St. Barbara Comments

Barbara lived in the 4th century and brought up as a heathen. A tyrannical father, Dioscorus, had kept her jealously secluded in a lonely tower which he had built for that purpose. Here, in her forced solitude, she gave herself to prayer and study, and contrived to receive instruction and Baptism in secret by a Christian priest. Barbara resisted her father's wish that she marry. Then on one occasion, during her father's absence, Barbara had ... Continue Reading

1. Barbara

St. Barbara is my patron. I never understood why I was named Barbara until later in life. Her feast day is Dec. 4, the birthdate of my very religious grandmother whom I was very close to. She is the patron saint also of stonemasons, which is my father's lifetime occupation, and he was a master at that. I was also very close to him too. Nothing is a coincidence. She was very ostracized and outcast for standing up for her faith, and so am I. I find that all too consuming sometimes, and it is a comfort knowing she can help me and intercede for me. Too many similarities not to mean something. I guess everything happens for a reason. St. Barbara, pray for me.

2. Jose Roman

As a person with faith in all that is good i find it inspiring to have such a protector. for those of us who need protection from all that harms us. Santa Barbara put her faith in god and the Holy Trinity before her own. My experiences with Santa Barbara were nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Saint Barbara for your courage and love. And thank you GOD for all that YOU are. here my prayers.AMEN

3. Angel

There is a special bond between St. Barbara and those that are outcast for she herself was an outcast. I have lived this life and tend to "see" St.Barbara in many places when I need to be close to someone or am trying too hard to "fit in"..Gracias Santa Barbara por compartir en mi soledad!

4. Barbara

Always prayed to St. Barbara for protection since she is my patron.

5. Barbara

St Barbara's story is close to mine torment from parents. I love St Barbara for her protection.

6. Barbara

Saint Barbara, i thought, is a Saint for the sick. If i'm wrong please post.

7. rosana

i love sant barbara

8. Kenneth A. Nolan

St. Barbara is also the patron Saint of the Air Force. Especially the bomber pilots
    As the story above states: We'd all do well to control our anger here on Earth......because retribution from above....will be swift and sure....
    By The Lord's hand.

9. Kevin Sheedy

This abstract is a little ethnocentric..

I understood St. Barbara to be the patron of all those who work with explosives including miners, sappers as well as those in the artillery, not just the US Army Artillery. She is also the patron saint of mathematicians. The gunners in the US Marines would doubtless like to be counted among those for whom St. Barbara is patron.

My former employer, an Italian tunnelling and construction company, used to celebrate the feast of Santa Barbara every December 4th.

Cheers,,

Kevin Sheedy

10. Cheryl Daniels

Amazing how much my life has been like St Barbara's life story. I too have been secluded and have all 3 trinity members.