St. Valentine Comments

Click Here for St. Valentine Prayer's Valentine was a holy priest in Rome, who, with St. Marius and his family, assisted the martyrs in the persecution under Claudius II. He was apprehended, and sent by the emperor to the prefect of Rome, who, on finding all his promises to make him renounce his faith ineffectual, commanded him to be beaten with clubs, and afterwards, to be beheaded, which was executed on February 14, about the year 270. Pope ... Continue Reading

1. dreamer

I was praying today and a thought came to me. If we just had one day that everyone would strive to forgive those who offended them, even in the slightest way. Just forgive. And if it was also a day that one would try to love one another as written in Corinthians and how Jesus loves us. Just for one day. It would be amazing, it would be contagious. If we picked a day why not on Valentines day. Let Valentines Day represent the day of true love not of sex or obligations. True love if just for one day. Like the celebration of Christmas and how St Nicholas teaches us a generous heart. I just put it out there

2. perla

I now have my patron saint for confirmation....thank you :)

3. leo

This is very interesting, far more noble then the perverted sexual version of valentines day we see today.
    I wish all christians were as self-less and dedicated to their god as this man was.
    then perhaps, we could achieve a semi-world peace where many faiths could live in a semblance of harmony.
    -From a NON Chrisitan. Never was, never will be, but respect those who are. I Believe in your god to. There is ONLY ONE creator after all.

4. kool kid 24

omg i love jesus mane i cud finally find duh love in my life

5. Skylar Salazar

so much HW; history,English, Spelling, and i have to know my capitols...HELP!!! D:

6. Skylar Salazar

This is an awsome oppertunity to find out the real b-day of mr.valentine and so much more.note:i am 11 years old and i am in fifth grade.

7. linay m

Saint Valentine is a good, and a very nice person!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥=3

8. Lee hogy

hay thank you for this website who ever made it.

Dalton from SJA Laplace will you go out with me.

9. Robert

The date of birth is really important to so many , funny thing is what is really important is that he like we arrived ... What is important ? The awareness that we were all created by GOD to be helpful to each other , so that we may grow in love and acceptance of each other . Know this we are not destroyed by death , we are reunited with our creator in love which is really what we should focus on ... grammar , spelling , and all of the petty perceived faults REALLY SOME OF US SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME GETTING THE SQUARE KNOT OUT OF OUR PANTIES !!! I will pray for all who can not see the GOD in others, may the peace of our Lord find your heart...

A grandpa

10. Jim

At Mass saturday,the priest was saying 'no evidence exists of this person'.According to this site,and books I have on the saints,he was a priest,in the early church.Why can't they get these facts straight.

11. Ako Tama

Is the word or the name VALENTINE really a replica of LOVE today, especially as some call the day LOVERS' DAY?

12. Thomas

You should talk about the hit job that NPR is doing on St. Valentine's day. For starters, they're lying about the origins using medieval woodcuts that are completely unrelated to St. Valentine or the so-called "Dark History." This needs to be discussed on Catholic Radio at great length.

13. alaya

this information is good but i still dont know how to do my assignment..... because my assignment is hard and i dont knoe my way arround it

14. maria

Those young ladies doing research...I would suggest that you don't rely just on one website to give you all the answers. Try other sites too, and combine them to build your research and of course site your source...

15. Saleem Ali

this was useful information....Although i'm still not certain why that it's not an american issue 2 celebrate

16. Arianna

this is a blessing holy website its the best to look at

17. holly

this helped me on my homework

18. neki laitinen

this article on saint valentine was very informative. I was always curious as to who he was. thank you so very kindly. God bless you.

19. ????????????????

report last night i feel so much better now. this webstite was 50% helpful %50 was the rest of the internet

20. Martin

The Martyrs always make me fill with such warmth. They truly are the light of the path for all of us.

God Bless