St. Roch Comments

Untrustworthy sources say he was probably born at Montpellier, France, son of the governor there. He was orphaned when he was twenty. He went on pilgrimage to Rome and devoted himself to caring for the victims of a plague that was ravaging Italy. He became a victim himself at Piacenza but recovered and was reputed to have performed many miracles of healing. On his return to Montpellier, he was imprisoned for five years as a spy in pilgrim's ... Continue Reading

1. Dali Sotelo

Dear St. Roch,
    Please bless my puppy, Lovie, with a good immune system so that she'll survive her illness. Intercede for her, St. Roch. Please save her as she brings only love and joy to our family,esp. to my son. Make her well and take away her muscle twitching and depression. Please, St. Roch, in the name of Jesus, I humbly pray. AMen.

2. chet bas

happy feast day St. Roch. please intercede to the Most Holy Trinity to cure my mom,grandpa, uncles, aunts and myself with our illnesses and diseases. thank you, we love you

3. Joanne Faustino

St. Roch, please pray for my dog namnam who is suffering from an illness that makes her so weak. Please heal hear and make her healthy again...make her strong. We need her and we love her so much. amen.

4. Lavonna Jovanovich

St. Roch, please pray for my dog Matti who needs your prayers. Restore her health so we can share many more years together. Amen.

5. Malgorzata Wojczak-Olejnik

In a village called Mikstat in Poland, on the day of St.Roch, the villagers come to a tiny wooden church of St.Roch with their pets to have them blessed. The church itself is situated on a hill surrounded by a cemetery , and during the ceremony all the graves are decorated with hundreds of gladiolus flowers, which is an amazing view!

6. Lori

Please, please, pray for my little dog Elvira. She is very sick today and I can't afford a vet. Please pray for her to be healed, please. She means the world to me. God bless you all!

7. Inkspot

St roch please help jb who os a devpted loving pet. He is gravely ill and needs a miacle to beat cancer. Thank you

8. Kelly Backer

St. Roch please pray for my dog Farley, he is weak and is in need for your prayer so he can come home to his family in strength and health. We love him very much. Thank you and Amen.

9. rodel r. nayve

Please include in your listing the St. Roch Parish Church in Larap, Jose Panganiban, Camarines Norte, Philippines. Many tnxs.

10. Frederick Langley

An addition to references to St Roch in popular culture:
    In the dialect of Boulogne, Northern France, they say, referring to two people who are inseperable: "Ch'est Saint Ro et sen tien". In standard French "C'est Saint Roch et son chien" ("It's Saint Roch and his dog.")

11. ani

please pray for my pet

12. Peter Quigley

How is 'Roch' pronounced? Is it French?

13. Ean

St. Roch, please pray for my pet Storm who needs your prayers and your care. Restore his health and his strength so we can continue to share many more years together.
    Amen

14. john kelly

My wife has chronic renal failure is there a special prayer to Saint Roch we can recite to help her kidney failure
    J M Kelly

15. anthony

i thought that roch was the protector of dogs. i love dogs so i had to do roch as a project. :)

16. Connie Dobberpuhl

I was told that St Roch's feastday was Aug 17th which was the date of my husband's kidney transplant...our son was the donor. My dear friend had a beautiful reliquary with his relic in it and loaned it to me for a few weeks. We invoked his intercession (especially me) and today Oct 25th, 2010 my husband and son are both absolutely fine. I will always remember him in my prayers as another powerful intercessor.

17. Robert Iulo

The story I was told is that a dog helped him to heal when he had the plague by bringing him bread and licking his wounds.

18. Jaime Torquemada

I was under the impression HE was the patron of the Dogs, there was no mention HE did anything in their behave .
    Why the Dog?
    I guess He just loved Dogs.
    I wish a better explanation of this fact.

19. Luis solares

Why is he depicted with a dog by his side?

20. Breda Ali

Thank you. As a child my mother used to say the Litany of St Roch. Does anyone have this Litany?.