St. Kateri Tekakwitha Comments

Saint Kateri Tekakwitha, Virgin, was canonized on 10/21/2012 by Pope Benedict XVI. Kateri was born near the town of Auriesville, New York, in the year 1656, the daughter of a Mohawk warrior. She was four years old when her mother died of smallpox. The disease also attacked Kateri and transfigured her face. She was adopted by her two aunts and an uncle. Kateri became converted as a teenager. She was baptized at the age of twenty and incurred ... Continue Reading

1. Jeff

Our parish had a priest many years ago 'fighting' for the canonization of Bl Kateri. I have now moved away and just down the road from me is a parish named after Bl Kateri. It's great to hear the Church is working on Bl Kateri to sainthood ... In memory and love of our beloved priest so many years ago, who has since passed, I would like to do what I could to help Bl Kateri to sainthood, for the glory of God in Christ ... for the salvation of souls of our dear natives.

2. Michael

Does the church plan to canonize blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, lily of the mohawks as a saint in the near future? If so will the church be doing more to reach out to natives who live up in Alaska and the Canadian arctic? I'm astounded she hasn't been canonized as a saint yet.

3. Amelia

I think this website was very useful for my saint report on Kateri Tekakwitha. it detailed her life and holy adventures. Going to a Cathlic school we always do saint reports. I hope i do well on my report!!! thanks for all your info. God Bless!!! :)

4. Cathy

I was given a relic of Kateri by my mother 48 years ago and gave it to a friend 30 years ago that was a recent convert to the Catholic faith. She cherishes it always but I can't help but feel I gave a little piece of myself away and would like to find another. Please post if this is possible.

5. Max

This helped because I had a project about her.

6. Elizabeth

I now have a miracle in my life due to Kateri. I believe that she is truly a saint now. She is very powerful. She is shown carrying a cross. The cross stands for earth on the across line and heaven on the down line.

7. Amanda Lopez

This is really helpful because I am did a project on her.

8. Michele

I notice the copyright notice...however there is an email or print function...I feel inspired to pass this page on to an indian magazine address who sent us a catalog that includes a statue of an Indian Madonna...I want them to know about this Indian saint...I think this is proper use of copying, for their inspiration.

9. Ari

i needed a halloween outfit and info tada!

10. swim girl

I learned that:
    she stayed a virgin her whole life
    supported and encouraged the christain missionaries
    rosary was her favorite prayer
    had scared face because of small pox
    was adopted by aunts and uncle
    treated like a slave
    ran away
    family died of small pox
    best friend was Mary Teresa
    was simple, humble, kind, and cheerful
    made her first holy communion on christmas 1677
    last words were: "Jesus, Mary, I love you!"
    died at 24

and on June 22, 1980, Pope John the second declared her Blessed
    I'm gonna use her as my confirmation name!

11. Rosei

I am going to choose Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha for my comfirmation name.I wanted her since I was in 2nd grade when I chose her for my All Saints Day name.

12. bayley

amelia i need to now more about her could u give me more about her?

13. Amelia

I need a saint for all saints day and I thought she rocked.I looked her up and got info.When I heard her story I knew I wanted to do her. If you know any facts can you post it? Here I will make a deal with anyone who needs to do a report. I will post stuff I know if you post stuff you know.OK.

14. Catherine

She is a very Holy women and we should respect her for staying to her faith. When I get confrimed I want to take her name as my comfirmation name. It translates to Catherine.

15. Jess

I was looking for a Saint for "All Saints Day" CCD teachers are to pick a Saint and dress up as that saint and give a brief history of the saint chosen. I found Bl.Kateri and I am blessed to have found a great saint to share with the kids. Bl. Kateri is the perfect role model to share with the kids on the importance of praying for the beautiful earth that God created and so unselfishly gave to us, its just too bad that we are not taking such good care of it. "Blessed Kateri I pray to you so you can intercede for me so I can teach my First Holy Communion class the importance of giving, praying and participating in receiving communion. To give to those who are less fortunate and to help take care of the enviroment, the trees, the water, the animal and flowers. Guide me so that I may have the the strength to immitate you and have the strength to avoid all that is not pleasing to God our Father. May you be cannonized and may many people come to know your true beauty. I ask this in the Name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Amen" May God also bless your mother for teaching you the power of prayer.

16. Deb

Saint Kateri turned to the Great Spirit of God for Comfort, Strength & Protection. In recieving those graces she helped others every way she could. We need to pray and ask to recieve Gods Graces, Believe It and Watch what happens...
    Pray to Saint Kateri that we may find ways to Comfort, Strengthen and Protect
    Ourselves and Others as The Great Spirit of Gods Grace was given to her can also be ours. Thanks be to God

17. Heidi Steiner

This saint is an insiration to me and I can't wait to research more on her. Pray for us Kateri Tekawitha!

18. Komekia

My baby sister was blessed. When she was born my mother gave her this beautiful indian name. We thought she was nuts at that time Kateri had just made known to become a saint. But now that my baby sister has died and gone to heaven it is sure a blessing to hear her name throughout our faith. Going to confimations and hearing the childern who have chosen her for their saint name lets me know that my little sister is with us to. Kateri what a beautiful saint you are and rembered in our family everyday...........

19. Mariae

Kateri is beautiful name and of course a beautiful person inside and out for she embraced Catholic Faith and so with Jesus and Mary..

20. Sophaaaaaaaay

her name is so beautiful!
    I've been trying to find a female saint to do with animals for AGES!
    she's definitely going to be my confirmation saint! :D x