St. Ambrose Comments

At 33 Ambrose had it all - a successful career as a lawyer, an important position as governor of Milan, the approval and friendship of the emperor, and a large estate. Then the bishop of Milan died. At this time, about 374, heresies threatened to destroy the Church. The bishop had supported the Arian heresy that argued against the divinity of Christ. Who would take his place - an Arian or a Catholic? Both sides met in the cathedral and a ... Continue Reading

1. K.Bhaskara Rao Henry

Dear St.Ambrose,the Defender of Catholic faith!, I came to know of your dare and dashing stand against the pagan and heresy groups in the early church.It is wonder as how you have defended and restored the Catholic faith and fought for the Catholic doctrines especially on "THE TRINITY". The present church is also facing many such dis honors and dis respects from innumerable protestant churches.You patronise the defenders of Catholic faith by your continuous prayers and blessings for the good cause.Also bless and pray for STEVE RAY who is camping globally along with his better-half, defending our esteemed faith.Hail to Catholic Online for their wonder works in propagation of our faith.

2. christie

Happy feast-day dear St. Ambrose. I love you. Pray that us Catholics, pilgrims on earth. That we may always be faithful to Christ. Mother Mary pray for all our children. Give heed to our supplications, intercessions and prayers. Work miracles for us Jesus, Lord and God. Amen. Heal all sick children and bring to birth a healthy baby for my daughter. Amen.

3. sam

this helped me on my project alot. its clearer on how they explain his life

4. mary

I, too, am looking for the full quote from St. Ambrose re: praying for the dead. I used it on the program for my mother's funeral so can give you the gist of it, but this may not be the exact wording:

We have loved them during life. Let us not abandon them in death until we have conducted them by our prayers to a place of comfort, light, and peace.

5. Drew Peacock

I LUV YOU AMBROSE

6. anandan ambrose

I am very proud and thanks to lord jesus christ .He has given him in the world as saint for others like poor peole .Eventhough I am having his name still now i did not know about him .so i will live for poor people and for the Glory of God .thank you who have work hard for this articles .

7. Louise

WHY didn't Ambrose's name appear on the December 7's list of "saint of the day?"

8. Dominic N Maina

He is a person to be imitated in faith for his courage and devotion in his call as a shelpherd.St Ambrose pray for me so that I may achieve my very goal in reaching heaven to be with other saints.Its not me alone but with my family members and those people I comes across in my daily evangelzation as a prison catholic catechist.

9. christie

St.Ambrose, I remember you for your pastoral care of famous St. Augustine. Your listened to St, Monica's prayers and pleas for her son and your words of comfort bore to be true. "It is impossible for the son of so many tears to lost". Dear St Ambrose, you are familiar with the concerns that mothers have over their children's spiritual welfare, do for me what you did for St. Monica. On your feast day pray for all mothers who have concerns over their children. May we not suffer anxiety or undue stress. Help us with your wonderful wisdom. Amen

10. utz mcmahon

I named my new puppy, Ambrose, because St. Ambrose baptized St. Augustine. That was special to me since I took St. Monica as my confirmation name about 50 years ago. I named my boys, Robert, Daniel, and Michael, after the saints, and feel it's my little way of evangelization. I learned so much more about St. Ambrose from your guide. Thank you. UM

11. Mary

This morning in Mass, the priest mentioned that in a funeral, St Ambrose said: "in life we love them, let's not forget them in... "

Could you please finish the sentence?

Sicerely
    Mary

12. lucy

am proud to hv a close friend by the name AMBROSE

13. Jez Toney

I had been having some difficulties in choosing a Saint name for my up coming confirmation, but after reading this article on St Ambrose, I have decided to take him as my inspiration and mentor as I deepen my faith as a Roman Catholic - what a great man he is indeed. OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD !!!!!!

14. Tiffany

OMG he is my confirmation saint! o yeah! so interesting!

15. Captainspudnutz

WHERE R THE DRAGONS! I THOUGHT THERE WERE DRAGONS IN THIS WIZARDS TALE!

16. L.A. Witt.

St. Ambrose is in influence in my daily life and always use him as an example, for he had the Holy Spirit with him every day and let his light shine. This is the one I follow.

17. William B. Dredge

For those of us not raised in Catholicism, the notion of Saints as appointed by the Church may just have been part and parcel of what I now regard as the ignorant Prostestant prejudice against all things Catholic. Two semesters' study of Western Civilization at Rutgers when I was an undergraduate many years ago was mandatory, and the historian who taught it renowned and quite excellent, yet there was very little mention of the role Saints such as Ambrose played in advancing Western Civilization. The early, and very likely the current history of Western Civilization...is the history of the success of the Roman Catholic Church...with all its scandals along the way... in keeping the love of, and reverence for the Christ alive. Long may she stand !

18. mm

wow

19. PF

I really found this article helpful and used it for a project. A pretty interesting man you have there :D.

20. Elly 'Knives' Verlinden

I had to pick a Saint that represented me for my upcoming conformation and I chose Ambrose. He is a truly inspiring man.