in life, and knew nothing here on earth could bring her happiness...Bernadette suffered and didn't complain, she excepted her pain for the poor souls in purgatory, and for those here upon earth... Thank you Bernadette

15. jelo kim reyes

Saint Bernadette is a saint who inspire me a lot.... even though neglected by some, she is still listen to the prayers I said, the first time I read a short bibliography about her, I was amazed that this beautiful and powerful saint was able to see the Great Mother of God 18 times, courageous even though was disturbed by some, and humble enough to enter the convent without asking for a special treatment...... she is my protector saint in heaven together with Saint Francis of Asisi and Saint Peter Baptist....

16. A.X.frank anthony

dear borther in jesus christ
    please kindly send the appriate bilblr reading of blessed virgin mary appered ST BERNADATTE AND ALSO THE PRAYER PLEASE VERY URGENT
    THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION;
    LOVING BROTHER IN LORD JESUS CHRIST
    A.X.FRANK ANTHONY

17. bernadette perno

...At first i like Saint Therese of Lisieux...but when my mother says that i was name before her....actually my birthdate is the date of her canonization..and my brother named after saint bernard...i like Saint Bernadette cause she is humble and a lot of humility in her heart....she was really amazing....

18. Bernard Landreville

With respect, two facts relating to the life of Saint Bernadette Soubirous as posted here are incorrect.

First, the name of the congregation in Nevers is the Sisters of Charity; see www.sainte-bernadette-nevers.com.

Second, Bernadette wasn't merely "sent" to the Sisters of Charity, she chose to join them after being a student and a ward of the sisters of that congretation at their Hospice in Lourdes.

19. Andrew David Doyle

Mattew Mark Luke John, Mary, Miriam, they are around me....how do I control the commotion, are these visions of biblical importance and why do they stalk me.

20. Andrew David Doyle

This young saint still affects and helps those pilgrims today...if thats not saintly I have no idea what is....

Andrew David Doyle The Silent Apostle